E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

#OperationV10

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

new list of mods for the summer as i prep to start taking my car to shows representing #mattelife:

• 21" super concave 3 piece wheels....im leaning twd Cor forged but considering DPE & HRE too
  • Lowering springs (still need to get these installed smh)
  • Window Tint - i need a good shop recommendation here in LA - though i might just do it myself
  • Side Skirt version 2.0 this time in real carbon fiber - found a local fabricator to handle this one for me should be cool!
  • New front splitter design - custom design by me, fabricated locally in full CF
  • LCI headlights - i dont think im going to black them out or do orions...just clean OEM look w/ some 10w led AEs
  • CF + gloss black interior wrap - i might also have it fabricated into real CF...but not sure yet
  • Meistershaft GT2 exhaust....damn i still need this, bad.
  • RPI Pulley Install - i need a local shop in LA still
  • Custom JME rear bumper (?) Justin really has me thinking that the rear bumper and front bumper need to go 'next level' we will see what the budget allows lol
  • CIC retrofit - why the hell not if budget allows and i find a good deal w/o the price gouging on coding
Attached Thumbnails #OperationV10-high-up-shot.jpg  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Now I'm definitely hooked in this thread .

- Antti -
Old 06-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by umichchris
new list of mods for the summer as i prep to start taking my car to shows representing #mattelife:

• 21" super concave 3 piece wheels....im leaning twd Cor forged but considering DPE & HRE too
  • Lowering springs (still need to get these installed smh)
  • Window Tint - i need a good shop recommendation here in LA - though i might just do it myself
  • Side Skirt version 2.0 this time in real carbon fiber - found a local fabricator to handle this one for me should be cool!
  • New front splitter design - custom design by me, fabricated locally in full CF
  • LCI headlights - i dont think im going to black them out or do orions...just clean OEM look w/ some 10w led AEs
  • CF + gloss black interior wrap - i might also have it fabricated into real CF...but not sure yet
  • Meistershaft GT2 exhaust....damn i still need this, bad.
  • RPI Pulley Install - i need a local shop in LA still
  • Custom JME rear bumper (?) Justin really has me thinking that the rear bumper and front bumper need to go 'next level' we will see what the budget allows lol
  • CIC retrofit - why the hell not if budget allows and i find a good deal w/o the price gouging on coding
Hey Chris, that is a great set of mods. For most I'd hit up Nerweezy of Trinity Autosport. They can either do all the work or have the right connections to get things done for you. You're in LA now, you have choices.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Window Tint - I would recommend this place. Took 4 of our family cars here and they do a great job. Unlike other places that work on stereos and small mods, this place ONLY does tinting all day long.

See reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/signature-gl...ing-costa-mesa

Life time warranty. Even if you scratch the inside tint and peels off, they will replace it free. My sister accidently scratched hers with her nail and was replaced free no questions asked.

You would have to make an appointment. Normally you see high end cars there.

Downside is that it is a little expensive. I paid $215 for mine and family members got 10% discount subsequently. The film is pre-cut from a machine with laser (not by hand) - edges of you window will be very clean.

Since you are great at DIY, you could try it too. Good luck with all the mods.

Watch out for the pot holes on the freeways in LA.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Senior Members

sexiest beast on four wheels
Attached Thumbnails #OperationV10-car-wash.jpg  
Old 06-26-2012, 08:19 AM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by leese8080
Life time warranty. Even if you scratch the inside tint and peels off, they will replace it free. My sister accidently scratched hers with her nail and was replaced free no questions asked.

Downside is that it is a little expensive. I paid $215 for mine and family members got 10% discount subsequently.
#WestCoastProblems

Any rinky dink shop on the east coast charges up to $300 for a full tint and no free replacement warranty.
I was able to find a guy to do a really good job for $180 but no warranty and definitely not laser cut lol.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525xi led ae's, magnaflow exhaust, k&n filter, carbon filter delete, 19" BBS LM-R. Sprint booster, black tails, euro fresh headlight decals.

Originally Posted by umichchris
sexiest beast on four wheels
I'm pretty sure I'm in love!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Senior Members

the next project......

(def not doing orions though)

#OperationV10-photo.jpg
Old 06-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Contributors

Old 06-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Senior Members

got tired of the orion look already chris?

Quick Reply: #OperationV10