E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Central lock and floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

I refuse to believe such a fine car would have these quirks or issues. Just wondering if it's me or if you feel the same.

1. Floor mats. Most car these days have some kind of hooks for their floor mats. I have the OEM all weather mats already and think they should be heavy enough not to slip around....but they do. Even economy cars have those hooks to hook the floor mat so it won't slip. Even the OEM mats have the hole for it. Where the heck is it in the car?

2. Central locking system. I've read through the manual and I didn't find any mentioning of it. When you are driving the doors lock automatically, simple enough. But when you shut down the car and pull the key out, it does not unlock the doors. I think most cars do these days. Is it a BMW thing of am I expecting too much? I kept finding myself shutting off the car to the back to pick up the baby seat, finding myself locked out so I have to climb back in to hit the central lock button all the way in the middle of the car to unlock the doors. It's getting annoying.

If you know of any tricks. Feel free to chime in.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530XIT. Blue with tan interior, comfort seats, blu-tooth, no GPS/MP3/Disc changer. Fully loaded otherwise.

Originally Posted by sheaa
Hey guys,

I refuse to believe such a fine car would have these quirks or issues. Just wondering if it's me or if you feel the same.

1. Floor mats. Most car these days have some kind of hooks for their floor mats. I have the OEM all weather mats already and think they should be heavy enough not to slip around....but they do. Even economy cars have those hooks to hook the floor mat so it won't slip. Even the OEM mats have the hole for it. Where the heck is it in the car?

2. Central locking system. I've read through the manual and I didn't find any mentioning of it. When you are driving the doors lock automatically, simple enough. But when you shut down the car and pull the key out, it does not unlock the doors. I think most cars do these days. Is it a BMW thing of am I expecting too much? I kept finding myself shutting off the car to the back to pick up the baby seat, finding myself locked out so I have to climb back in to hit the central lock button all the way in the middle of the car to unlock the doors. It's getting annoying.

If you know of any tricks. Feel free to chime in.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530XIT. Blue with tan interior, comfort seats, blu-tooth, no GPS/MP3/Disc changer. Fully loaded otherwise.

I bought the black rubber mats with my car as I prefer that over the carpet. BMW put round Velcro stop on the carpet which connected to the underside of the mats. Works great and no snow or water gets to the carpet because of the rubber mats.

Not sure about the locks. There may be a setting in the system to change that.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

its a safety feature so you open the door not someone else from the outside, u pull the handle twice and its unlocked... thats more advanced then any car out there.

no surpize ur mugged lol u'll have to open your door to be robbed first
Old 03-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

I got all the OEM all weather mats and the front ones at least have 2 anchors for them , it's like a big Hook that goes threw a reinforced whole on the rubber mat.

The Hook it self screws in tot he floor/carpeting. The rear floor mats fit very snugly in the foor depression and there is no way for them to move.

The Cargo area all weather cover fits snugly , but has areas to cut out to fit the pop up tie down loops threw it. They are Pre scored , but not cut.

The issue with the door locks is for two reasons, one Car jacking prevention and Safety,it helps keeps you from spilling out if the safety cell is compromised in a side impact crash.

Also if you are having issues where all your doors don't unlock when you push your unlock button on the dash...
look in the iDrive setting under i (straight down/in)> vehicle settings>"locking". you will still have to pul the handel 2x , but the doors will all unlock with one button push instead of 2
Old 03-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Members

hmm..mine doesn't have the hook. I wonder if there's a part for it.

The doors do unlock when I press the unlock button, I'm just getting used to the unlock button not on the door...

Oh well. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Senior Members

hmm..mine doesn't have the hook. I wonder if there's a part for it.

The doors do unlock when I press the unlock button, I'm just getting used to the unlock button not on the door...

Oh well. Thanks for the feedback.
I think you should be able to set that in iDrive - whether or not the car ulocks when you turn off the engine.

At least thats how it is on mine and I specifically requested it not to unlock, for the above safety reasons
Old 03-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Members

iDrive only allow me to control the behavior of the lock/unlock button, i.e. unlock all doors or driver door. It doesn't have a setting to control what happens when you take the key out.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

It doesn't have a setting to control what happens when you take the key out.
That should be automatic, shouldn't it? I was dead sure it was when I started to write this post, now I need to check this feature when I'm leaving work tonight!