E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

E61 in Alpine White pics here

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 E61 520dA Alpine White

Hey there!
While awaiting for my new E61 Alpine White 520dA M-sport to arrive in week two, I'm curious to see if any of you got pictures of white E61. Any will do to help me in this situation. Alpine white looks to be very rare at least in Europe so far, and it's difficult to find it in photos. I'm very excited about this color even though it's not as easy as my present beautiful E60. There are signs white as a car color will take more space at the moment though.
I'm already wondering what kind of wheels (17", 18", 19" - black, crome, aluminium? not white?) I should go best with it and modifications. If you got any hints for wheels and mods please advise.

Thx
Old 12-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Welcome on board and congrats on the order -- what a great way to start the new year!

When recently ordering, I was considering a white or black E61 m-sport. The White E61 m-sport with black rear tinted windows and high-gloss shaddow line looks awesome. A set of 19s on there and it will be just perfect

If you are after ideas for 19s on an E61, just scan through the Touring section, as there are a number of members here with great looking M-sport E61s on 19s; M166, M167 and 172 OEM rims. Also do a search on "white m-sport" in the Touring section, you should find quite a few good pics and ideas.

As requested here are a couple of Alpine White pics on 19s for you:

E61 m-sport with M167 OEM 19" rims (M5 or M6):

E61 in Alpine White pics here-e61_white_m_sport_m167s_side.jpg

E61 M5 with M166 19" rims:
E61 in Alpine White pics here-e61_m5_white_m166s_side.jpg
Old 12-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW E60 525dA - Comf. seat, Hi-Fi Logic7, Navi prof, carphone prof, seat ventilation, Dynamic Drive, Active steering ++ Retrofits:- 9x20 & 10x20 BMW Style 101 w/ 255/30 ZR20 and 305/25 ZR20- 35/35 H&R sport springs - M-sport package- M5 trunk li

Congrats with your new car..

The Alpinewhite touring with 19" M6 looks amazing..
Old 12-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='510803' date='Dec 27 2007, 12:04 AM
Welcome on board and congrats on the order -- what a great way to start the new year!

When recently ordering, I was considering a white or black E61 m-sport. The White E61 m-sport with black rear tinted windows and high-gloss shaddow line looks awesome. A set of 19s on there and it will be just perfect

If you are after ideas for 19s on an E61, just scan through the Touring section, as there are a number of members here with great looking M-sport E61s on 19s; M166, M167 and 172 OEM rims. Also do a search on "white m-sport" in the Touring section, you should find quite a few good pics and ideas.

As requested here are a couple of Alpine White pics on 19s for you:

E61 m-sport with M167 OEM 19" rims (M5 or M6):

Attachment 42284

E61 M5 with M166 19" rims:
Attachment 42285

Thanks for the pictures xBMWx!
I had something like the first pic in my mind: 18" or 19" M6 for summer. Delivery comes with 244 17" radial spokes, which will be in winter use.
I did ordered mine with tinted rear windows but didn't realize to order satin black (is this what you mean by shadow line?). Interior comes with very basic Alba beige and high gloss black trim. I'm not so sure how it will look like as a packet.
Will see.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by Tommi' post='510822' date='Dec 26 2007, 05:42 PM
I had something like the first pic in my mind: 18" or 19" M6 for summer. Delivery comes with 244 17" radial spokes, which will be in winter use.
I did ordered mine with tinted rear windows but didn't realize to order satin black (is this what you mean by shadow line?). Interior comes with very basic Alba beige and high gloss black trim. I'm not so sure how it will look like as a packet.
Will see.
I love the trailer !! AW looks great on the touring...... hell it looks great on the sedan Too !
Old 12-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by Tommi' post='510763' date='Dec 26 2007, 09:04 PM
Hey there!
While awaiting for my new E61 Alpine White 520dA M-sport to arrive in week two, I'm curious to see if any of you got pictures of white E61. Any will do to help me in this situation. Alpine white looks to be very rare at least in Europe so far, and it's difficult to find it in photos. I'm very excited about this color even though it's not as easy as my present beautiful E60. There are signs white as a car color will take more space at the moment though.
I'm already wondering what kind of wheels (17", 18", 19" - black, crome, aluminium? not white?) I should go best with it and modifications. If you got any hints for wheels and mods please advise.

Thx
Tervetuloa!
I hope you'll enjoy this forum as much as we do, so and enjoy!

Alpine White in Finland must mean we are talking about the first invisible BMW! A least during the colder part of the year

I wouldn't go for white wheels, you'll need something to contrast to the white(ness). The M6 wheels look awesome, and I can garantuee that 19" doesn't compromise the ride quality (although the road noise is higher).
Old 12-27-2007, 04:41 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Tommi' post='510822' date='Dec 26 2007, 11:42 PM
Will see.
So what do you get with the M-Sport pack in Finland? I am a little confused about the 17" rims and not having the Shaddow Line (black instead of chrome around the windows) as part of the M-Sport pack

In Germany and many other countries in Europe you get the following with the M-Sport pack:
(Note, there are other options associated with the pack, this is the "standard" options list with the pack)

M-Sport package
- M-Sport exterior package (front/side/rear spoilers)
- Sport seats
- Flash-night Nappa Leather / Cloth combination
- M-sport steering wheel
- M-sport suspension
- M135 18" rims
- Aluminium trim
- Antracite headliner
- High-gloss shaddow line
Old 12-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Welcome! Congratulations on the new ride.
Definitely get the M6 wheels for the touring.

At least that's what I'm doing once I get rid
of my wife's A4 Avant Quattro.

Happy holidays!
Old 12-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and congrats. enjoy the forums.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='510966' date='Dec 27 2007, 03:41 PM
So what do you get with the M-Sport pack in Finland? I am a little confused about the 17" rims and not having the Shaddow Line (black instead of chrome around the windows) as part of the M-Sport pack

In Germany and many other countries in Europe you get the following with the M-Sport pack:
(Note, there are other options associated with the pack, this is the "standard" options list with the pack)

M-Sport package
- M-Sport exterior package (front/side/rear spoilers)
- Sport seats
- Flash-night Nappa Leather / Cloth combination
- M-sport steering wheel
- M-sport suspension
- M135 18" rims
- Aluminium trim
- Antracite headliner
- High-gloss shaddow line
Thank you all for congrats and wishes! I have and will enjoy the forum.

First, Narvselius, I understand your concern about invisible bmw, and I actually have witnessed that with my previous Alpine White. But at the moment we still don't have snow at all in southern Finland (which is not very typical), and I'm beginning to believe in green house phenomena.

xBMWx, sorry I might have I misled you . I didn't order M-sportpack, just M-aerodynamic body-pack (as they call it in Finland) and sport wheel and some others not included in M-sportpack. I got Business pack, which might be in Finland only or not. Business pack in finland includes as extra: 17" 244 wheels with runflats, double xenons, cruise, extended AC, PDC front & back, business cd/radio. Beside of this I chose bluetooth phone, automatic boot lid, lighting pack, cup holders, roof rails, tinted windows, sport wheel .... I think that was it. Now, when I have read and looked at your beautiful vehicles I'm a bit sorry not to made different decisions. Anyhow, I'm eager and positive knowing it could be much worse
I will post some pics when the delivery done.
Do you know if this Shadow line can be easily retro fitted?

Quick Reply: E61 in Alpine White pics here