E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

RPi's NEW GTS Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
That exhaust is made for pussies. GT is where it's at!

Old 08-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That exhaust is made for pussies. GT is where it's at!
Waiting for Tony's response to this...

Haha, guess I'm going to get targeted soon too. LOL. But I have to appease the wife, the kids (bedroom is above the garage!), the neighbors (unhappy that I set off 2 car alarms on cold start in the morning before 8am). GT sounds beautiful. Hopefully GTS reduces it just enough to reduce my stress and nothing more.

Also the GT has exposed some interior rattling sounds which are annoying. Found two already but can't find the third. One is the buttons on the computer stem on the left side of the steering wheel (bc, check, etc). Those buttons are rattling at certain levels of low hz sound from the exhaust. The second is covering around the rear view mirror mount. It's creaking a bit at certain RPM. There's a third on the passenger side somewhere but I have yet to find it.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

GT is for folks over compensating for their lack of manhood.

The GTS still has a lot of grunt John, just less drone which is more than welcomed.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 (Sepang Bronze/Natural Brown) Eisenmann Exhaust with Miesterchaft Sections 1 & 2 Evosport Headers Evosport Pulley RPi Scoops & Block Off Plates with BMC Filters Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 20" Breyton Race CS in Polished Silver

Can I play too?
Old 08-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 530i (non sport)...an all stock virgin, but not for long ;)

Originally Posted by RPIpower
Here is the first video of our GTS exhaust for the M5. Same power as the popular GT but with a 20% reduction in drone and low hz volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skaHPnSkP1M

OMGGGGGGGGGG that is sooooo sexyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by AngelSlayer
Waiting for Tony's response to this...

Haha, guess I'm going to get targeted soon too. LOL. But I have to appease the wife, the kids (bedroom is above the garage!), the neighbors (unhappy that I set off 2 car alarms on cold start in the morning before 8am). GT sounds beautiful. Hopefully GTS reduces it just enough to reduce my stress and nothing more.

Also the GT has exposed some interior rattling sounds which are annoying. Found two already but can't find the third. One is the buttons on the computer stem on the left side of the steering wheel (bc, check, etc). Those buttons are rattling at certain levels of low hz sound from the exhaust. The second is covering around the rear view mirror mount. It's creaking a bit at certain RPM. There's a third on the passenger side somewhere but I have yet to find it.
Tony is a fuckin' pussy and I have a wife and kid too and a bedroom above the garage. Blah, blah, blah.

I have zero rattling and just drive around with pure bliss. GTS is for Tony the VAGINA!!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
GT is for folks over compensating for their lack of manhood.

The GTS still has a lot of grunt John, just less drone which is more than welcomed.
I guess the Dynamat I laid works really well, because my car hums, not drones -- you pussy!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

HAHAHAHA! Just wait till you come here next time to have dinner at Boiling Crab. Going to put some laxatives in your garlic butter sauce right before you board your red-eye flight home.

You forget I have headers too so my car was as loud as it can get.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:06 AM
Members

Tony is a fuckin' pussy and I have a wife and kid too and a bedroom above the garage. Blah, blah, blah.

I have zero rattling and just drive around with pure bliss. GTS is for Tony the VAGINA!!!!
LOL, wait.. not funny.. i'm joining that camp shortly... We'll see what the difference is. I was going to make a video and put it up showing GTS vs GT. If I don't feel good about the volume change, I'll just switch back to GT. In the mornings the loudness bothers me (because it bothers everyone around me) but then after I'm out of my neighborhood it's pure awesomeness! Wish I could have a button ... on/off ...

HAHAHAHA! Just wait till you come here next time to have dinner at Boiling Crab. Going to put some laxatives in your garlic butter sauce right before you board your red-eye flight home.

Damn Tony.. (ignore comment about headers... ignore comment about headers)...
Old 09-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Contributors

Headers are gay.

Quick Reply: RPi's NEW GTS Exhaust