E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Bought a cargo car mat - Pooch Style

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

We've got a German Shepherd puppy that we'll be taking in the trunk loose (no crate), so one of the things I was considering, to keep it clean back there, was a cover / liner of some sort. The BMW one was really expensive ($275), and being black, I thought would show the hairs of the dog too easily, seeing quite a few are tan colour, plus I figured a fabric one would be nicer for the dog than a rubber/vinyl one.

I came across this place called Pooch Style that quite a few people on forums had talked highly of, and the price seemed very good, at only $160, and you can customize the colour. So we went with a tan one, with black piping on it (can you tell I like the black and tan colour combo? ), and it arrived like 10 days later. It is outdoor fabric, so dirt and water resistant (beaded off when I tried), and has some padding in it, so nice for the dog that way too.

We went with the half cargo version, which is like a 3 sided box, and will contain the hairs and dirt well. The full cargo version has a seam in the middle so when you fold down the rear seats, the cover can fold down with them too. But we have kids car seats, so I'll almost never be folding them down, and wouldn't want the dog to roam outside the trunk area anyway.

Here's a link to their site: http://www.poochstyle.com/store/pc/v...dproduct=19556

As to why the headrests are as high as they are, we don't use them normally since they interfere with the carseats, and as high as they are, they block the view quite a bit. But there are velcro straps that go around their posts for the cover, so I put them back on. The cover would still stay up without using the posts, since it's like a 3 sided box, but the fabric would sag a bit. It's also held up on the sides by two suction cups on each window, which have attached to them an 8 inch string sewn to the cover.

I'll try to come up with replacement posts of some kind so I can still loop the velcro, and not have to use the headrests themselves.

So far, quite pleased with the product, and I got great support from the owner Juliana with any questions I had.

And some pictures of it in the car:
Bought a cargo car mat - Pooch Style-1.jpg
Bought a cargo car mat - Pooch Style-2.jpg
Bought a cargo car mat - Pooch Style-3.jpg
Old 09-12-2011, 03:15 AM
Members

That looks great. I need to start looking at options for the back of mine, we have a Border Collie and a Portuguese Podengo. The former will just lie there but gets filthy, the second doesn't get very dirty but runs around the boot all the time and will try and get past the cargo net at the sides. Hopefully we can find something like this and a decent dog guard to match.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

COOL! Doggie like?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Senior Members

Yep, loves it compared to the wire crate she was in before! And of course approves of the colour combo!
Old 05-21-2014, 01:03 PM
New Members

My Ride: E61 535xiT Deep Sea Blue

Lotus how is this working out after a couple years of owning it? And what do they mean by 'side panels' vs 'half side panels' ?
Old 05-21-2014, 08:36 PM
Senior Members

It's been awesome! Held up great so far, and the seller was really nice to work with. Was very responsive, so any questions you have, shoot her an email. Washed it a couple of times too already. The inside foam liner comes out.

I don't recall what the side panel stuff is. I remember that the part that goes up the backside of the back seats, you could buy it longer, so if you often folded the seats down, you'd have coverage all the way up to the back of the front seats. Maybe that's what she means. And you can get a split in the middle, in case you want to fold the back seats 60/40. I got ours as one piece, because we have child seats, so rarely put down the back seats flat.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:33 AM
New Members

I bought the same cover as Lotus, and it has been flawless as well. 10/10!!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:04 AM
New Members

Lotus what colour did you get , is that the pale ale? Only issue I'm a little concerned about is I'm getting the full mat that extends to the front seats, because it covers up the rear headrests (last E39 wagon took a beating on them) but it seems like the mat totally covers up the rear air vent - I've got a 150lb dog that is always hot in the car....
Old 05-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Senior Members

Mine was Pale Ale, given my dog's fur colour, with black piping. I got a half cargo. Not sure where we've got rear air vents, but if they're the ones right below the side windows (I've never felt how much air comes out of them), they're not covered with my mat as you can see from my pics above.

She's pretty good to work with as I've said. She once wrote me:

As for the picture you saw with the attachments to the ceiling handles, I know what you are referring to and it was a mat that we made specifically for a client who only wanted to use his cargo mat with the back seats down. He wanted to let his dogs have run of the full cargo area at all times was not interested in ever putting up the back seats, so we designed full side panels for him and the front half of these side panels were held up with straps that attached to the handles in the ceiling.

From our experience, the vast majority of people want to put the back seats up at least some of the time, so we have two options for the BMW range, the half cargo and the full cargo mat. The half cargo mat is designed to work ONLY with the rear seats in the upright position. The mat is basically a three sided box and only covers the area behind the back seats. The full cargo mat is designed to work with the back seats in various positions – both seats down, either one of the seats up or both seats upright. With both the half cargo and the full cargo, the side panels are held up with suction cups that adhere to the cargo area windows and the panels that cover the backs of the back seats are secured with Velcro that goes around the back seat headrests.

Last edited by Lotus99; 05-23-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:20 PM
New Members

thanks for the info guys. just ordered it, pale ale with black piping.
Can anyone tell me where to get this black sill protector that this car has?
bmw describes a 'load edge protector' but I can only find for minis
Attached Thumbnails Bought a cargo car mat - Pooch Style-untitled.jpg  

Quick Reply: Bought a cargo car mat - Pooch Style