E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Pulley's

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by cbpmark
With that said RPI it is!!) Ill be adding the GT exhaust and tune shortly as well. Thanks all for your real world info on products.
We have the pulley's in stock ready to ship You can email me at joe@trinityautosport.com

Have a great weekend!
Old 12-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by cbpmark
Thanks all, wow this post went a few different directions I was just simply asking can you really see 10-15 HP gains from a underdrive pulley? I usually dont trust companies stating HP gains - but knowing RPI and using the products currently - I am sure that the dyno numbers are correct. With that said RPI it is!!) Ill be adding the GT exhaust and tune shortly as well. Thanks all for your real world info on products.

BTW whoever on this board is from RPI great development on the scoops, seems others are cheating off your design. Any thoughts on a East Coast shop??!! $$$$ would come a rollin in....
We have dealers all over the country and around the globe. Also, I dont know if you knew but we started off in the east coast but man, that weather is brutal.

As for dyno claims on a pulley here are some factors that can alter the "after dyno" after you install a pulley.

1. strap down on the car is not as tight as before resulting in higher hp numbers.
2. car has cooled down since baseline run
3. tire pressures are different than baseline run

Those are 3 common issues I find from other companies "testing their product". Most of it is for marketing and they dont really care about knowing the truth for themselves or their customers. When dyno testing, it all comes down to experience on the dyno and INTEGRITY.

With that, on an eddy current dyno like ours which measures hp/tq by actual resistance, the pulley hardly translates to actual engine hp. On an accelerometer like a dynojet, mustang, etc. which measures tq based on how fast your car accelerates the dyno drum (a calculation relative to your engine rpm then gives you a HP number). The pulley helps acceleration thats why you see a difference in hp with a pulley on some dynos. Most of the time, a pulley change on our dyno might show 0-5hp difference which could be from other factors. This is why I bring up the point about our customers winning races. Afterall, dont we want to beat the other guy in the other lane?
Old 12-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Senior Members

after reading all of this i guess just to be safe its going to have to be RPI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Members

while you guys are discussing the topic, if you don't mind me asking.
what is with this pulley? they changes 2 pulleys instead of 1 that all other company uses.

Macht Schnell ? e60 M5 & e6x M6 S85 Performance Underdrive Pulleys

Free additional power to your S85 M5/M6?s rear wheels without sacrificing or compromising your BMW?s reliability.

Machined from 6061-T6 aerospace aluminum, Macht Schnell Performance Underdrive Pulleys are strong as well as lightweight to limit parasitic drag from the accessories within a moderate level for maximum performance on or off the track. After machining and engraving, pulleys are then T3 hard anodized for additional strength, anti-corrosion & wear resistance.

Our DualDrive design replaces the Crank Accessory & Power Steering Pulleys, resulting in a 18-20 HP and 16-20ft. lbs TQ gain from reduction in power required to turn accessories and an increase in accessories lifespan due to lower speed. All factory harmonics/balancing are undisturbed.

Macht Schnell Performance Underdrive Pulleys have no negative effect on accessory operation and come fully equipped with new belts.

Performance Underdrive Pulleys Features:
- DualDrive design allows maximum performance, with minor affect on accessory speed
- Proper cooling temperatures are retained at proper levels on or off the track
- Maintains proper alternator speed, allowing sustained levels to sensitive control modules
- Machined from 6061-T6 aerospace aluminum
- T3 Hard-Anodized for maximum strength and corrosion/wear resistance
- No affects to crankshaft dampening or harmonics
- Includes heavy duty fasteners
- Simple bolt-on installation
Old 12-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

Originally Posted by ninjaboy
while you guys are discussing the topic, if you don't mind me asking.
what is with this pulley? they changes 2 pulleys instead of 1 that all other company uses.

Macht Schnell ? e60 M5 & e6x M6 S85 Performance Underdrive Pulleys

Free additional power to your S85 M5/M6?s rear wheels without sacrificing or compromising your BMW?s reliability.

Machined from 6061-T6 aerospace aluminum, Macht Schnell Performance Underdrive Pulleys are strong as well as lightweight to limit parasitic drag from the accessories within a moderate level for maximum performance on or off the track. After machining and engraving, pulleys are then T3 hard anodized for additional strength, anti-corrosion & wear resistance.

Our DualDrive design replaces the Crank Accessory & Power Steering Pulleys, resulting in a 18-20 HP and 16-20ft. lbs TQ gain from reduction in power required to turn accessories and an increase in accessories lifespan due to lower speed. All factory harmonics/balancing are undisturbed.

Macht Schnell Performance Underdrive Pulleys have no negative effect on accessory operation and come fully equipped with new belts.

Performance Underdrive Pulleys Features:
- DualDrive design allows maximum performance, with minor affect on accessory speed
- Proper cooling temperatures are retained at proper levels on or off the track
- Maintains proper alternator speed, allowing sustained levels to sensitive control modules
- Machined from 6061-T6 aerospace aluminum
- T3 Hard-Anodized for maximum strength and corrosion/wear resistance
- No affects to crankshaft dampening or harmonics
- Includes heavy duty fasteners
- Simple bolt-on installation

every pulley for the m5 is a dual drive pulley... they are just using it as a marketing scheme to make theirs seem different... your stock pulley is a dual drive pulley as well...
Old 12-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skunkd
every pulley for the m5 is a dual drive pulley... they are just using it as a marketing scheme to make theirs seem different... your stock pulley is a dual drive pulley as well...
Yep, that crank pulley is driving two belts. Most places will word things a certain way to make it seem better. Its the same way they word things after the copied our scoops.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Agency Power Headers are $3K. RPi headers are $7K. Why? You get the performance, sounds, and most importantly quality. By no means am I saying Agency Power is cheap stuff but why does one cost more than the other? There's got to be a good reason right? A pulley is not just a pulley. Difference in material and location of manufactury makes a HUGE difference.

30% isn't for daily driving. If you're putting on 30%, you better know exactly what you're doing and whatever is going on.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
Agency Power Headers are $3K. RPi headers are $7K. Why? You get the performance, sounds, and most importantly quality. By no means am I saying Agency Power is cheap stuff but why does one cost more than the other? There's got to be a good reason right? A pulley is not just a pulley. Difference in material and location of manufactury makes a HUGE difference.

30% isn't for daily driving. If you're putting on 30%, you better know exactly what you're doing and whatever is going on.
Thanks John

Also, we are working on a set of headers that shares the same internals as our GT headers but doesnt give you the option of bolting on your stock cats anymore. We are aiming for this version to be in the $3500 price range. To RPi customers: Happy Hunting
Old 12-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Members

that brand actually gives you 2 pulley to change out instead of 1 that other company gives you. is RPI and other brand gives you 2 pieces of pulley to be changed out?
Old 12-22-2010, 06:39 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by RPIpower
Thanks John

Also, we are working on a set of headers that shares the same internals as our GT headers but doesnt give you the option of bolting on your stock cats anymore. We are aiming for this version to be in the $3500 price range. To RPi customers: Happy Hunting

Hurry up Eloy!!! Sign me up!!!!!! And I gotta hurry up and got the shop opened.