E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

e61 530d M-Sport TiAu Recived.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 04:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coming from a 320i 01 this new car is a totaly new experience, so much bigger, and confortable. The engine also feels alot more powerfull, even tho i've not really tested the performance much so far, obviusly!

Sience everyone already mentioned all the positive sides with e60, id like to point out the weakness i've noticied so far:

1.It get so damn dirty in the back, so damned fast!
2.Missing a air controlled wheel i had in my 320 wich let me easly get a bit of fresh air, if i felt hot, withouth changing the temp.

Besides this the cars feels super!

Thanks for all great information i've found around this forum!

/Kvark
Attached Thumbnails e61 530d M-Sport TiAu Recived.-back.jpg   e61 530d M-Sport TiAu Recived.-front.jpg   e61 530d M-Sport TiAu Recived.-side.jpg  
Old 12-03-2005, 07:46 AM
Members

My Ride: UK 2005 530d E61

Very nice - enjoy!

Originally Posted by Kvark' post='206537' date='Dec 3 2005, 01:20 PM
2.Missing a air controlled wheel i had in my 320 wich let me easly get a bit of fresh air, if i felt hot, withouth
/Kvark
If you go to the climate settings in iDrive, you'll find you can adjust the temperature of the air coming from the centre front vent ... just a high-tech equivalent of the old wheel in the centre vent of the E46. So you can still have a bit of cool air without affecting the entire car temperature.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Congrats to a wonderful car!!! Post some more pics later
Old 12-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Members

My Ride: Booked: E70n X5 40d M. Carbonblack, oyster, comfortseats, Nav Pro, Active Drive, Panoramic, Hifi PRO DSP, HUD, Alutrim, Satin ext, gloss rails, towconnector, elctric lid, alarm and more. FS: E61 535D -06, Activesteering, Comfort seats, Hifi, M-steeringwheel, PDC, Rails, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Towconnector, Alu trims, Panoramic roof, ISO FIX, SonyEricsson BT-HF, 124 wheels, Alarm, Electric lid, Aburn interior, Xenons, Silvergrey and the crappy cupholders!!!

Congrats! Great ride!!

I have borrowed a 535D over the weekend and it's black with sportspack. I'm considering a blue with chesnut leather to replace my 525i in silver with black. But after have seen your with dark windows and this black one, I have started to feel that the E61 looks best in silver. Hmm... This will be difficult to decide...

Oh, by the way. Is it a devlivery from ?rebro?
Old 12-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Members

Thanks!

If you go to the climate settings in iDrive, you'll find you can adjust the temperature of the air coming from the centre front vent ... just a high-tech equivalent of the old wheel in the centre vent of the E46. So you can still have a bit of cool air without affecting the entire car temperature.
True, but that's quite a few clicks away, then it's easier to change temp/increase airflow, the old function was just soo smooth!

Congrats to a wonderful car!!! Post some more pics later grin.gif
I'd love to but 1.32 second after i rolled the car out of the dealer it was half black! Need some real winter weather or ill have 2 w8 for spring to make new shots!

Congrats! Great ride!!

I have borrowed a 535D over the weekend and it's black with sportspack. I'm considering a blue with chesnut leather to replace my 525i in silver with black. But after have seen your with dark windows and this black one, I have started to feel that the E61 looks best in silver. Hmm... This will be difficult to decide...

Oh, by the way. Is it a devlivery from ?rebro?
Yepp delivered in ?rebro, you from the area? My favorite color is black, but last one was black and a pain to keep clean, so this time around i wanted to try something lighter! The tinted windows are factory tinted, i didt know how that would turn out, but i gotta say i'm positivly suprised, it's well balanced color wise for me, not to dark, but yet enought to satisfy me.

Oh one more thing, regarding the aluminum cubes in m-sport package, i really hated it to start with, but since im still young (28) i didt really consider any wooden options, i had no choice, but its slowly growing on me!

/K
Old 12-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Members

My Ride: Booked: E70n X5 40d M. Carbonblack, oyster, comfortseats, Nav Pro, Active Drive, Panoramic, Hifi PRO DSP, HUD, Alutrim, Satin ext, gloss rails, towconnector, elctric lid, alarm and more. FS: E61 535D -06, Activesteering, Comfort seats, Hifi, M-steeringwheel, PDC, Rails, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Towconnector, Alu trims, Panoramic roof, ISO FIX, SonyEricsson BT-HF, 124 wheels, Alarm, Electric lid, Aburn interior, Xenons, Silvergrey and the crappy cupholders!!!

I visisted the shop in ?rebro some weeks ago so I thought it was a little familiar over your images. I live in Stockholm so it's not that close, but not as far either.

I have also been thinking much over the interiors. The borrowed one have beige leather and with that combo all is beige. So it feels a little to much of it. I have had 4 cars in a row now with black interior so I think it will be a change this time. I'm considering the brushed alu trims instead of wood. I wished for Birch but light poplar was the closest and it's not 100% my style.

One option I have fallen for is the panoramic roof! This one has it and it makes the interior really diffrent. It also have Logic7 system, but that I didi't feel so much better than the Hifi upgrade. It have a little better punch in the low range, but it was difficult to get the voices clear. I think I will put the extra for Logic7 on other more practical options instead.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Members

Yeah, i've also had black leather in last cars, but with a silver car i think it's the only option!
Regarding trims, i dont think you able to get brused alu, only upgrade is wood, from alum cube that's standard in msport, but i could be wrong.

Regarding Sound systen i went without any uppgrade, if i find this not enought, im not sure yet, ill do a custom
uppgrade at some local car sound system dealer.

I work in stockholm, so i travel ?rebro-> stockholm (norra v?gen) a few times a week, and i gotta love this car, did my first trip just now and i was driving at speedlimit +30, car display said avg fuel usage of 7.1. And the car only have 300 miles(300 km) on it.

I've yet to try a 535D but i gotta say the push in this car is enought for me, atleast for now, and if i feel i need more ill chip it, also i wanted stick, and i dont think 535d is possible to get with stick?
Also while not really considering the 535d it looks like it's fuel usage is significatly more, both from stick, but also from a heavier car/more power.

If you have any questions, ill be happy to answere em, if i can that is!

Lycka till!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

Congrats and welcome.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:34 AM
Members

Kvark, it sounds like you have allready made the break-in period!

I had a look at the fule useage on the 535d and it was not that bad. It was almost brand new with only 700km on the meeter when I took it so it was a little "raw" in the feeling. I went to S?dert?lje and during that trip I a consumtion of 0,83.

You are correct that the 535D can't be ordered with other than auto. It's also correct that the 535 have a little higher consumption than the 530D, but not so much if you put automatic on the 530D. Mixed 0,82 for the 535D and 0,77 for the 530 and the other figures say 0,05 more/ 10km for the 535.

After testing em both I feel that the 535D is more "deep" in the tourqe and feels almost like a gas-V8. The 530 is more "turbo" over and it was not as smooth in the bottom. Not that big difference and the new 530D engine is much better than the onld one.

I have also thought about the 530 with stick, but I was to amazed with the smooth automatic so I have decied to get auto this time. I was offered a chip for the 530D as a upgrade, but I calculated that the price for the 535D and the extra fuel it want was cheaper and easier than getting a aftermarket chip and risk insurence and so on. The final difference for me after putting all the extras on a 530D was only 20 000sek and the large 535 breaks not possible to get on the 530.

Again, congrats to a great car!!
Old 12-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

The 535d and the 530d are two wonderful cars. Bra k?p!

Quick Reply: e61 530d M-Sport TiAu Recived.