E60 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Stereo relocating and aftermarket install questions

Old 01-02-2019, 05:42 PM
New Members

My Ride: e60 2006 530i 160k mi 6hp19 n53
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n53
Default Stereo relocating and aftermarket install questions

after adding an aux and running JL w1 12's I havent been happy with the sound from my Hifi (S676A) setup. The amp has been finicky and the driver sub would sometimes cut out.

I want to run 4 chan amp to factory speakers. RD400/4 4-Channel Class D Full-Range Amplifier, 100 W x 4 @ 2 Ω (eventually swap them out but no rush)

Install a double din that has 5v inputs BT audio and eq control that the factory system is lacking. I turn the treble all the way down and it still feels harsh at times

For these reasons I don't want to maintain factory stereo and add a DSP like the JBL MS-8 or Mobridge DA3.

Its been done a few years back before where the shop made a custom din kit. Metra has one now. The wiring part is what I could use some help on.

I understand factory stereo needs to be kept intact and most move it to the glovebox. Are new cables needed or are they long enough to reach glove box?

I know I'll need harness to connect to factory wiring and antenna. I'm ok with disabling center channel and chimes but would like to keep steering wheel controls.

Connects2 which is UK based has a kit that does it all (double din = everything else mentioned above for about $325 USD) Has anyone used it? What are your thoughts?

If not that kit what would be the best way to piecemeal the required harnesses and wiring?