E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Alarm siren

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: E61 sold nice E91 335i Sport Touring now

My remote key isn't working just now and until I fix it I want to be able to lock the car but also unlock it without the alarm going off.

Where is the siren located as I'm hoping I can just disconnect it rather than waking the neighbours up in the morning!

I found it on realoem but its just a pic of the siren and no idea where it is in the car?
Old 02-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E61 M5, 1989 Z1

Try the other key?
Old 02-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by phelix' post='782455' date='Feb 1 2009, 06:12 PM
Try the other key?
Tried that

See my other thread http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=69576

Could be the sensor getting water in it via the rear roof spoiler. I took this spoiler off and can't see where it could have went. There is an electrical thingy but I think this is just the rear high level brake light.

I'm going to call one of the local dealers in morning and see if they can look at it.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 March E60 530i, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather, Style 124 18" Alloy, Active Steering, Adaptive headlights, Auto-Dim Int+Folding Ext Mirrors, Auto Aircon Advanced, Brushed Aluminium Trim, CD Changer, Comfort Seats, De-Chrome, Dynamic Drive, Electric Glass Sun Roof, Graduate Tinted Windscreen, Heated Front Seats, Natvigation Professional, Sport Steering wheel, Sun Protection Glass, TV function

Originally Posted by chesney72' post='782494' date='Feb 1 2009, 07:30 PM
Tried that

Could be the sensor getting water in it via the rear roof spoiler. I took this spoiler off and can't see where it could have went. There is an electrical thingy but I think this is just the rear high level brake light.

I'm going to call one of the local dealers in morning and see if they can look at it.
I have exactly the same problem as you and the dealer investigated the roof spoiler, fixed it twice but the problem always come back after a month. I now have to put the key in to the door, turn and hold it to let the windows drop down, put the key into the ignotion and then open the door to avoid the alarm going off. (What a pain!!!)

I'm going to try another dealer.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 530xd, 2006, 231hp 4-wheel-drive, Monaco metal blue, Dakota beige leather interior, fine wood trim, extended lighting package, adaptive Headlights, headlight cleaning system, PDC, extended automatic air conditioning, ProNav, ipod connection, skibag, electric engine/interior heating, thb200 sub, 19" M6 wheels, Schmiedmann frontspoiler lip, tyre control, servotronic

Originally Posted by mario.kwok' post='783071' date='Feb 2 2009, 10:00 AM
I have exactly the same problem as you and the dealer investigated the roof spoiler, fixed it twice but the problem always come back after a month. I now have to put the key in to the door, turn and hold it to let the windows drop down, put the key into the ignotion and then open the door to avoid the alarm going off. (What a pain!!!)

I'm going to try another dealer.
I just get (last week) new for me (2006/65000km) 530xdt and i have same problem with the key.
I allready ordered new key (schould come next tuesday).
While wayting the new key i take the fuse 51 out and that shut down the alarm system.
Now the car keep silent when open doors by stick key.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tira-1' post='787734' date='Feb 8 2009, 06:46 AM
I just get (last week) new for me (2006/65000km) 530xdt and i have same problem with the key.
I allready ordered new key (schould come next tuesday).
While wayting the new key i take the fuse 51 out and that shut down the alarm system.
Now the car keep silent when open doors by stick key.
Just discovered that fuse this afternoon. Does the job. I had been using mario's tip though and that has the benfit that your alarm still works.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 March E60 530i, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather, Style 124 18" Alloy, Active Steering, Adaptive headlights, Auto-Dim Int+Folding Ext Mirrors, Auto Aircon Advanced, Brushed Aluminium Trim, CD Changer, Comfort Seats, De-Chrome, Dynamic Drive, Electric Glass Sun Roof, Graduate Tinted Windscreen, Heated Front Seats, Natvigation Professional, Sport Steering wheel, Sun Protection Glass, TV function

Originally Posted by chesney72' post='787895' date='Feb 8 2009, 06:24 PM
Just discovered that fuse this afternoon. Does the job. I had been using mario's tip though and that has the benfit that your alarm still works.
As I have the same problem with "Car not picking up any signal from the key". This is how I disable the alarm when opening the door.

To unlock the car, put the key into the door lock and turn anti-clockwise for 1 sec, and then turn clockwise to unlock the car. Doing this you will notice the red light in the rear view mirror stop flashing so you can open the door without setting off the alarm. This will enable you to have the alarm activated while the car is lock.

I have to do this until the car is in with the dealer next week. "Can't wait!!"
Old 02-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 530xd, 2006, 231hp 4-wheel-drive, Monaco metal blue, Dakota beige leather interior, fine wood trim, extended lighting package, adaptive Headlights, headlight cleaning system, PDC, extended automatic air conditioning, ProNav, ipod connection, skibag, electric engine/interior heating, thb200 sub, 19" M6 wheels, Schmiedmann frontspoiler lip, tyre control, servotronic

Originally Posted by mario.kwok' post='788455' date='Feb 9 2009, 06:03 AM
As I have the same problem with "Car not picking up any signal from the key". This is how I disable the alarm when opening the door.

To unlock the car, put the key into the door lock and turn anti-clockwise for 1 sec, and then turn clockwise to unlock the car. Doing this you will notice the red light in the rear view mirror stop flashing so you can open the door without setting off the alarm. This will enable you to have the alarm activated while the car is lock.

I have to do this until the car is in with the dealer next week. "Can't wait!!"
I put the fuse 51 back again and try this key trick. My car must have different lock.
When i turning the key to anti-clockwise the door locks open and clockwise put it lock.
So when i try to this i turn to anticlockwise and the door locks open after 1sec
i turn clockwise and the doors goes lock again .

I try again this trick so that i turn key clockwise and keep 1sec and after that turn key to
anticlockwise (open doors) but that also dosnt work, car alarms keeps on.

It is better if alarm could be on but in my case seems that this trick dosnt work.

I also get the new key today... that dosnt work.
Car schould have something other failure (new key starts engine but remote keeps quiet).
I must now wait that car seller arrange the time to local bmw service.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by chesney72' post='782494' date='Feb 1 2009, 07:30 PM
Tried that

Chesney72 you are correct, my dealer also told me that water are going in to the rood spoiler area which caused the remote receiver malfunction. They also told me the host of the rear window washer may also be a source of water causing the damage.

Have you got your car sorted yet?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mario.kwok' post='789873' date='Feb 11 2009, 12:43 AM
Chesney72 you are correct, my dealer also told me that water are going in to the rood spoiler area which caused the remote receiver malfunction. They also told me the host of the rear window washer may also be a source of water causing the damage.

Have you got your car sorted yet?
Going to dealer in 2 weeks. Hopefully that'll be it. I fitted this reciever but had no luck. might be something else but thats for them to find out cos I'm fed up with it

Quick Reply: Alarm siren