E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Hi-Fi Stereo System

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 04:18 AM
IMU
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also speakers under the front seats
Old 12-23-2005, 04:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Standard: 6 speakers
Hi-Fi: 10 speakers
I had the standard system in my old car (E39) and it just sucks compared to the Hi Fi system.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:05 AM
Members

Check this site:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?mode...809&hg=65&fg=20

Here you can see where are the speakers. You have 3 speaker systems in Europe: Stereo (standard) ; Hi-Fi and Top Hi-Fi also known as L7, (both optional).

In America, you get only Hi-Fi (standard) and Top Hi-Fi (optional), also known as L7.

This site, although made for the american BMW customer, is very good for us to take a glimpse on the car features .

Greetings and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by mr_djurgarden' post='214898' date='Dec 23 2005, 05:53 AM
Standard: 6 speakers
Hi-Fi: 10 speakers
I had the standard system in my old car (E39) and it just sucks compared to the Hi Fi system.
Pretty sure the US premium system (with L7) has 13 speakers
Old 12-25-2005, 07:53 AM
Contributors

Summary once more to clarify. In Europe there are 3 systems:

1) Standard, with 6 speakers
2) HiFi, with 10 speakers (this is the "Standard" in the US)
3) HiFi Professional Logic7, with 13 speakers

The standard system is worse than the stereo you get in Ford Mondeo, IMHO. The extra price for HiFi in Europe is very moderate, and worth every single penny.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring, Titanium Silver, HiFi Loudspeaker system, Heated Front Seats, Tracker Retrieve, Media Package, Black Dakota Leather & Steptronic Transmission

Originally Posted by afterglow' post='214900' date='Dec 23 2005, 02:05 PM
Check this site:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?mode...809&hg=65&fg=20

Here you can see where are the speakers. You have 3 speaker systems in Europe: Stereo (standard) ; Hi-Fi and Top Hi-Fi also known as L7, (both optional).

In America, you get only Hi-Fi (standard) and Top Hi-Fi (optional), also known as L7.

This site, although made for the american BMW customer, is very good for us to take a glimpse on the car features .

Greetings and Merry Christmas.
Many thanks for that web site very informative. I think I've figured it out the total number of speakers in my car (or have I?), there are tweeter and mid range in each front doors (4), bass speakers in under the back of the front seats (2) and tweeter and midrange together under the same speaker cover in the roof at the back of the car (4) which brings the number of visible speakers to 10!
Except that I also see what appears to be a speaker grill under the windscreen in the center of the console?!?
Old 01-06-2006, 06:52 AM
Members

[/quote]

Many thanks for that web site very informative. I think I've figured it out the total number of speakers in my car (or have I?), there are tweeter and mid range in each front doors (4), bass speakers in under the back of the front seats (2) and tweeter and midrange together under the same speaker cover in the roof at the back of the car (4) which brings the number of visible speakers to 10!
Except that I also see what appears to be a speaker grill under the windscreen in the center of the console?!?
[/quote]

So:

1 - Don't you have 2 speakers, each in the middle of the rear passenger doors?

2 - If you have, you probably have another in the center top dashboard/console, in the space you spoted. (L7) . If not, the top center dashboard space should be empty (no speaker in there) (HiFi) .
Old 01-06-2006, 08:53 AM
Contributors

The easiest way to distinguish if you have Logic7 is to check the rear door panels. If they have speakers you got Logic 7 with 13 speakers (HiFi system has only 10). One more additonal Logic7 speaker is on top of the dashboard under the windshield. All cars have the speaker place there, it's just empty if you did not get Logic7.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 530D M SPORT - Silver

Hi

I have just taken delivery of my E61 with the following spec

530D M SPORT TOURING
Metallic Silver
Black Leather
Automatic
Media Pack
Visability Pack
Panoramic Sunroof
Auto Bootlid
Advanced Air Con
Black Mrtyle Wood Trim

WHAT A FANTASTIC CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having owned 3 various BMW's over 10 years i stupidly defected to the darkside for the last 3 years (Mercedes C270CDI Estate) :thumbsdown: possibly the worst car i have ever owned, anyway back in the right camp again now.

Anyway my question is that i made a serious error in not specifing the HIFI stereo system, is it possible to retrofit this? does it mean changing all the speakers or just add additional speakers? where does the amplifier that powers the HIFI system go? anybody got an idea how much it would cost?

Anybody that can help with answers to the above??????

Many Thanks
Old 01-10-2006, 01:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring, Titanium Silver, HiFi Loudspeaker system, Heated Front Seats, Tracker Retrieve, Media Package, Black Dakota Leather & Steptronic Transmission

[/quote]

So:

1 - Don't you have 2 speakers, each in the middle of the rear passenger doors?

2 - If you have, you probably have another in the center top dashboard/console, in the space you spoted. (L7) . If not, the top center dashboard space should be empty (no speaker in there) (HiFi) .
[/quote]
Hi, no in my Touring there are no speakers in the rear doors, maybe the center top dashboard has not speakers..