E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Coilover Roll Call - KW - FK - JRZ - ISC - Lets hear your Review!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 08:41 AM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome news.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:45 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 525ix (N52 Engine)

Any estimated price range? Im 90% confident that ill be buying H&R lowering springs at the end of May since I talked to one of the members here and basically he is sorta on the same playing field as me in terms of ride quality. It does not look too bad. If i did that i would do a an in depth review etc possibly. Maybe even a video.

If the price is right might ditch the idea for springs and actually get coilovers, if not, i might just end up getting springs for the time being until I go into bigger mods for my E60 Xi. (Thinking supercharger maybe getting better internals etc.) I got the N52 engine, 218 hp one, the only thing I am worried is the block. Not sure how much that block could handle. Would like to get to 300 hp one day lol.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:41 AM
New Members

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My Ride: 535xi Wagon
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by Kasmo
Any estimated price range? Im 90% confident that ill be buying H&R lowering springs at the end of May since I talked to one of the members here and basically he is sorta on the same playing field as me in terms of ride quality. It does not look too bad. If i did that i would do a an in depth review etc possibly. Maybe even a video.

If the price is right might ditch the idea for springs and actually get coilovers, if not, i might just end up getting springs for the time being until I go into bigger mods for my E60 Xi. (Thinking supercharger maybe getting better internals etc.) I got the N52 engine, 218 hp one, the only thing I am worried is the block. Not sure how much that block could handle. Would like to get to 300 hp one day lol.
They avg price for their coilovers are normally around the $1200 range might be a bit more if you ad swift springs, but i would suspect that they are going to have a deal for some new customers who want to jump on the first batch.

Granted springs for the e6x are only a few $$$ with the coilovers its new shocks also.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:50 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: E39 M5
Model Year: 2003

How would one get in touch with ICS or FK to ask questions about their set up? Finding contact info on "Google" seems difficult.

I have contacted both BC Racing and Fortune Auto about a kit for the E61. I am using the BR line of BC Racing on my M5 and have used their set up on my old E39 touring, very satisfied. I know the owner of the E39 LS wagon with the Fortune Auto set up, he is very pleased with their kit as well. I am just waiting to hear back from both companies.

I am currently using CKS coil overs on my E61 which were purchased by the previous owner. The kit has been installed for about 18 months and the shocks are completely corroded and are no longer adjustable. Attempting to change the ride height resulted in chipped and ruined adjusting nuts on the body of the shock. The adjustable sway bar links sent with the kit are totally rusted and worthless. The previous owner contacted CKS, whom were great to work with, but they just sent him a 2nd set of shocks, that are identical to the originals, so we know they will just corrode and lock up as well. I am looking for alternatives so I can remove the CKS kit from the car.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:58 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2009 E61 535i xdrive

I'm pretty much settled on KW V3s at this point for a number of reasons. I have two questions for you guys:

1) Has anybody installed a camber kit? I was thinking about getting one to facilitate alignment when going lower (not slammed, thinking about coming down an inch or so). Are there any cons to doing this?

2) My car (a 6 speed!) has about 100K and I know it needs new control arms. Does anyone that's been through the process have any recommendations about all the other suspension "stuff" I should think about replacing when installing the V3's? I want to "refresh" the suspension as it feels a little too loose at the moment. Specifically, does anyone have any strong thoughts about bushings? I originally wanted to go powerflex (softer ones) but the reviews I've read seem to emphasize a harsh ride. I'm looking for a ride that in comfort terms in close to stock, while gaining much more agility, poise/control.

Thanks very much for your thoughts.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:17 AM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Island Road
Quick update: The car went into ISC at the start of the week. The fronts are going to be pretty much plug and play with the other 5 series with the exception of a mounting tab they will need to affix. As for the rears, they will be deleting the air-bags in place of springs / shock coil-over.

Coding will need to be done in order to take care of any warming lights that come on, more than likely just code them out. Parts are being made / on order. It will be 2-3 weeks until the parts are finalized and then back to ISC for fitting.

Any updates?
Old 06-09-2015, 07:54 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525ix (N52 Engine)

Some update or something would be nice. Still holding myself from buying those H&R springs lol...
Old 06-11-2015, 07:06 AM
New Members

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My Ride: 535xi Wagon
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by biz77
Any updates?
Originally Posted by Kasmo
Some update or something would be nice. Still holding myself from buying those H&R springs lol...
Head back from Andrew yesterday. Currently he is waiting on parts.

Daniel,
I am waiting for an update now for the rear top plates. Should have some data or parts soon!
Thanks,
Andrew
Old 06-12-2015, 11:33 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2009 E61 535i xdrive

FWIW, I understand that CKS also offers a coilover for the E61, available with swift springs. Reviews appear to be very favorable on other forums.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:56 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: E39 M5
Model Year: 2003

Originally Posted by grilledcheese
FWIW, I understand that CKS also offers a coilover for the E61, available with swift springs. Reviews appear to be very favorable on other forums.

Check my review......

Quick Reply: Coilover Roll Call - KW - FK - JRZ - ISC - Lets hear your Review!