E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Air Suspension Lowering - via INPA

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 05:02 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: 535xiT
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N54
Default Air Suspension Lowering - via INPA

Hey guys,

Long time no chat. Been dealing with a lot of stuff personally but got that sorted out...for the most part. Anyways, I rebuilt my front coilovers and lowered the car a bit up front. Using INPA, I did hand controls and lowered the rear air suspension to match. It's been a week or so, and I thought the rear was a bit lower each day and now I measured again and the rear has dropped an inch or so. I must have a crack in a bag or line, or leak otherwise. I knew this as if the car sat for a while, when I started it the pump would kick on to get it back to the elevation it was programmed to. But now it doesn't. I'm assuming because I did hand controls and following the instructions I found online, it said to do turn off energy saving mode and turn on production mode. If I recall right....is there anyway to set it via hand controls and still have the pump kick on to get it to the "new" set height?

Or is there a better program around to program a new ride height?? Almost riding on my bumpstops now, lol.
Old 10-25-2021, 04:37 AM
New Members

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
My Ride: .

Originally Posted by Azar
If I recall right....is there anyway to set it via hand controls and still have the pump kick on to get it to the "new" set height?

Or is there a better program around to program a new ride height?? Almost riding on my bumpstops now, lol.
You can adjust the programmed ride height in INPA. I'm making up numbers, but if stock ride height is 28" and you want to lower it to 27", you can reduce the height calibration by an inch (25mm). It will still function as stock, just at your new ride height. I'd have to plug in INPA because I have not fiddled with that in about a year, but if you need help let me know. I'm not on the forum much but should get notified of any response here or a PM.
The following users liked this post:
Azar (10-26-2021)
Old 10-26-2021, 04:55 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: 535xiT
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by JoshMcMadMac
You can adjust the programmed ride height in INPA. I'm making up numbers, but if stock ride height is 28" and you want to lower it to 27", you can reduce the height calibration by an inch (25mm). It will still function as stock, just at your new ride height. I'd have to plug in INPA because I have not fiddled with that in about a year, but if you need help let me know. I'm not on the forum much but should get notified of any response here or a PM.
Thanks dude! This gave me the motivation to lug my laptop back out to the wagon and poke around in INPA. (My laptop battery is dead, so I have to run extension cords out to the car. lol)

So you go to the air suspension part, activate, then instead of going to hand controls, you go to....calibrate (shocker! Haha) Then you can plug in what you want it to be, it is ride height - actual height = plug that in and it will then save as the new height. My brain was not working super hard this morning and it was cold, but I think I got it sorted out. After calibration, I went into hand controls and raised it up to the "new normal" and it was exactly where I wanted it.....after a few guess and checks, haha. I'll follow back in a few days and advise if it's holding steady. Thanks again!
The following 2 users liked this post by Azar:
JoshMcMadMac (10-26-2021), kd7iwp (04-07-2024)