E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

E61 LCI tail-lights to pre-LCI car plug and play cables now ready

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I've just finished making my first E61 Touring cables and was wondering if there was anyone else who was interested in these? They are completely plug and play and do not require any dealer programming or LCM changes. You also do not need extensive installation. You will however need a set of LCI taillights.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='633819' date='Jul 28 2008, 01:18 AM
I've just finished making my first E61 Touring cables and was wondering if there was anyone else who was interested in these? They are completely plug and play and do not require any dealer programming or LCM changes. You also do not need extensive installation. You will however need a set of LCI taillights.
Although I don't need this I must say that you are an amazing guy and that I admire what you do!
Keep up the good work, Bruce!
cheers
Old 07-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

With this cable set you can upgrade only the body lights and leave the old boot lid ones. Or you can upgrade the whole set.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:42 AM
Contributors

Hi, Bruce!
Tell please is more detailed. For a long time I wait, that someone has made this cable set...
I wish for a long time to change my Tail lights for LCI

Ed
Old 08-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Contributors

What more information do you want. PM me for prices.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='637662' date='Aug 1 2008, 08:25 PM
What more information do you want. PM me for prices.

Bruce,

PM on it's way..

rgds

Carlo
Old 08-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I completely don't understand what you are talking about or what the cables are for
Old 08-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Contributors

The old cars had the normal bulbs, the new cars have the lights with LEDs. This cable allows you to use the new lights on the old cars - simple.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Members

Hi Bruce,

a little off-topic, but since you have re-wired the tail lights I presume you are familiar with the wiring diagrams in the tailgate.
I seem to have a bad connection on one of the joints, so my remote key sometimes does not operate after opening the tailgate.
All bulbs, the wiper, FM reception still work, only the remote does not and obviously not the key memory. I have to open and close the lid for a couple of times and move the visible part of the wiring looms with my finger before it starts working again.

I know this is a common problem (mostly with water inside the antenna receiver, but mine is dry), so I guess it is a wire almost broken that feeds the remote key receiver unit.
If there is a wire for the remote antenna/receiver, since everything else is still working, in which one of the four looms (2 on the right, 2 on the left) should I start looking for the bad connection? Does someone have a wire colour to look for?

I tried to look up some of the WDS online pages, but on my PC the location diagrams do not display, so I can't tell the exact location where the wires run through.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Straba
Old 08-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Contributors

Sorry this is not something that I know off readily.

Quick Reply: E61 LCI tail-lights to pre-LCI car plug and play cables now ready