E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

E61 alternate jack/lift point

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 07:54 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2009 535xi Wagon (E61 w/6MT)
Model Year: 2009
Default E61 alternate jack/lift point

Hello wagon fans! I have a lift whose arms are not wide enough for the factory lift points behind front wheels and in front of rear wheels (the little plastic rectangles allowing contact to chassis structure). I noticed what appears to be another structural point in line with the two factory points. The E61 with pano roofs have a rear body stiffening assembly which ties in about 6" forward of the rear factory lift point. It seems solid and should be for it's intended purpose. Has anyone used this as a lift point or know if any reason not to? The distance between the factory lift points is about 62". The distance between this point and the front factory point is about 54" which would work for my application.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2017, 05:02 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530XiT BSM/Auburn
Model Year: 2007

I've lifted the entire front end up via a single jack point dead center but maybe 3' back under the front of the wagon. It protrudes down past the underbodycover. I just slide my jack up under there and lift the entire front end up and then place jack stands at the lift spots.

-r