E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Have I got everything??

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 03:29 AM
JLS
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just about to order my 530d M Sport Touring and was interested if through other peoples experiences I was missing anything.

I'm only talking about "essential" options here, stuff like Night Vision although cool, is not essential!!

Silver Grey
Auburn Dakota leather
M Sport package
Xenons
Adaptive lights
Headlamp washers
Hi-Fi speaker upgrade (not the Logic 7, is this worth the extra??)
Prof DVD Sat Nav + BMW Assist
Bluetooth prep + telematics
Voice control extended
6 CD changer
Heated seats
Sun blinds (kids)
Extended interior lights package

I am missing anything obvious??
Old 07-10-2006, 04:27 AM
Senior Members

seems like everything, I have got hifi myself but several people have said that logic7 is much better if you love your music.

And also its cheaper to retrofit voice control than getting it from the factory.

I would reccomend advanced air con. Its so much better than standard but the big advantage is looks. The original controls look soo cheap and horrible.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:52 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 520d SE, Black Dakota, Bluetooth

Originally Posted by E60525d' post='308842' date='Jul 10 2006, 01:27 PM
seems like everything, I have got hifi myself but several people have said that logic7 is much better if you love your music.

And also its cheaper to retrofit voice control than getting it from the factory.

I would reccomend advanced air con. Its so much better than standard but the big advantage is looks. The original controls look soo cheap and horrible.
Is it not cheaper to just order the luxury pack and the media pack?
Old 07-10-2006, 04:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Sport manual Mystic Blue, black Dakota leather, advanced air con, fold/split rear seats, Logic 7, business nav, 6cd, heated F seats

Have you considered the space saver spare wheel? - gives you (very cheaply) the option to move away from run-flats as so many others have, if you don't like them.

Looks like you're not going for the auto.. very unusual for the UK.
I have a 2 month old E60 530D manual. Had great difficulty finding a manual car to sample prior to ordering.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:19 AM
JLS
Members

That is the Media Pack and the Visibilty pack in those options - didn't know if people were aware what was in them.

I want to order the advanced air con, just seems like an expensive option for not much - or is that not the case?

Can't get the luxury pack with the sport models as it has sports seats and the luxury pack comes with comfort seats.

Yeah, I haven't driven a manual but I drove the auto and wasn't too keen so have opted for the manual. I actually enjoy the involvement of changing gear Petem77, how do you find it?? (got the space saver wheel, just didn't add it)
Old 07-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Members

My Ride: Booked: E70n X5 40d M. Carbonblack, oyster, comfortseats, Nav Pro, Active Drive, Panoramic, Hifi PRO DSP, HUD, Alutrim, Satin ext, gloss rails, towconnector, elctric lid, alarm and more. FS: E61 535D -06, Activesteering, Comfort seats, Hifi, M-steeringwheel, PDC, Rails, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Towconnector, Alu trims, Panoramic roof, ISO FIX, SonyEricsson BT-HF, 124 wheels, Alarm, Electric lid, Aburn interior, Xenons, Silvergrey and the crappy cupholders!!!

If you ask the dealer to not put a cross in the box for RFT wheels I'm quite shure that you will get normal tyres and the spare.

Active steering might be a option to consider as well as induvidual dark windows. The last option to think over is comfort seats. They cost a fortune, but we are not talking BMW to save money!
Old 07-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535ixT � On Order: 2010 E61, Ordered 1/05, Est. Birth 3/09, Est. Delivery 4/09, Carbon Black, Cream Beige Dakota Leather, Steptronic, M-Sport Pkg., Type 135 18
Model Year: 2010

I would definitely go for the Comfort Seats.

I bought the US Sport Pack. On our version of the Touring, this only includes shadow line trim, Sport Seats (2007 for a somewhat higher price it includes Comfort Seats) and 18" rims.

My salesman showed me the Comfort Seats - I declined. That was a big mistake - for my sport seat headrest does not tilt - so it gives NO support to my head while driving. I think the Comfort Seats would be much more comfortable on a long drive.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Members

My Ride: e39 525i Touring, will order e61 as soon as I can decide on engine and options...

My two suggestions would be Steptronic + Panoramic sunroof.

/M

Originally Posted by JLS' post='308834' date='Jul 10 2006, 01:29 PM
Just about to order my 530d M Sport Touring and was interested if through other peoples experiences I was missing anything.

I'm only talking about "essential" options here, stuff like Night Vision although cool, is not essential!!

Silver Grey
Auburn Dakota leather
M Sport package
Xenons
Adaptive lights
Headlamp washers
Hi-Fi speaker upgrade (not the Logic 7, is this worth the extra??)
Prof DVD Sat Nav + BMW Assist
Bluetooth prep + telematics
Voice control extended
6 CD changer
Heated seats
Sun blinds (kids)
Extended interior lights package

I am missing anything obvious??
Old 07-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 525i SE Touring Automatic - Titanium Grey II, Auburn-Dakota Leather, 17" Light Alloy Wheels Star-Spoke Styling 138, Anthracite Headlining, Maple Wood, Electric Front Seats, Front Seat Heating, Automatic Air Conditioning Advanced, Navigation System Professional, Bluetooth phone prep, Professional radio, Hi-Fi Loudspeaker system, Park Distance Control, Rear Side Airbags, Side Blinds

JLS

my 525i Touring is pretty similar to yours (except I didn't go for the Sports but the SE and got auto instead of manual). From my perspective you have made some very good choices regarding the options.

Agree with the comment on the space saver wheel as it allows you to move away from the RFTs. You might want to get rid of the useless RFTs right away !

I love the Hifi speakers in the E61 - they are great and in my opinion good value for money compared to the high end system.

Good idea to go for the blinds as you can use them flexibly.

Great car - great choices

Old 07-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006, US Spec, 530i, Silver Gray, Black leather, Anthricite headliner, Steptronic, Navi Pro, PDC, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Rear Shades, Folding Rear Seats, Bluetooth w/Blackberrt Torch, AUX Input, Bi-Xenon, AIB Angel Eyes w/matching fogs, summer wheels R118 w/PS2 tires, winter wheels R138 w/Michelin PA3 snows

You might want to add "HUD" since you're getting ProNav. Otherwise, looks good to me.