E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Coders in WI? My project wagon

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 05:16 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 530xi with N54 and 6MT swap
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N54
Default Coders in WI? My project wagon

Hello, I'm on a mission to save a e61 wagon from the scrap yard and need an experienced coder to help smooth some issues out. I picked up an 06 530xi wagon with a salvaged title on the cheap
and figured I could handle most if not all the issues with it. Turns out someone hacked up most of the wiring in the rear I'm guessing it got wet in the spare tire area, and chopped out the wiring. but I noticed the thicker gauge wires were stripped like they were trying to apply power to them in order to power up the car. I enjoy a challenge so I grabbed some wiring diagrams and got busy. I also noticed the crank bolt was in the front seat. more on that in a bit.
After wiring everything back to stock including the modules, and re-timing the engine It started up. It had the usual 4x4 transfer case gear issue and a crank/ cam sensor issue but not bad, all things considered. After performing some much needed maintenance, fuel pump/filter, radiator, water pump and thermostat..ect, I was ready to take it for a ride and check the transmission. It seemed ok so I was ready to take it for inspection for a rebuilt title. The next morning I went to fire it up and it started running like if the timing was way off, the tach bouncing around, just shitty, then i caught a smell in the car, a electrical smell. After searching a bit I found a semi melted mess of wires under the passengers side front door, apparently when they were trying to power up the car using every thick power wire they could find, they must have put power to the rear window defrost wire and did a little melting. Not enough to melt everything to where things wouldn't work but.. anyways long story short, I ended up stripping the interior and swapping out the whole chassis harness. This is where things get a bit interesting.
I was told the harness came out of a "similar" year e61, but it ended up being an 08 harness instead of an 06. so after swapping in all 75 lbs of wiring to the car, I found out that many parts were not interchanging like the steering column and wheel, the addition of push button start, transmission, head and tail lights, you get the picture. After all the messing around, I ended up swapping the trans to manual, grabbed a matching dme, cas and key from the local boneyard all for an n52, added the correct main engine harness, ran and connected the clutch switch and powered up the car. I can do basic coding and have most of the programs, but this may be a bit much due to my inexperience with the tools. Sorry about the long winded story nut it has been one hell of a ride with this car and I would like to get it finished. Any coders willing to help? I will pay of course.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:05 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: lexus LS

so does the Blurrr app go online?
192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited by xazims; 05-19-2020 at 01:35 PM.