5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 M5 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-m5-discussion-3/)
-   -   Perforated Seats Lumbar support? (https://5series.net/forums/e60-m5-discussion-3/perforated-seats-lumbar-support-73681/)

jyeh74 03-29-2009 05:35 PM

I have tested the 20-way multifunction seats with active width adjustment on the M5. It's awesome how the side lumbar supports you and moves up when you are making twists and turns. But on the upgraded perforated merino leather seats, can you also have the active width adjustment? Or do you have to sacrifice plush seating for lumbar support?

t.cov 03-29-2009 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by jyeh74' post='830082' date='Mar 29 2009, 05:35 PM
I have tested the 20-way multifunction seats with active width adjustment on the M5. It's awesome how the side lumbar supports you and moves up when you are making twists and turns. But on the upgraded perforated merino leather seats, can you also have the active width adjustment? Or do you have to sacrifice plush seating for lumbar support?

I have the perforated leather (comes with active ventilation as well) and I still have a button on the console to vary lumbar support. I think this is what you are asking.

Westcoast M5 03-29-2009 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by jyeh74' post='830082' date='Mar 29 2009, 06:35 PM

The M multifunction comfort seats have it all!!!

C's Bimmer 03-29-2009 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by jyeh74' post='830082' date='Mar 29 2009, 09:35 PM

You get it all and it is the best. I love all the features that these seats have in my car. Do it!

jyeh74 03-30-2009 07:54 AM

thanks guys! I just thougth that the perforated looked VERY plush and did not wrap around the body like the 20-way multifunctionals do, so was not sure if they had active width adjustments.

Do the standard 14-way seats (no upgrade) offer active width adjustments?

C's Bimmer 03-30-2009 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by jyeh74' post='830575' date='Mar 30 2009, 11:54 AM
thanks guys! I just thougth that the perforated looked VERY plush and did not wrap around the body like the 20-way multifunctionals do, so was not sure if they had active width adjustments.

Do the standard 14-way seats (no upgrade) offer active width adjustments?

I have the perforated AND the 20-Way seats. It has it all! :devil: The active side bolsters is a standard feature on the M5. It kind of has to be.

Kuat 03-30-2009 12:48 PM

i have the ventilated comfort seats

IMO, it's a 'must have' option

:thumbsup:

jyeh74 03-31-2009 04:11 PM

thanks everyone. But does the normal 14-way seats have the active lumbar support? If you look at this interior pic, if I remember correctly, there is usually a button next to the heated seats button that has lumbar support. I do not see it on this car.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;j...mp;aff=national

jyeh74 04-02-2009 04:36 PM

How do you tell if its 14-way or 20-way seats? Do they look the same?

I remember that there is a button right next to the heated seats button,......I think that was for lumbar adjustment, but not sure. It is missing on this silverstone.

DrLev99 04-04-2009 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by jyeh74' post='834618' date='Apr 2 2009, 08:36 PM
How do you tell if its 14-way or 20-way seats? Do they look the same?

I remember that there is a button right next to the heated seats button,......I think that was for lumbar adjustment, but not sure. It is missing on this silverstone.

I think you mean active side bolsters. There is no active lumbar. The standard M-seats look like Sport seats and have an "M" on the headrest. They usually come with active side bolsters.

The comfort seats that are ventilated (only seats you can get with ventilation) also have the active side bolsters, but they don't have the "sportier" look of the standard seats. They are basically the same seats as the comfort seats in the 5 or 7-series, but with the active bolsters for the "M experience."

You'd be hard pressed to not find an M5 or M6 without the active side bolsters, regardless of which seat is installed.