E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

530xi touring cold/sport pkg...Tell me what u think....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmitev
I like the shape of the rims a lot. They look sporty and dynamic without being too fussy. Remind me a bit of the Dinan wheels.

For me personally, they would be perfect if they were 19', the lip was a bit smaller and stuck out less, and regarding the colour: I have nothing against white, or white-on-white or whatever. I just like it more when the rims' coulour is a bit closer to stock, in which I guess I'm in a 0.1% minority here. I guess titanium grey or maybe gunmetal (but not darker) would be very clean and classy.

In any way, I think its great that we have these pics here, as they show something different and orginal, without being another ENVY. We need such pics in order for everyone to decide for himself what works well and what not.
I got pictures from when the rims where the stock color...imma post those up 2morrow...and if I can get better angles in the pictures u can see that the rims dont stick out....they are inside the fender...The picture just looks like that because the lip is big in rear.....when the rim was at its stock color the car did look very classy.....but I just wanted to switch it up and paint them alpine white....In my opinion most rims that look good on E60 sedans look good on E61 wagons.....so here is pic of the same rims on a E60 w/ original rim finish.
530xi touring cold/sport pkg...Tell me what u think....-mk-motorsport.jpg
Old 04-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Senior Members

Wow, that's a big difference - I like them much more in this version, and indeed, the other pics make them look like they stick out a lot.. please do post better pics of the wagon
Old 04-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mmitev
Wow, that's a big difference - I like them much more in this version, and indeed, the other pics make them look like they stick out a lot.. please do post better pics of the wagon
Im probably goin to put the wheels back on this weekend... I will post better pics then. IMO the wheels look very classy in OEM finish...but a bit to plain for me...so I think im goin to do something creative with them....stay tuned....The reason why they didnt stay OEM because I couldn't decide if I wanted to keep them OEM or paint them AW....and I dropped 2 of the rims off at the paint shop on a Mon and the guy told me he wasnt goin to start workin on them for a additional week....so I mounted one of the rears at rim shop and I liked the look...so I went back to body shop on weds and he started sanding one the rims...which destroyed the OEM finish...so at this point I had no choice but to color match them...at this point I was sick...He jumped the gun and ended up painting the wheels for free...but I still like the way they came out after all.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

First off, on board and enjoy the forums!

Like V wrote, I think its a good start. The white centre is not my preference, but I prefer the more understated / OEM look in general. This picture should give you a good indication of what your car could look like with the M5/M-Sport kit fitted, dropped and with deep dish 20s. This combination works well IMHO, as its more balanced than what you have today. So I think your plans to put that kit on will make a world of difference

530xi touring cold/sport pkg...Tell me what u think....-e61-m-sport-white-20s-deep-dish-side-front.jpg
Old 04-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx
First off, on board and enjoy the forums!

Like V wrote, I think its a good start. The white centre is not my preference, but I prefer the more understated / OEM look in general. This picture should give you a good indication of what your car could look like with the M5/M-Sport kit fitted, dropped and with deep dish 20s. This combination works well IMHO, as its more balanced than what you have today. So I think your plans to put that kit on will make a world of difference

Attachment 103214
I like your wagon...I actually seen pics of your car somewhere before....What company did you use for suspension, and how much is your drop? I need this M5 Kit ASAP....any ideas on where I can find one to fit the E61?
Old 04-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Originally Posted by MKwagon530
I like your wagon...I actually seen pics of your car somewhere before....What company did you use for suspension, and how much is your drop? I need this M5 Kit ASAP....any ideas on where I can find one to fit the E61?

Search function would be the first place to start...

OEM BMW or Rep....which do you prefer?
Old 04-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

This is not mine, just a picture I found via Google some time back. It looks like a US based E61. In the E61 Forum you will find plenty of information about lowering the car.

As for the M5 parts, the front bumper is the same as the E60, so you can get that from any of the usual (US) suppliers, e.g. Trinity supply replicas that have received good feedback here in the forum. The side skirts and rear M-Tech bumper can be sourced via BMW, because these are fitted to the E61 Sport versions in US / Canada, so will be orderable. Maybe some of the US / Canada members can better advise which dealer does the best prices -- or maybe Trinity can also do you a deal.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bigbadbull
Search function would be the first place to start...

OEM BMW or Rep....which do you prefer?
OEM BMW sounds too expensive for me...I would consider Reps if anything....I will search and see what I can find....
Old 04-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

People offer me to buy this wagon all the time....u seriously think these wheels dont look good...you gotta be outta your mind....so u rather have stock M5 wheels than a set of rare MK motorsport wheels...which is vintage BMW....I know these wheels where made for the 8 series....but I know for a fact they look great on my wagon....and I know for fact I'am the only person that has these wheels on a E61 makes even more unique.....20x9F and 20x10.5R..(that dont rub)....show me pics of somebody else with these fitments on a wagon that looks better and has a bigger Lip then these wheels....Dont get me wrong I have seen some hot looking E61's on here....but dont knock me for being different....more pics soon
Man, everyone has their own tastes. I don't think it's that bad actually, it does need a drop and M-Tech kit, but it kind of reminds me of one of the first BMW's I fell in love with - Hawk's BMW on the show Spencer For Hire, that was one bad ass car and I loved it.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Man, everyone has their own tastes. I don't think it's that bad actually, it does need a drop and M-Tech kit, but it kind of reminds me of one of the first BMW's I fell in love with - Hawk's BMW on the show Spencer For Hire, that was one bad ass car and I loved it.
Thanks I apreciate the kind words....I actually was lookin for pictures of the car your talkin about? what series was it?

Quick Reply: 530xi touring cold/sport pkg...Tell me what u think....