E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Anyone have creeking doors - solution?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 525d MSport touring has creeking doors - started with drivers door - now moving around to all the other doors. Antone had this. A solution would be good as it is in the dealer ship for the 2nd time on ths issue. Tried puttting bubricant on the seals but had not effect. Very noticeable at low speed when the body flexes more Thanks
Old 09-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Contributors

Hi,

Very common issue.
For the first two years I never had any problems with mine. Then for the first time I used another wax and the creaking began. (I should have read carefully through all the ?creak-postings? here ).

In my case help is easy. I use a little bit of water with dish-liquid. With that I moisturize a cotton towel and rub the seals and the inner part of the door frame. Dry, and the creaking is gone. (A tip from a fellow member here )

Maybe after a rain or a car wash when some wax/sealant is washed out from the roof to the seals you have to repeat the procedure.
Hope it helps.

Matts
Old 09-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 525ise, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, 18'' Runflats, Folding mirrors, Automatic/man box,parking sensers front/rear,latest addition 645ci black saphire, with everthing on, nothing it does not have.

audi a6
Old 09-08-2006, 07:04 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

BMW developed different door seals, had mine replaced last month after lubrication failed.

It is a known problem, insist on seals being replaced.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jeremyg' post='332181' date='Sep 8 2006, 07:48 AM
My 525d MSport touring has creeking doors - started with drivers door - now moving around to all the other doors. Antone had this. A solution would be good as it is in the dealer ship for the 2nd time on ths issue. Tried puttting bubricant on the seals but had not effect. Very noticeable at low speed when the body flexes more Thanks
You might also want to check the window seals. Does the rattling disappear when lowering the windows? If so, have the seals replaced. Worked excellent here.
Cheers,
Joerg
Old 09-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Senior Members

If you look on the forum a lot of people with the new seals still had the problem.

You have to use silicon free products for wash and wax. Clean the seals with clean water to try to reduce the immediate problem, then just wash with the right stuff. Over time the noise will significantly reduce.

I found that if I had my car washed at the supermarket - the stuff they used brought the noise back. Not immediately, but within a few days.

BMW have changed the car care section of their manuals now and instead of just saying - avoid silicon - they now say using silicon will lead to unwanted noise !
Old 10-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jeremyg' post='332181' date='Sep 8 2006, 12:48 AM
I reported 'clicking' doors both fronts within weeks of ddelivery and they repaced the seals - did the trick
Old 10-17-2006, 06:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

I put some leather polish on the door seals and they work very good, sould try it.
But dont use WD40 on the rubbers.
this is alot post about this on the
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...p;hl=door+seals
Old 02-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Members

My Ride: YOM July 2004 E61 525iA Monacoblue w/Black leather Standard suspension Xenon 17" Alloys Roof rails

Here in Singapore, to remedy for the creaking doors, the local AD will use a high quality like transparent tape like the 3M Scotch Magic tape to stick on all the door sills. The service dept people call it "low friction tape". This tape actually offers a longer lasting solution than to change the rubber door seals.

I had a E36 with same noisy doors and after the "low friction tape" treatment, I used the E46 for another 2 years without any problem.

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='345849' date='Oct 17 2006, 10:55 PM
I put some leather polish on the door seals and they work very good, sould try it.
But dont use WD40 on the rubbers.
this is alot post about this on the
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...p;hl=door+seals
Old 02-20-2008, 05:45 AM
Contributors

I've been having this problem as well. Dealer installed the teflon tape, which didn't help. I tried using GummiPfledge (sp?) and that didn't work; washed it all off with Dawn, water, and cotton towel. Still no luck.

It doesn't really sound like a "creak" - it's more of a rattle. I noticed that I could reproduce the sound by pushing on the window, in the upper left hand corner, as well as pushing on the door frame.

Going on a trip this week, so it will go to the dealer when I get back.

Also having the famous rear parcel shelf creak/popping noise. Tried stuffing some cloth between the seat back and shelf, but that didn't work. It usually happens when it's cold, and I think it is coming from the rear vents just under the back window as they heat up.

For the hat trick, I'm also having a "metal-on-glass" tapping noise from the A pillar every now and then, which goes away when I press on the windshield near the A pillar. I removed the A pillar trim piece hoping I would find a piece of plastic tapping against something, but no luck. I think the only way to solve this one would be to have the windshield re-seated, which I'm not going to do.

Love the car, though.

Quick Reply: Anyone have creeking doors - solution?