E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Bodykit for an '08 E61 (LCI)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535xiT - Sapphire Black / Beige

Just to close the loop. Umnitza called the other day, and seems the M-Tech repilca rear WILL NOT FIT a wagon. The rear bumper is different, and no one makes a replica for the wagon, since the market is so small [at least in the US]. So that would mean replica front and skirts and OEM rear [~$1400 for the rear alone - OUCH]. So I've put the whole venture on hold at the moment, since my car is now in the shop for the 4th time in 35 days for the same Engine Malfunction issue. 39 days of ownership, 19 in the shop and counting [new HPFP, LPFP, injectors x6 and spark plugs x6].
Old 03-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Over in Europe, http://www.salesafter.de are very recommended. I have bought several things from them myself, and since the Euro has taken a dive thanks to the problems in Grece, maybe it could make sense to ship it from Germany to US...?

Edit: Just checked the site, and they don't have the M-package for LCI cars. Arggh... The pre-LCI is available at 833 Euros.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Members

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I purchased an m Tech kit last night from brav auto. They told me the kit was complete and included all hardware. Is this not the case? Will I need new bump stops and PDC sensors?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 06' 530xi E61 Saphire Black / Dakota Black - aluminum 11' A4 Avant 2.0T Brilliant Black / Black - aluminum

Originally Posted by narvselius
Over in Europe, http://www.salesafter.de are very recommended. I have bought several things from them myself, and since the Euro has taken a dive thanks to the problems in Grece, maybe it could make sense to ship it from Germany to US...?

Edit: Just checked the site, and they don't have the M-package for LCI cars. Arggh... The pre-LCI is available at 833 Euros.
Thanks for the info as I'm looking into the kit with this company!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535xiT6
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by 355dreamer
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I purchased an m Tech kit last night from brav auto. They told me the kit was complete and included all hardware. Is this not the case? Will I need new bump stops and PDC sensors?

How do you expect anyone to help you if you can't even list what car you have.....? As you can read above, which model year "MY" makes a big difference.

I can confirm the above info about needing more parts than just the kit you might see listed on bmw accessories. The "extra" parts are about as much $ as the primary parts and that total is roughly $3000 as listed in the above breakdown.

If you are not spending that you are either not getting oem bmw or you are getting a deal everyone will be very interested in hearing about. More likely it is the former and you are about to find out the project will be on hold until the remaining "extra" parts required are obtained.

It would certainly suck to be the person who takes the car to a body shop, one who has not done this project before, so they don't find out it can't be completed until they have pulled your car apart and now you have to wait for more parts to ship, and an unexpected extra $1800
Old 01-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TLO03
I been getting conflicting reports, got a price for 3k+, a shade over 2k, and one at $1200. each seller say everything i need is included,these are all oem what to do .. what can i ask these guys to make sure i'm getting all the parts..?
Maybe you could add something to this thread. Your photo appears to show the M-tech kit installed ...
Old 01-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gummysDad
Thanks 415. That is the way I was leaning, cause I could 3 sets of replicas for the price of the OEM.
oem would certainly make a difference in resale, but maybe not as much as the difference in cost between the two sources. However, if a person "likes" oem, then it may just make sense in the long run to keep it oem for resale value.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 535xiT - Sapphire Black / Beige

Many of the after market kits look identical to OEM, and are even made of the same material, so as long as fit is good, who cares if its not OEM. Regardless, unless the car was ordered with the MTech, its still not original so should have negligle impact to resale value. All that side, I think BMW already took care of resale value with HPFP and Panoroof issues...
Old 01-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Senior Members

"negligle" Some people care just like they don't want aftermarket wheels and other crap. However, I agree that if it is an exact copy, then it shouldn't matter much.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

Originally Posted by jwestpro
Maybe you could add something to this thread. Your photo appears to show the M-tech kit installed ...
Here's what i bought. oem mtech kit from my local dealer,gary had better pricing but not after shipping and if i picked it up id have to pay sales tax. I also bought front and rear bumpers. The lci's got new bumpers but not a new mtech kit. so all the extra parts are new bumpers. bacislly what your doing is putting pre lci bumpers on an lci vehicle. In order to fit the mtech kit. if your planning to ship an oem kit be fore warned this thing is BIG. Hanging out of a full sized pick up big. I hope i answered your questions , if not juss ask. i do have a parts list somewhere.but i don't know where..it's a few pages, i aslo have a bunch or spare parts bmw wont take back. you aslo get two diffusers for the rear i think one is for a tow hitch. and i guess what you really wanna know is .... it cost about $3600 not installed. i looked hard and couldn't find it cheaper..but i got a deal on paint and install.. but i really like the oem thing..

good luck guys

Quick Reply: Bodykit for an '08 E61 (LCI)