E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

feeler: rear E61 lowering

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by norwegianE61
yep.

One thing that could be added though.

As always when lowering your car. check your headlight aim afterwards. This is a general disclaimer.

Just check it against a wall in the dark or something like that.
If you have Xenon headlights, this isn't an issue because the headlights are self-leveling depending on the load in the car.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:39 AM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Patrick, you are right

I still have one set left!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d
Model Year: E61 2006

Why all that work when you can lower the rear by just unscrew the bracket in the black box (sensor), rotate it unclockwise a bit and screw it again. To drop a bit more make sure that the pin of the bracket is off the sensor hole. Hard to explain but once you see it, is quite easy to understand.
Some Tips:
1. Few changes makes big difference in height
2. It is air suspension so it will have the same confort at all heights. Once is the amount of air in the bags that will set the height, ridding it too low will make to hit the bottom end of the suspension at the slightest bounce.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530xd Touring 2007 pre-LCI

Originally Posted by Tiago
Why all that work when you can lower the rear by just unscrew the bracket in the black box (sensor), rotate it unclockwise a bit and screw it again. To drop a bit more make sure that the pin of the bracket is off the sensor hole. Hard to explain but once you see it, is quite easy to understand.
Some Tips:
1. Few changes makes big difference in height
2. It is air suspension so it will have the same confort at all heights. Once is the amount of air in the bags that will set the height, ridding it too low will make to hit the bottom end of the suspension at the slightest bounce.
I first did the "sensor-tilt" version, but to be honest I wasn't to comfortable with that solution....the ride height was perfect regarding to H&R lowering springs in front, but I always thought of "what if.." sensor got mis-aligned and what not...

I did actually bought a set with links from norwegiane61 and put my sensors back in place....now I'm at peace best spent $50 ever

another thing with the adjustable links....hey - they're adjustable
Old 03-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Members

Hi,

as I have gotten a few PMs about these lately I am thinking about making another batch.

prices as follows (plus postage)

44.5 Euro or
60 US dollar or
38.5 British Pounds

postage is maximum 13 US dollars, somewhat depending on location (Cheaper to Europe)

PM me if interested.

Regards,
André
Old 03-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi wagon. Monaco Blue/Dakota Brown interior, M Package

pardon my ignorance, but if we install these without reprogramming the air suspension... won't the two be in conflict? If the computer wants "x" height, and we lock the car down to "x-.5 inches"... isn't the compressor going to keep wanting to raise the car and strain against the load?

I appreciate Norwegian's info, wanted this question answered before I took the plunge... how come no aftermarket companies have come up with something like this?
Old 03-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Members

Hi

It is the sensor linkage we are adjusting. Thus we "fool" the car to think the height is what it should be from the factory, while it really is what we want it to be.

This is normally done on many other cars including other bmws. Hartge sold this earlier, but have stopped, probably due to low sales.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi wagon. Monaco Blue/Dakota Brown interior, M Package

Hi

It is the sensor linkage we are adjusting. Thus we "fool" the car to think the height is what it should be from the factory, while it really is what we want it to be.

This is normally done on many other cars including other bmws. Hartge sold this earlier, but have stopped, probably due to low sales.
got it, very very interesting. Will put 19" wheels on first, then see how it looks, then I'll lower it with some H&R springs and your lowering link... man I feel like I've learned a lot in this past week. Paid for car today... it should arrive at my hotel on a truck by monday... can't wait to see it in person and drive it.

Thanks for all the info Norwegian, I'll probably be buying the link from you soon.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Touring - KW Var 3 Coilovers, VMR V710 20x9" wheels, Falken 452 245/35/19" Tires, OEM M5 Front Bumper, OEM M5 Front Fenders, OEM M5 Mirrors, Hamman Style CF Front Lip, Matte Black Kidney Grills, 20% Tint, B&W BMW Roundels.

Anyone have any idea on adjustment ....

IE reducing the link size by ______________ equals a lowering of the height by ___________________.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:04 AM
Members

My Ride: E91 sport + touring

pm sent to Norwegian

Quick Reply: feeler: rear E61 lowering