E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

530xi touring cold/sport pkg...Tell me what u think....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Wheels Hideous....

Need some front and rear picts, the car other than the wheels looks good.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:04 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Sorry, an AW E61 with AW wheels... No.

Maybe I would feel different if there were better pics that didn't chop parts of the car off. Or maybe that wouldn't make a difference.

Anyway, it is your E61, so enjoy it!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

Do they rub? What offset... ? Pics from the back of the wheel well...I would have neverthought those would fit..
Old 04-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Members

I do need a m5 front bumper....I know that....and I was thinking about doin something crazy to the wheels...maybe all white everything including the lip and then painting the windows black....and the Motorsport engrave inside black. I could chrome them out too....When I purchased the wheels the seller said they need a high offset to work on the xi...He searched all over the country and found the last pair(I was told this company went out of business last year)and they happen to fit the car.....Its absolutely NO Rubbing and I think the car rides so much smoother with the MK's on rather than the stocks.....Sorry for the crappy pics.....more clean pics soon..... Thanks for looking.... I just wanted opinions from real BMW ppl......
Old 04-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Patrick E61
Sorry, an AW E61 with AW wheels... No.

Maybe I would feel different if there were better pics that didn't chop parts of the car off. Or maybe that wouldn't make a difference.

Anyway, it is your E61, so enjoy it!
People offer me to buy this wagon all the time....u seriously think these wheels dont look good...you gotta be outta your mind....so u rather have stock M5 wheels than a set of rare MK motorsport wheels...which is vintage BMW....I know these wheels where made for the 8 series....but I know for a fact they look great on my wagon....and I know for fact I'am the only person that has these wheels on a E61 makes even more unique.....20x9F and 20x10.5R..(that dont rub)....show me pics of somebody else with these fitments on a wagon that looks better and has a bigger Lip then these wheels....Dont get me wrong I have seen some hot looking E61's on here....but dont knock me for being different....more pics soon
Old 04-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Uh...Yeah...the wheels in my and apparently several others that have posted opinions , not right for the car. I don't want to say UGLY , just they don't do it for most. Triple white is for Administrative assistants VW cabriolet Bugs...not E61 wagons.

One thing I really don't like is when newer member post a pict of their car then ask for advice and criticisms of the pict...then if they don't hear what they want they get all defensive....

If you ask for criticism/advice be willing to accept both the good and the bad....
Old 04-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bigbadbull
Uh...Yeah...the wheels in my and apparently several others that have posted opinions , not right for the car. I don't want to say UGLY , just they don't do it for most. Triple white is for Administrative assistants VW cabriolet Bugs...not E61 wagons.

One thing I really don't like is when newer member post a pict of their car then ask for advice and criticisms of the pict...then if they don't hear what they want they get all defensive....

If you ask for criticism/advice be willing to accept both the good and the bad....
I'm willing to accept constructive criticism...and I understand that everyone has different opinions...I gotta put up better pics so u can see it for real.....because these pics where taken with my cell phone last summer. Why cant e61 wagons be white on white....any other car can have that same color scheme....and your tryin to tell me it doesn't work because it's a wagon, thats like sayin black on black won't work because its a coupe...who are you to say something like that?...thats a bunch of BS if u ask me.....everyone on this forum has different swags...and is goin to style there cars the way they want....I'm just sayin dont hate on me because I have swag and u dont...half of the wagons on here look the same....nobody can say there E61 wagon looks like mine..and I'll take that over everything....
Old 04-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

This look is not my cup of tea, but if the OP likes it, that's all that matters.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Senior Members

I like the shape of the rims a lot. They look sporty and dynamic without being too fussy. Remind me a bit of the Dinan wheels.

For me personally, they would be perfect if they were 19', the lip was a bit smaller and stuck out less, and regarding the colour: I have nothing against white, or white-on-white or whatever. I just like it more when the rims' coulour is a bit closer to stock, in which I guess I'm in a 0.1% minority here. I guess titanium grey or maybe gunmetal (but not darker) would be very clean and classy.

In any way, I think its great that we have these pics here, as they show something different and orginal, without being another ENVY. We need such pics in order for everyone to decide for himself what works well and what not.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by MKwagon530
People offer me to buy this wagon all the time....u seriously think these wheels dont look good...you gotta be outta your mind....so u rather have stock M5 wheels than a set of rare MK motorsport wheels...which is vintage BMW....I know these wheels where made for the 8 series....but I know for a fact they look great on my wagon....and I know for fact I'am the only person that has these wheels on a E61 makes even more unique.....20x9F and 20x10.5R..(that dont rub)....show me pics of somebody else with these fitments on a wagon that looks better and has a bigger Lip then these wheels....Dont get me wrong I have seen some hot looking E61's on here....but dont knock me for being different....more pics soon
Well... actually... I would prefer the M166's to these as well, yes. Especially, if they were custom-painted or powder-coated. But again, this is more like "opinion" - not an objective criticism. And again, these rims can be made to look a LOT better IMO.

Originally Posted by bigbadbull

I don't know. There are two schools, apparently - one says that "Triple white is for Administrative assistants VW cabriolet Bugs", other can do a triple-white on a Bentley and pull it off. No need to be strongly opinionated about someone else's preferences - all people have own tastes.

Originally Posted by mmitev
I like the shape of the rims a lot. They look sporty and dynamic without being too fussy. Remind me a bit of the Dinan wheels.

For me personally, they would be perfect if they were 19', the lip was a bit smaller and stuck out less, and regarding the colour: I have nothing against white, or white-on-white or whatever. I just like it more when the rims' coulour is a bit closer to stock, in which I guess I'm in a 0.1% minority here. I guess titanium grey or maybe gunmetal (but not darker) would be very clean and classy.

In any way, I think its great that we have these pics here, as they show something different and orginal, without being another ENVY. We need such pics in order for everyone to decide for himself what works well and what not.
Well, in all fairness, this car is far from an ENVY car. But, as it is apparently already agreed on (by OP himself, among others), this car is not finished yet.

I personally think that a set of sideskirts and at least a front lip are a necessity. And suspension, of course, could use some droppage.

Quick Reply: 530xi touring cold/sport pkg...Tell me what u think....