E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Hi-Fi Stereo System

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 12:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know what are the differences between the standard Stereo System and the Hi-Fi Stereo (not the Logic7) for the 530 Touring.
Number of loudspeaker, position, better quality or what???

Thanks
Old 12-13-2005, 01:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

Originally Posted by Marco' post='210634' date='Dec 13 2005, 10:28 AM
Does anyone know what are the differences between the standard Stereo System and the Hi-Fi Stereo (not the Logic7) for the 530 Touring.

Thanks
This is dependent on where you live US or Europe? But if not L7 then get the Hi-Fi for sure
Old 12-13-2005, 02:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

do a search it has been describen even with pictures numerous times here.

However, do not get the basic one, go for HI-FI. I have it and it is great. Like a little brother of the Logic7

The European basic one is very very poor.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:08 AM
Members

My Ride: Booked: E70n X5 40d M. Carbonblack, oyster, comfortseats, Nav Pro, Active Drive, Panoramic, Hifi PRO DSP, HUD, Alutrim, Satin ext, gloss rails, towconnector, elctric lid, alarm and more. FS: E61 535D -06, Activesteering, Comfort seats, Hifi, M-steeringwheel, PDC, Rails, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Towconnector, Alu trims, Panoramic roof, ISO FIX, SonyEricsson BT-HF, 124 wheels, Alarm, Electric lid, Aburn interior, Xenons, Silvergrey and the crappy cupholders!!!

I have the HiFi and are very happy with it. I have also tested the L7 and it was not that big upgrade in my mind. The standard one is not so entertaining at all. But it all depends on what references you have.

I think the standard system have 6 speakers and the HiFi have 10. Biggest difference is the two subs under the front seats.

When I tested the systems in demo cars in the shops I felt that it was big difference if the system was factory new or used. The used one have mych better dynamic range and smoother performance. The new ones was very "stiff" in the preformance and I felt that they where not playing as "open" as the used one was. I think this might be a result of the speakers have to be "break-in".

For me the HiFi was enought and for my wife the basic is more than enought. Logic 7 in a car is for me a little over-kill. Even the BMW is a silent car, it still have a load of disturbing noices and not perfect acustic design.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by Marco' post='210634' date='Dec 13 2005, 04:28 AM

Thanks
10 amplified loudspeakers. You definitely feel the difference. In my opinion it is worth the money you are spending. I had it in my E60 and I re bought it on the E61.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:30 AM
Members

Yes, folks,
that's what I feel too.

Actually I have the Hi Fi on my car but I bought it just based on my idea, because my dealer was pushing for the standard one. Now I understand why: I had before a E39 with Hi-Fi but it was really terrible...I think the normal one in my E34 was better, so according him the improvement was big!

I am very happy with the Hi-Fi, and now at least I can understand the main differences.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:04 AM
Members

Completely agree with the opinions. Being my fourth BMW it is the first time HiFi option is worth every ?. MUCH better than standard sound. In my opinion L7 is just not worth it.

For those who have Hifi have you noticed that when listenning to radio after a couple of seconds the sound get a surrond feeling. I think that BMW is leaving part of L7 on the HiFi option but not giving us access to the menus in Idrive

On more note, if you want MP3 you still have to order Professional Radio. I goofed on this one because I read in this forum that after Sept this year MP3 would be standard with CD players That's true for US market because professional radio is standard over there. In Europe I think Business Radio is standard (with no MP3)
Old 12-16-2005, 04:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='210646' date='Dec 13 2005, 06:28 AM
I have it and it is great. Like a little brother of the Logic7
Love your phrase :

I have the hifi too..and it is more than enough for me. (seriously it sounds great for my ears)
Old 12-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

I have HIFi in my current E60 and previously had the UK std system in my last E60. The difference IMHO is massive. Totally recommend it.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:58 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring, Titanium Silver, HiFi Loudspeaker system, Heated Front Seats, Tracker Retrieve, Media Package, Black Dakota Leather & Steptronic Transmission

Hi Folks, I got a 530d Sport touring (2005 spec) and it supposedly came with HiFi System, but in the touring I can only see 2 sets of speakers in the front doors, two in the rear roof and what appears to be a speaker in the center under the winscreen. Could someone let me know where the other speakers are, just so I know for sure the car does actually come equiped with the HiFi System? Is there an additional AMP's?
Many thanks!

Quick Reply: Hi-Fi Stereo System