E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Some US M5 info.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke to the 5 series brand manager today.

According to him, the pricing for the new M5 will be released in august (not june).

The 1st US spec car are indeed allocated for build in september.

1st delivery to customer is mid november.

There will be 7 color choices (4 M color, white, silver, silvergrey).

Initially BMW will not allow other none M color to be ordered on the M5. (which was allowed toward the middle of E39 M5 production run for a mere $1200).

Even though my 1st color choice is silverstone II. I really liked titanium grey as well. So i guess i am stuck with silverstone II.

There will be no BMW individual (again) for the US. According to him that it will be a nightmare for them to manage.

Here is what I don't understand. It's not like BMWNA is going to sell tons of M5. Why not allow individual program for M cars. You would think that people who is spending 100k would like to have ability to custom their car.

How difficult would it be for BMW to manage the individual program for M cars? In addition, the brand manager states that LT for individual car would be too long and customer does not like that. Well, majority of M car are ordered to customer spec. So this does not hold water. Obvious the M car owners already expect long lead time.

I still don't understand why individual can't be offered in US. This is so stupid.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Most M5 buyers are already on the list at their dealer... and they've been on the list for a seriously long time.

I'm on the list, and I'll be lucky if I can even get close enough to smell an M5 before the production is stopped on the E60 model. So my wait time will be counted in years.

So saying that leadtimes would be too long and M owners don't like that is about the most preposterous argument I've heard. The leadtimes are already long, and maybe we don't like it.... but we're certainly putting up with it.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i, silver/black, sports pck, premium sound, cold weather pck, SMG, NAV, sat. radio. Porsche 996 C2 '99

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Apr 30 2005, 07:31 AM
Most M5 buyers are already on the list at their dealer...? and they've been on the list for a seriously long time.

I'm on the list, and I'll be lucky if I can even get close enough to smell an M5 before the production is stopped on the E60 model.? So my wait time will be counted in years.

So saying that leadtimes would be too long and M owners don't like that is about the most preposterous argument I've heard.? The leadtimes are already long, and maybe we don't like it....? but we're certainly putting up with it.?
[snapback]122189[/snapback]
Are you on the list at Fields BMW? I am to.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:27 AM
Senior Members

Yeah, the leadtime argument is ridiculous. I've been on the waiting list for more than 3 years . If I'm going to spend $100K on a car I'd like the ability to choose from more than two different wood trim options.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by wolverine' date='Apr 30 2005, 07:27 AM
Yeah, the leadtime argument is ridiculous.? I've been on the waiting list for more than 3 years ? .? If I'm going to spend $100K on a car I'd like the ability to choose from more than two different wood trim options.
[snapback]122215[/snapback]
that's why i don't think it make any sense.

we have been waiting several years. what is additional month to us? nothing.

I really liked the titanium grey. But it will not be available.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Members

KK, thanks for your info.

you say there will be 4 M colours available. as far as i know, for Euro-spec M5 the only available M colours are SepangBronz, InterlagosBlue, and IndianapolisRed. and now, i don't even think they offer IndianapolisRed on M5 anymore, as BMW made it a M6 exclusive colour. long story short, there are 2 M exclusive colours available for M5 in Europe.

presumably those 2 colours are also the 2 that will become available in North America. do you know what other 2 colours will also be available? thanks.

by the way, Euro M5 is also available in Black Sapphire, but that's not on your list. i really hope this means CarbonBlack will become one of the standard colour.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson' date='Apr 30 2005, 05:41 PM
KK, thanks for your info.

you say there will be 4 M colours available. as far as i know, for Euro-spec M5 the only available M colours are SepangBronz, InterlagosBlue, and IndianapolisRed. and now, i don't even think they offer IndianapolisRed on M5 anymore, as BMW made it a M6 exclusive colour. long story short, there are 2 M exclusive colours available for M5 in Europe.

presumably those 2 colours are also the 2 that will become available in North America. do you know what other 2 colours will also be available? thanks.

by the way, Euro M5 is also available in Black Sapphire,? but that's not on your list. i really hope this means CarbonBlack will become one of the standard colour.
[snapback]122351[/snapback]
My guess would be the four colors are SepangBronz, InterlagosBlue, IndianapolisRed, and SilverstoneII.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

One thing I don't get... MB is very good at having AMG versions of their vehicles on the market at the same time as the ordinary versions are introduced. Why does BMW wait 2-3 years to get out an M version?
Old 04-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by wolverine' date='Apr 30 2005, 08:33 PM
My guess would be the four colors are SepangBronz, InterlagosBlue, IndianapolisRed, and SilverstoneII.
[snapback]122365[/snapback]
o yes, you are right. i completely forgot the SilverstoneII.

on that basis, it seems like black is missing from the list.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Merzbow' date='Apr 30 2005, 09:12 PM
One thing I don't get... MB is very good at having AMG versions of their vehicles on the market at the same time as the ordinary versions are introduced. Why does BMW wait 2-3 years to get out an M version?
[snapback]122375[/snapback]
and there's a very good reason for that. M GmbH simply don't just stick a supercharger on Mercedes-Benz's V8 put it into any car any calls it a day.

Quick Reply: Some US M5 info.