E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Fitted my new M172 19" summer set-up -- pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha !

Looks amazing!!

You're right! Most high-performance cars in Copenhagen is on Swedish plates, legal or not.

It's a smart system with the quarterly taxes. Our E60 was expensive as hell when we imported it back in 2005, after having lived in Stockholm with low car prices.

I've imported a few cars to Denmark, and like you say it's an insane process, when you compare the payments with the service level. I'm actually writing my Master Thesis with focus on the temporary registration fee vs. the regular, full down payment in Denmark (Not with BMW, but another German carmanufactor)

Enjoy the sun! I'll be cruising to Jutland tomorrow and back home (700 km's) in the E60, and the same trip on Thursday, but in a A*** S5 Speeding ticket coming up..

By the way, I've a few pictures of our E60, from Strandvejen as well

Fitted my new M172 19" summer set-up -- pics inside-dsc04442lille.jpg
Old 04-20-2009, 12:53 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by E60Sim' post='852502' date='Apr 20 2009, 10:11 AM
haha !

Looks amazing!!

You're right! Most high-performance cars in Copenhagen is on Swedish plates, legal or not.

It's a smart system with the quarterly taxes. Our E60 was expensive as hell when we imported it back in 2005, after having lived in Stockholm with low car prices.

I've imported a few cars to Denmark, and like you say it's an insane process, when you compare the payments with the service level. I'm actually writing my Master Thesis with focus on the temporary registration fee vs. the regular, full down payment in Denmark (Not with BMW, but another German carmanufactor)

Enjoy the sun! I'll be cruising to Jutland tomorrow and back home (700 km's) in the E60, and the same trip on Thursday, but in a A*** S5 Speeding ticket coming up..

By the way, I've a few pictures of our E60, from Strandvejen as well
Thanks mate! Well spotted on the location. I like the pic you posted
Sounds like you're going to have a great drive and the weather's excellent at the moment... just try to hold on to your licence

I'll be interested to hear what the outcome of your thesis is, because from what little I know about the Danish car tax system, it does not really strike me as being "well balanced". No doubt we'll meet up at some stage... speaking of which...

I see a lot of Nordic members here. Have you guys considered organising a Nordic E60.NET Meet & Greet? My geography of the region is not really up to speed yet, so I can't really judge what kind of distances would be involved to bring us together. Would Copenhagen make sense or would somewhere central in Sweden be better?
(I'm also hoping some of you can join us for the European Meet in Munich, but appreciate that its monster journey for some.)
Old 04-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='852513' date='Apr 20 2009, 10:53 AM
I see a lot of Nordic members here. Have you guys considered organising a Nordic E60.NET Meet & Greet? My geography of the region is not really up to speed yet, so I can't really judge what kind of distances would be involved to bring us together. Would Copenhagen make sense or would somewhere central in Sweden be better?
(I'm also hoping some of you can join us for the European Meet in Munich, but appreciate that its monster journey for some.)
Actually it was mentioned i another thread a while back
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry766712

would also like to see a meet - wouldn't mind having it in Copenhagen personally, but to be fair to Swedes, Norwegians and Finns we in the south probably need to go north.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by narvselius' post='852520' date='Apr 20 2009, 11:11 AM
Actually it was mentioned i another thread a while back
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry766712

would also like to see a meet - wouldn't mind having it in Copenhagen personally, but to be fair to Swedes, Norwegians and Finns we in the south probably need to go north.

thanks, I'll reply within that Post to keep it all in one place
Old 04-20-2009, 01:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='852513' date='Apr 20 2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks mate! Well spotted on the location. I like the pic you posted
Sounds like you're going to have a great drive and the weather's excellent at the moment... just try to hold on to your licence

I'll be interested to hear what the outcome of your thesis is, because from what little I know about the Danish car tax system, it does not really strike me as being "well balanced". No doubt we'll meet up at some stage... speaking of which...

I'll let you know what the conclusion is, and where the break-off point is (DKK), when it make sense to pay the quarterly taxes compared with the full down payment. I'll be done the 1st of July (according to my thesis schedule ).
Old 04-20-2009, 02:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Excellent pics!! The wheels really do look great.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='852536' date='Apr 20 2009, 12:08 PM
Excellent pics!! The wheels really do look great.
Thanks mate

You got your M166s fitted yet or did the beer get in the way again?
Old 04-20-2009, 05:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='852578' date='Apr 20 2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks mate

You got your M166s fitted yet or did the beer get in the way again?

It wasn't beer this time!

I will buy tires and get the summers mounted this week. I can't wait!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Contributors

thats the best lookin station wagon!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Great pics.

172s make any BMW look terrific.

Quick Reply: Fitted my new M172 19" summer set-up -- pics inside