E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LED DRL's

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 11:30 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: bmw

Koqui, I wouldn't advise using greater than 10W bulbs (per side). The car won't send more than that, you can only open the door to problems by using 50W.

Another option is to have your DRLs disabled (inner halogen bulb) and run the car with parking lamp setting. This will have the eyebrow and angel eyes active and the inner halogen bulb disabled, giving the appearance of DRL angel eyes with the added bonus of the eyebrow. It won't be very bright, but...

The more I dabble in these headlight mods, the more I have come to appreciate the stock look. Yeah, it isn't as "sick-nasty baller" as the F10s and F30s or even the LCI E60s, but it's still cooler than 99% of the other cars on the road. And besides, you don't even see the angel eyes yourself. I'm not trying to convince you not to do anything, I'm only saying.. if you are at all bummed out like I used to be, pull into a parking lot one day, get out and check out your headlights. They're still cool as hell.

Besides, the thousands that lci conversion costs, the hundreds that coding or Orions/installation costs, could all be put towards that newer bimmer some day in the future. Anyways, that's just what has been on my mind. Don't let any of this seem like shunning. I've tried some led bulbs, a friend of mine had orions. Just food for thought.

Last edited by justalilbit; 01-16-2015 at 11:35 AM.