E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Help! Using Trunk Modules from other cars? (Trunk flooded)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 04:00 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535xi wagon 6AT

Originally Posted by seanjordan20
I would not tell you what to do but I know what i would do. As long as you have a receipt from an auto shop that diagnosed the problem then you should be fine.
I have nothing; I diagnosed it and dealt with it myself, since the car was out of warranty, the dealer had already proved unhelpful with latent electrical issues while under CPO, and I'm a 200 mile round trip drive from the dealer.

Once I learned of the suit, I was hopeful that would be the ticket to a resolution... But I wasn't aware of any 120k cap until today. Hopefully I have some emails, texts or photos to prove the date, if not the precise mileage.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:04 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535xi wagon 6AT

The dealer made no mention of the mileage, apparently it might have more to do with being reimbursed, but perhaps they're ignoring that as a measure of good will, however unlikely that would seem to me.

In my case they blew out all the drains and ordered one new module, although there may be further work needed (my power liftgate also quit working when this happened) so it's not 'over' yet...