E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Active Steering Fault

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mjojom
the steering rack problem is unfortunately quite common issue. if that what it is and you can live with it, get it to code the issue out, so the warning wont come up. but remember, your DSC wont do its job unless you have your steering fixed. you can always try to reinitialize the steering, reset the alignment with INPA and reinitialize, see what it does.
I could live with this "problem". Itīs a just that i want to sell this car and that ainīt easy with this warning that comes up every time i turn on the ignition. I havenīt noticed anything with the DSC. It works just fine according to me when i try to play around winter half year if i donīt disable it.
I bought a couple of weeks ago a part that is changeable on the rack where the cables go in, but i havenīt changed it yet.

Can they code the issue out?? I asked the workshop if they can do it and they said no it is not possible because the car is built and programmed like this.

I noticed that the front brake discs are not in the best shape. Could that be causing this fault or is there no connection at all with brakes and steering??