E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

545 probs

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 01:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 Touring, Titanium Silver, Black interior leather, SMG, Active Steering, Dynamic Drive, Panoramic Sunroof, Stereo Upgrade, TV, Xenon headlights, DVD Navigation, Rear Seat Window Sunblinds (for the boy), Runflat tires, style 124 star spoke alloys, GSM phone, Isofix, 6 cd-changer, park-distance control, Sports seats, sports steering wheel,

Hi there. I am the very proud owner of a 545 Touring here in New Zealand. I love this car but am having the odd problem. I was wondering if anyone else had any warranty problems also.

Everything was really great for about two weeks, then the central computer broke down. A new one is going in on Monday. I lost radio, cd, park distance control, idrive, radio settings, everything setable basically. Has anyone else had the same problem as me? This is just general poll to ask, not a bagging of the car in any way.

Anyone getting break fade? I get the hint of it starting. Am I mad .... ?

Also my window goes down after going up about half way. It just stops and then comes right back down again. Anyone got that one?

Other than that it is amazing. I love the dynamic drive and the V8 smoothness. Really amazing in Sport Mode WOWOWOWOW! Have to look for police though all the time .... Great ride for my little boy too. Really nice on the road, and you know exactly where you are going all the time.

Nice to meet you all.

R.
Old 10-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, bmzeelander ! you've just joined the best bmw forum on the planet ! people in here are extremely knowledgable and nice. way better than most of the dealers .

regarding your idrive, i don't think you have to worry about anything just because your dealer is going to replace it for you. and the window, a lot of us have this problem and a new software update will do the trick. please post some pics of your babe .
Old 10-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, BMZeelander Name:  00000732.gif
Views: 39
Size:  3.1 KB!
Old 10-30-2004, 05:14 PM
Members

Welcome BMZeelander
Old 10-30-2004, 05:14 PM
Members

Welcome BMZeelander
Old 10-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Senior Members

^^^^What he said.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 545 Touring, Titanium Silver, Black interior leather, SMG, Active Steering, Dynamic Drive, Panoramic Sunroof, Stereo Upgrade, TV, Xenon headlights, DVD Navigation, Rear Seat Window Sunblinds (for the boy), Runflat tires, style 124 star spoke alloys, GSM phone, Isofix, 6 cd-changer, park-distance control, Sports seats, sports steering wheel,

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Oct 31 2004, 09:56 AM
welcome aboard, bmzeelander !? you've just joined the best bmw forum on the planet !? people in here are extremely knowledgable and nice.? way better than most of the dealers .

regarding your idrive, i don't think you have to worry about anything just because your dealer is going to replace it for you.? and the window, a lot of us have this problem and a new software update will do the trick.? please post some pics of your babe .
[snapback]51148[/snapback]
Hi everyone. Nice to be here. Do let me know all your 545 probs. just interested, as I tell everyone all the time that BMW doesn't break down as bad as Audi's do. Every Audi I had , had a fault of some kind. My 545 is the first BMW that ever had a fault of some kind. That's why I'm asking. I'm fully BMWed now. No more Audi, I promise. Will get some pics for you all soon. I've had a blue 316 Ti compact (my first BM), then went to an estoril blue M-coupe hatchback(US calls a Z3 M 3.2), a steel grey M3 2003 (colour probably why the lady in the mini van with bull bars didn't see it and smashed the front off of it !!!!!), a phoenix yellow M3 2003, a steel grey M3 CSL, then to the 545 touring. Desparately want an M5 touring, but will have to prey to God BMW will make one. A letter to the Pope? Kofi Anan? Will they help make BMW listen to our cries of M5 Touring please?????!!!!! God I hope so!!!
Old 10-31-2004, 06:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BMZeelander' date='Oct 31 2004, 01:56 AM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Oct 31 2004, 09:56 AM']welcome aboard, bmzeelander !? you've just joined the best bmw forum on the planet !? people in here are extremely knowledgable and nice.? way better than most of the dealers .

regarding your idrive, i don't think you have to worry about anything just because your dealer is going to replace it for you.? and the window, a lot of us have this problem and a new software update will do the trick.? please post some pics of your babe .
[snapback]51148[/snapback]
Hi everyone. Nice to be here. Do let me know all your 545 probs. just interested, as I tell everyone all the time that BMW doesn't break down as bad as Audi's do. Every Audi I had , had a fault of some kind. My 545 is the first BMW that ever had a fault of some kind. That's why I'm asking. I'm fully BMWed now. No more Audi, I promise. Will get some pics for you all soon. I've had a blue 316 Ti compact (my first BM), then went to an estoril blue M-coupe hatchback(US calls a Z3 M 3.2), a steel grey M3 2003 (colour probably why the lady in the mini van with bull bars didn't see it and smashed the front off of it !!!!!), a phoenix yellow M3 2003, a steel grey M3 CSL, then to the 545 touring. Desparately want an M5 touring, but will have to prey to God BMW will make one. A letter to the Pope? Kofi Anan? Will they help make BMW listen to our cries of M5 Touring please?????!!!!! God I hope so!!!
[snapback]51341[/snapback]
[/quote]
m5 touring ? i doubt it .
Old 10-31-2004, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

That's a "could be" on the Touring.
The actual plan includes bringing out a M5 Touring.
But they are switching their plans so often... we'll have to wait...
The most emmys are sold in the US, and Tourings are not so popular in the USA. That's why I think they will not bring an M5 Touring out...
Old 10-31-2004, 07:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Oct 31 2004, 05:49 PM
That's a "could be" on the Touring.
The actual plan includes bringing out a M5 Touring.
But they are switching their plans so often... we'll have to wait...
The most emmys are sold in the US, and Tourings are not so popular in the USA. That's why I think they will not bring an M5 Touring out...
[snapback]51597[/snapback]
unless amg makes one for the e-class. then bmw will follow .

Quick Reply: 545 probs