E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Interior Leather choice for Mystic Blue E61

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

auburn is very very nice...but i think beige looks better...but beige needs alot of cleaning, and gets dirty very fast...
if you do get you car dirty then go for auburn..but if you dont go for beige...
Old 04-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i Touring 2005, Carbonblack, Nappa Naturbraun, M-pack, Comfortline, Navi Prof, Steptronic, Bi-Xenon, Eisenmann exhaust.

Originally Posted by Allymunro' post='265230' date='Apr 6 2006, 01:12 AM
I don't think the Auburn goes with Mystic Blue. Would be great with black but not blue. So It's beige or grey. Which one's best?
Its your choice and taste so i'll respect that. If you dont like auburn take beige. Grey is out. Really, grey has no expression and beige is timeless and classy. Go for beige.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

when i bought my car....i saw a car at the dealer that was silver-grey outside...and inside,,grey interior, grey leather, with titanium or aluminum (cant remmember) trim...silver grey is a nice color on the outside,,,but, with all do respect to anyone who has a interior combo like this, (im sure not alot of ppl)....that thing looked cheap to me...i mean really cheap...it was a 530i as i can remember...i was given a very good deal on it...but it was very ugly and look cheap from the inside...went for less power, got the 525 with amsteth leather...
grey is not an option...
Old 04-06-2006, 03:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by new-kid' post='265167' date='Apr 5 2006, 10:27 PM
I have mystic blue and beige - looks great. All the brochure shots were beige interior for the Touring when first launched.
Forget grey - its too, well, grey !
Oi!

I like my grey! But that's the point of individuality and choice
Old 04-06-2006, 06:47 AM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by colejl' post='265400' date='Apr 6 2006, 01:34 PM
Oi!

EXACTLY! Color choices are always such a subjective, personal thing. For any of us who like something very much, there'll be as many others who have 10 reasons why it looks like sh**.

For me, the Auburn has so much depth, it is so rich and so "leathery". And it contrasts so well with the doors and the wood panels - gives then depth. The beige is fine as well, but it looks bland, and it certainly does not hold up well to use. You'll start to see stains quickly and grease/sweat stains from hands - and legs if you drive in shorts - not thongs please , so beige was never a choice for me. Same for the light gray.

It always amazes me when people write asking "what color should I get..? And they get 10 different answers from 10 different people. What color do YOU like. Do the research, peruse the site's gallery, ask people to post pictures, notice cars on the street, go to the dealer, etc., and decide what works best for YOU.

Anyway, that's my 0.2c

Cheers!
Old 04-06-2006, 08:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by madoon' post='265369' date='Apr 6 2006, 03:39 AM
auburn is very very nice...but i think beige looks better...but beige needs alot of cleaning, and gets dirty very fast...
if you do get you car dirty then go for auburn..but if you dont go for beige...
I recently received my first BMW (530xit in black w beige leather) Its simply stunning. Newbie question: What is a good way to clean the leather seats when my dog leaves her foot prints on the back seat?

Old 04-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Senior Members

not much of an expert on the subject...would like to get some advise on the subject too...but i use the bmw leather cleaner at the moment...i think it does the job very well...
if i were you i wouldnt leave those foot prints on the seat for more than a few days, ill be afraid it'll stain and not go out..i would wipe it off with a cloth atleast untill i properly clean it....
and btw, you shouldnt let your car get too dirty otherwise it will become too much to clean...clean it regularly...beautifull color, but requires some care...
Old 04-07-2006, 04:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 525d M Sport, Mystic Blue Adaptive Xenon's (Visibility Package), Grey Dakota Leather, Professional Navigation System, BMW Professional Radio/6 Disc CD Changer, Bluetooth Telephone Prearation, (Media Package)Automatic Air Conditioning-Advanced, Auto Dim Interior and Exterior (Electric Folding) Mirrors, Front Seat Heating

Originally Posted by colejl' post='265400' date='Apr 6 2006, 12:34 PM
Oi!

Haha! Yeah! Ditto
Old 04-10-2006, 06:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i M Sport Touring (E61): Mystic Blue with Beige Leather and Light Poplar Wood Trim | M Sport Package: Anthracite Headlining, Dechroming, 18" M Spoke Alloy Wheels (135) & RFT's, M Sport Steering Wheel, Sports Seats, M Door Entry Sill Trims, M Sport Suspension Settings, M Aero Bodykit I | Pro NAV | Bluetooth Prep | Xenons | Adapative Headlights | Headlight Washers | HUD | PDC | Automatic Air Con - Advanced | Automatic Tailgate Operation | Heated Front Seats | Sun Protection Glass | Non-Smoker Package |

Originally Posted by Allymunro' post='264868' date='Apr 5 2006, 12:51 PM
Advice please: I really like the Beige dakota leather but not convinced it contrasts well with Mystic Blue extrerior. Therefore also considering gery dakota leather instead. Black is too dark for me. Will go with wood trim; what's best combo dark,light or maple poplar? Any comments from owners with previous experience?
Thanks to everyone for your comments; they've been really helpfully.

I've now taken the plunge and ordered my new E61 although I'm still not 100% convinced I have the right colour combo's. So here's the ride I've ordered:-

523i Touring with M Sport package, Petrol engine, manual gear box (I want to drive it!!). Colour Mystic Blue with Biege Dakota Leather and Light Poplar Wood trim. I think the Anthracite Headlining (part of M Sport package) in the roof will complement the beige and poplar wood quite well.

Options to also include Media Package (Pro Sat Nav, Bluetooth prep 6 CD-changer ect.) Visibilty Package (Xenon with Adaptive Headlights) Heated Front Seats, Sun Protection Glass (tinted windows). Thought about getting HUD but as advanced air con and changed windscreen required this made the option too expensive for what may just be a novelty which will wear off after a few weeks.

All in it should be a very nice ride, and I'm looking forward to driving it.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:07 AM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by Allymunro' post='267143' date='Apr 10 2006, 04:08 PM
Thought about getting HUD but as advanced air con and changed windscreen required this made the option too expensive for what may just be a novelty which will wear off after a few weeks.
I have HUD in mine and I can honestly tell you it is NOT a novelty, especially if you're using your navigation system. Also, in Europe - where we (you and I) are - where the speed limits can change within a town to 30KPH and back to 50KPH, it is so easy to watch the speed just in from of you, not having to move your eyes down to the dash. And again, with the nav system, you'll love it. See if you can test drive one with it and there may be time to ammend your order. I had some weeks to be able to add/delete and I did change a couple of things that I'm glad I did.
Anyway, test drive a car with it and you'll be sold...good luck with your decision. You will LOVE the Mystic Blue. It's very creamy looking and gives you great contrast with the sports package. You'll just have to take care of the light-colored leather seats and use good cleaners.

Regards.

Quick Reply: Interior Leather choice for Mystic Blue E61