E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

BMW Assistance - your experience wanted

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 -14

As you may have seen in another thread, http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=43401, my car was shipped away in disgrace today.

I rang BMW Assistance, where I had to wait almost exactly 5 minutes before being connected to a girl that albeit polite but with a sound of her voice that made me suspect she had the dreariest job in the world. Well, she said a technician would talk to me soon, so hold the line. Which I did. She soon came back with the answer that a service guy in my region would ring me. Fine.

Only a minute later he calls, and starts by saying his and his company name. Nothing more.

Err, sorry.. and you are?

Oh well, that issue sorted out, I again had to explain the problem (why BMW?!? - never heard of service management or CRM systems?)

As he said he cannot fixed the problem he adviced me to call my closest dealer for an appointment.

I told him, without using four letter words, my views on a) quality b) that my car is only three weeks old and c) what BMW Assistance are suppose to do and bade him farewell.

Why do you have to shout at people in order to get some actions? He rang me after a couple of minutes and told me that I will get a rental car. Ok, fine, now at least I can travel to work on Monday, but why must I pay for a rental? A loaner is what I shold have!... Apparantly he's not employed by BMW so he couldn't tell me that, but said BMW Assistance will soon ring me.

Some 15 mins later a veeeery friendly guy (he obviously been at a training course how to handle angry customers...) from BMW Assistance rings me and we start to discuss the whole business. Neither the service guy or BMW appologize but now at least I get what I thought was obvious from the beginning.

Oh well, another hours passes and my car is disgracefully winched up and I travel with the transporter to the dealer in Malm?.

At F?renade Bil I finally get a Premium Service and accolades to them!

A girl from Sixt is there and she hands me over a contract that states that I'll be leaving in a 523 iA Touring. Fine.

On the car park, a 523iA sedan reacts to my key fob... Haha, what to do but laugh...? So, back in again, get hold of someone that can help me (the Sixt-girl has already left as she's working at the Airport) and after a call to Sixt at the Airport we sort things out, the contract is adjusted and I drive home in a 523iA -07, pre-LCI with RFL tyres... and the car is more noisy than my 19" clad baby! Amazing.

So, this was my first experience of using BMW Assistance and I would like to hear your comments and if you have had the pleasure (?) of using this service before?
Old 08-10-2007, 07:24 AM
Members

My Ride: soon 520d touring delivery week26 Black with black dakota lether M-sport xenon big climat towhitch elec,trunkdoor hifispeakers usb/mp3 option ext,int,light isofix comfortseats

Sorry to hear!

Have only experience with Saab Assistance without any problem.
Hope that if I ever have to call BMW Assistance I will not share your experience!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:32 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Touring Imperial Blue, sports automatic, VDC, black leather sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, HiFi Professional, 18" 328 wheels, Xenon, PCD, electrical tow hitch etc... E87 120dM -10, Titanium silver, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. E87 120d M sport- 08, Le Mans blue, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. Sold: BMW 525dT Deep sea blue, xenon, PDC, leather, Hifi, USB etc.

When I picked up my new car the dealer showed me the BMW Assistance sticker on the inside of the tailgate. He told me that no one had ever needed to call that number. So I guess that you were the first one Narvselius and that could explain why you were treated the way you were. They have no experience from customers calling
Old 08-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by gorban' post='458532' date='Aug 14 2007, 01:32 PM
When I picked up my new car the dealer showed me the BMW Assistance sticker on the inside of the tailgate. He told me that no one had ever needed to call that number. So I guess that you were the first one Narvselius and that could explain why you were treated the way you were. They have no experience from customers calling
Haha... gorban - send me a pm with his name and I'll enlighten him...
Old 08-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 92 Mercedes 200TE

Sad to hear this! That is one of the fears my dad has too!! Albeit his E class used to have his
issues, the service of MB was always great.(although his normal service station is getting worse
every visit)

Anyway, the car broke down 40km from the next dealer and within 2hrs we sat in a C class loaner!!
This was a late sunday!! Plus they gave him the option to use the car in Poland as they wanted
to go there for a trip, which is not usual(too dangerous over there!!)
But the car was done the next morning so he could drive over there with his own car.

I hope the BMW Assistance in our region will be equally as good.

Good luck with your car in future!!