E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Bimmian led side markers

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i sport, 46k, titanium grey with dakota grey interior, auto stick, all options except HUD

OK I have to weigh in and give MY opinion on a recent purchase from Bimmian. I know some of you have had great luck but I have not. This isnt an attack on Bimmian just my opinion and observations of this product. The LED side markers from Bimmian I feel are sub par. They lack a rubber gasket that prevents the piece from sealing tight to the fenders. It seems other members who have this unit havent had a problem, but the ones I got didnt sit tight at all. In fact the passenger side one wouldnt even stay in place what so ever, so much so that a 65mph ride to BMW made it come loose, I shit you not. My concern with the lack of rubber gasket that the factory style has was put to rest by forum members, and righfully so.This is true because IF the part sits tight to the fender it will stop water from entering the inside of the fender, my certainly did not. They look aces, they function as described, mine fit poorly. I went to BMW and bought two new ones. The lenses looked good but were clear and not smoked. The yellow bulb is the worst but when I put them in they snap in perfectly and very secure. If Bimmian were to design the side marker with the rubber gasket they would kick ass. I tried to apply the factory gasket to the Bimmian markers unfortunatly it doesnt work because the gasket takes up too much space and the metal clips cant snap into place. Waste of time on the front. This is only my observations and maybe I just got unlucky. Bimmian is sending me a passenger side new one too see if it fits. Im goin to return them because I feel the ffitment with my car is sub standard and poor, we will see. Too bad because they look wicked pissa
Old 10-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Members

My Ride: V

Yea, I had the same problem with them.. Kind of pricey for the poor quality. I played with mine a bit to make them fit more snuggly, but overall I'm not too happy with Bimmian in generally (also sold me a Solaris bulb that went out in a month and they want to charge me $5 to replace it).
Old 10-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i sport, 46k, titanium grey with dakota grey interior, auto stick, all options except HUD

yea and once they got yor money the will not give it back regardless,,Im threw with anything they offer period, hey but thats just my opinion
Old 10-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

the ones that trinity sells doesn't have the rubber gasket either.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by Schu Dog Nite' post='1041025' date='Oct 26 2009, 08:00 PM
OK I have to weigh in and give MY opinion on a recent purchase from Bimmian. I know some of you have had great luck but I have not. This isn't an attack on Bimmian just my opinion and observations of this product. The LED side markers from Bimmian I feel are sub par. They lack a rubber gasket that prevents the piece from sealing tight to the fenders. It seems other members who have this unit haven't had a problem, but the ones I got didn't sit tight at all. In fact the passenger side one wouldn't even stay in place what so ever, so much so that a 65mph ride to BMW made it come loose, I shit you not. My concern with the lack of rubber gasket that the factory style has was put to rest by forum members, and rightfully so.This is true because IF the part sits tight to the fender it will stop water from entering the inside of the fender, my certainly did not. They look aces, they function as described, mine fit poorly. I went to BMW and bought two new ones. The lenses looked good but were clear and not smoked. The yellow bulb is the worst but when I put them in they snap in perfectly and very secure. If Bimmian were to design the side marker with the rubber gasket they would kick ass. I tried to apply the factory gasket to the Bimmian markers unfortunately it doesn't work because the gasket takes up too much space and the metal clips cant snap into place. Waste of time on the front. This is only my observations and maybe I just got unlucky. Bimmian is sending me a passenger side new one too see if it fits. I'm going to return them because I feel the fitment with my car is sub standard and poor, we will see. Too bad because they look wicked pissa
I'm sorry to hear that you are having such problems with these Bimmian products! I can't imagine mine fitting ANY better than they do, so I'm surprised by this....good luck with whatever eventually resides on your fenders!
Old 10-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport - Silver-Grey, Nav, Active Cruise, HUD, sport seats, Logic-7, charcoal filter mod, Euro reflectors, hard-wired V1

I had the same issue with my side markers but formed my own gaskets by running some thin strips of electrical tape that I trimmed with a hobby knife all around the edges of the lights. It made the lights fit much better, although not as snugly as the OEM lights.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Schu Dog Nite' post='1041420' date='Oct 27 2009, 02:26 PM
yea and once they got yor money the will not give it back regardless,,Im threw with anything they offer period, hey but thats just my opinion
Agreed. When I ordered my e-brake handle cover they sent me gunmetal vs. matte black. But after repeated emails and calls and sending pictures of the wrong part, I never got a response nor did I get an exchange. I kept the gunmetal since it matched the i-drive knob anyway, plus it costs more than the matte black
Old 10-29-2009, 07:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

bimmian is known for the bad customer service and also having parts "not" fitting or sitting flush, so we dont stock any of their stuff anymore
Old 05-11-2018, 04:48 PM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Model Year: XHP&MHD

OK, this thread is as old as dirt but whatever.
I just installed the Bimmian smoked side markers.
The previous owner had the Ebay/Amazon smoked,chrome back plate version which broke.
The drivers side had loads of corrosion at the connection.

I checked for polarity and loaded them with dielectric grease No seal freaked me out at first.
I ran a thin bead of Permatex black silicone sealant/adhesive around the lights perimeter before installing. A Costco yellow microfiber was used to clean the excess.
If things go south I will use fishing line or dental floss to remove them.