E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Evan's E61 Build: Pics, Updates, and Wagon Love for All

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 08:03 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My Ride: E61 with all the mods
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Not too much to report on the white wagon. She is still an ugly duckling from the outside which was compounded by me cracking my own windshield while trying to remove the top weather stripping. Insurance should cover it even though I am a dumb dumb.

I am still running a single 450 LPFP so my power is fuel limited, eventually that will be upgraded to dual 450s but as an interim solution I turned down the boost to a level where I can run full ethanol. I don't care to blend all the time and with CA gas prices being stupid high E85> 91 (duh).

I did have some misfires popping up and some of them were terminal, meaning clearing the codes didn't resolve the misfire. It turns out my (upgraded) Delphi coils were dying and some completely ate the bed. Thankfully I have a box of used OEM injectors and coils on hand. A few weeks ago one Delphi coil died, I replaced it with a used OEM coil and all good! This week I have another misfire, again replaced cyl 6 with a used OEM coil, then the next day two more Delphi coils died, at least their lifespan is consistent! lol. Planning for the inevitable I replaced the removed the last 2 Delphis and intorduced them to the trash can. I am now back on all used OEM coils. There are either the coils I originally had on my wagon before "upgrading" to the Delphis OR they are used coils from my buddies RB Turbo E90 that were removed prior to a single turbo conversion. I plan to run these until they die because, why not!?

Aside from the coils dropping like flys the wagon has been a sweetheart in terms of function and reliability so I will give myself a big pat on the back knowing I did something right! lol

I have some other projects which are stealing the spot light from the white wagon but I am looking forward to getting the white wagon's aesthetics back up to par with it's mechanical performance. Until then I will continue to live by my function>form motto.

I have some other projects which are stealing the spot light from the white wagon but I am looking forward to getting the white wagon's aesthetics back up to par with it's mechanical performance.* Until then I will continue to live by my function>form motto.*

Evan

Last edited by ucsbwsr; 10-18-2019 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:48 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i xDrive Touring w/Logic 7
Model Year: 2010

looks like an awesome ride! Definitely makes me wish my wagon had a stick at times

Have you upgraded the EKP already? once I upgrade my turbos I might just run a single Walbro 525 for 93 OCT
Old 10-20-2019, 06:21 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ama66843
looks like an awesome ride! Definitely makes me wish my wagon had a stick at times

Have you upgraded the EKP already? once I upgrade my turbos I might just run a single Walbro 525 for 93 OCT
I run a Walboro 450 but will be upgrading that to dual 450s eventually to complete the fuel system.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:01 PM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Model Year: XHP&MHD

You said upgraded Delphi coils. Would that mean different than the Delphi DEL-GN10571?

I'm wondering because those are the ones I was aiming at.
Maybe I should do Bosch or go Eldor
Old 10-21-2019, 06:21 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by spazzz
You said upgraded Delphi coils. Would that mean different than the Delphi DEL-GN10571?
Those are them. When I replace coils I will be giving the Eldors a shot since they "should" be the latest and greatest.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:30 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: 535xiT

@ucsbwsr

I've noticed in some of your threads a lot of the pics aren't working...Specifically, https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-p...onents-149545/

Am I the only one, or did something break? Do you plan to fix, or is there like an external album I could look at?
Old 02-14-2020, 07:44 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Azar

Am I the only one, or did something break? Do you plan to fix, or is there like an external album I could look at?
Pica originated with Google, not Photobucket or other problematic hosts. They work for me but I can't speak for others. I would try a different browser if you haven't already.

Evan
Old 02-14-2020, 07:57 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: 535xiT

Originally Posted by ucsbwsr
Pica originated with Google, not Photobucket or other problematic hosts. They work for me but I can't speak for others. I would try a different browser if you haven't already.

Evan
Well, crumbs. I had tried my phone, home pc and now work. With different browsers and still no work. It's strange, like in your AWD-RWD thread the pics work until the "motor's in!" pic then it's like a grey'd out NO symbol...I can click on it and looks like an album (1/24) and I can click through but all of them are greyed out like I don't have permission or something? I don't know.

Looks like this if it makes any sense to you?

Name:  KLSKlO6.png
Views: 139
Size:  627.6 KB

Also, really sorry to go off topic on this glorious build but just wanted to see the pretty pictures, lol
Old 02-17-2020, 09:32 PM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: 535i xDrive Sport Wagon (E61)
Model Year: 2010 E61

Pics are also not showing up for me. Have tried multiple browsers, internet providers, and OSs... Something's broken!
Old 02-27-2020, 09:24 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 535xi touring

Pics not working.

Quick Reply: Evan's E61 Build: Pics, Updates, and Wagon Love for All