E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

chauffage auxilliaire

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm fluid in 5 languages are pretty good at a few others. Not Chinese though, that's a bit too hard-core.

You will notice that the replies above ? except the ones meant to be funny ? are all in english, even by people who's native tongue is not english. It's what respectful people do.

When in Rome, do as the Romans.

This is no different from those fat Texans that go on a trip to Europe and respond by shouting english at the dumb Italian waiter that doesn't understand English rather than making an effort to try and order in Italian.

Or the fat Russians that abuse poor Japanese waiters for not speaking Russian.

As for the Hong-Kong forum. That would only be comparable if Benoit posted in the French forum.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Only, he did not yell, or say anything offensive....

Read through this one... https://5series.net/forums/topic/946...&#entry1119836

Either way, I don't really care at all what you think. I was just trying to help you see things a little more clear. Or at least in a different light.

Enjoy the forums.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 525DTM

vzhledem k tomu, ?e ?ást e60 se vyrábí v ?R, m?lo by se zde mluvit i ?esky :-)
Old 03-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I don't mind lol. Czech is alright with me.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

che cazzo state dicendo

I think it's ok to write in a foreign language as long as he can't speak english.

As a few people said, the internet starts with www - world wide web...
Old 03-15-2010, 03:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport Touring : Carbon Black : Half Leather : Pro DVD Sav Nav : TV : Active Cruise : Front/Rear Parking : Bluetooth Phone : 6 CD : Dark Poplar Wood : Folding Mirrors : 5 year Servicing Pack

On a forum like this, I'm guessing the only common language is English, but that doesn't mean that everyone should post in English. I have schoolboy French at best, so I just wouldn't be able to answer the question.

I don't think it's disrespectful to post in French, but, as said above, the OP will just have to accept that they will get fewer responses.

I actually appreciate the fact that most members post in ENglish for us dumb Brits that never felt the need to learn another language.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E61, Nov-2005. M-steering wheel +sport seats. Panoramic roof, Lighting package, Xenon, Adaptive headlights, Prof. navigation, CD changer, Voice control, Bluetooth, Heated seats, 128 alloys -18 inch, B&W Tuning (hounslow)

I have no issues either with someone posting a topic/question in their own language, but only if they can't write English. Reason I say this is that a forum enables all users to search on discussed topics which might be interesting for them or it enables them to add their experiences to existing topics. Problem is that if something is written in a non-English the content of that topic will become completely useless for members who don't understand French, German, Dutch, Russian, Italian, Swahili or even Esperanto (yes yes)

As such I consider it more social to write in English if you can. Even if it means a bit more effort for users who don't use English as their native language (like me)
Old 03-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by Kuul4
No, hyvähän olisi kommunikoida niin, että suurin osa suunilleen ymmärtäisi.. Am I right?
Kunde inte sagt det bättre själv!
Old 03-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Members

My Ride: '07 E61, blue exterior, grey interior, sport, premium, nav, other stuff

I can read 3 languages, I can speak 3 languages, I can write well in one language, acceptably in another language, and not at all in the third...and will be learning a fourth language soon. I find that sometimes when a person asks a question in their second or third language, they massacre it so much that the poster does not get the message or question across. So, as noted above, you may get fewer answers, but they may be more accurate, (not correct just accurate... ) if you post in your first language. In this day and age when people are ready to destroy each other for looking different or being from a different tribe or religion, the last place that you want any acrimony or strife, is on a forum which is designed for sharing information...if you want to argue or diss people for not using "the Queen's English" then go to the argument forms...or the I don't like you because you don't speak my language so you are not as worthy as me to post anything here forums...see Monty Python for further examples of sillyness...

BTW, by this summer, I will be trying to learn Hungarian...are there any members that speak and write magyar...

cheers

george
Old 03-17-2010, 01:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by macjager
or the I don't like you because you don't speak my language so you are not as worthy as me to post anything here forums...
Does not apply since English is not my native/first language and I can read/write French just fine. The specific language doesn't matter. It would be no different if one posted in English on a French forum or tried to order a drink in English in a bar in Nice.

In this day and age when people are ready to destroy each other for looking different or being from a different tribe or religion
Barring economic motives, most tribes and religions will accommodate any individual that makes an effort.

I find that sometimes when a person asks a question in their second or third language, they massacre it so much that the poster does not get the message or question across
That's ok, they have to start somewhere and some languages are quite difficult. I'm sure Hungarians will appreciate your efforts to speak Magyar, even if you rape the language at first.