E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

comfort seats in LCI model

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 05:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 525D TOURING LCI M-sport, Spacegrau with black dakota leather, head-up, adaptive cc, night vision, and many more options.

Hey guys,

Like some more guys here I am not a big fan of the sport seats in my E61 LCI M-sport 525d. My solution would be changing them for comfort seats. When using the search engine I do find quite some information on the swith of regular seats to comfort seats, but none of them really answer my question (I don't have a 520i, so that topic is n/a to me).

Now my reasons for a potential swap of seats are the following:

* more comfort for my behind (I am quite big)
* all electrical seats (also sliding forward / backward etc)
* better headrest
* memory on seat

Now, my M-sport seats dont have all of that. My questions to you all are:

* Do pre LCI seats fit in LCI cars (with all electrics working)? I do have heated seats now...
* Does the option of having your seat automatically adjusted according to your key preference work?
* If I buy comfort seats with massage / cooling, will this work in my car?
* Is it plug and play (easy to install)?

I can't find answers to these questions on the forum, but perhaps some of you might help me out?

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 07 E61 530d M-Sport.

Its not as easy as just fitting the new seats. The car will likely require new "HIGH" door modules as these store the seat data and I would expect be required for the electrics to work. On top of that the car will then need to be programmed as well.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:20 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525D TOURING LCI M-sport, Spacegrau with black dakota leather, head-up, adaptive cc, night vision, and many more options.

Originally Posted by Dandle' post='877547' date='May 14 2009, 12:05 AM
Its not as easy as just fitting the new seats. The car will likely require new "HIGH" door modules as these store the seat data and I would expect be required for the electrics to work. On top of that the car will then need to be programmed as well.
Does this mean that the wiring in my car is not suitable for comfort seats? I thought it was much more a plug and play system (with off course then reprogramming of the car's computer, I-drive etc). Actually for me the most important thing is that then memory of the seats are working. Since I switch cars with my wife very often, it would be nice just to push a button....

Any comments here are appreciated!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by jvommen' post='882913' date='May 19 2009, 12:20 PM
it would be nice just to push a button....
it's even better - you can set in iDrive so that your position is ready when you a) open the car via the keyfob or open the door.

But I wouldn't count on that the wiring is the same...