E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

#OperationV10

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 08:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sick bro, im in for a set too! can't wait to see yours installed! oh and the front lip too!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by umichchris
No worries...the days of asshole body shops charging $1,000 for a set are about to be over sir. I'm designing a set that should be affordable for us all!!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

The wheels look fantastic! Great job on them. I know exactly how you feel about the before and after.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

The wheels look fantastic! Great job on them. I know exactly how you feel about the before and after.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Just ordered my Orions today from Umnitza....they told me they could get them shipped to me in time for me to install them for my shoot this weekend....keep ur fingers crossed for me! should be the fastest Orion2 V2 + Ehssan blackout method ever performed lol

im going to go total black out a la DKnewyork (thanks for the inspiration brother) and what i think will be a nice touch of lighted yellow but not painted (thus removable) but we will see...

other updates, wheels still curing/drying so they wont be on for a few days, template work for the 1 of 1 side skirt extensions underway and should be dropped off at the machine shop in the morning...ordering CF wrap for the pieces today....still gotta find someone to put my springs on or invest in the right tools....this will be a super busy week!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Just ordered my Orions today from Umnitza....they told me they could get them shipped to me in time for me to install them for my shoot this weekend....keep ur fingers crossed for me! should be the fastest Orion2 V2 + Ehssan blackout method ever performed lol

im going to go total black out a la DKnewyork (thanks for the inspiration brother) and what i think will be a nice touch of lighted yellow but not painted (thus removable) but we will see...

other updates, wheels still curing/drying so they wont be on for a few days, template work for the 1 of 1 side skirt extensions underway and should be dropped off at the machine shop in the morning...ordering CF wrap for the pieces today....still gotta find someone to put my springs on or invest in the right tools....this will be a super busy week!

Hey Chris, what are you making the extensions from? If it's aluminum I might be able to help out.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Senior Members

well i investigated a few different materials....i started off with fiberglass, then pvc plastic....but i wanted something strong that would withstand rocks flying up when im going 150+mph on the freeway (the car does it by itself....not me officer i swear).

so i netted out on a bulletproof clear plastic....its a bit more pricey but im getting it done at a shop that specializes in making bullet proof enclosures for Cabs and liquor stores (hey its like that out here in detroit). the plastic is not thick enough to truly be bullet proof its about 6mil in thickness so just about right aesthetically....plus it will still be pretty light.

aluminum does sound promising....perhaps for V2 ill give it a shot
Old 04-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Senior Members

hot dayummm!!! chris can't wait to see whats next bradah!!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Senior Members

random updates:

here is a pic of my 166 wheel in matte army green lol......dont worry, thats the color of the self etching primer coats that go on before the gloss black and the final two-part clear coat

#OperationV10-photo-88-.jpg

here are some shots of the new CF extensions....what do you guys think? .....oh by CF extensions i probably should have mentioned that CF = Cardboard Fiber right?

#OperationV10-photo-87-.jpg

#OperationV10-photo-90-.jpg

ok ok, just joking lol. thats mid-way through the process with auto-paint tape then later i used pin striping tape to get the lines right and make some cardboard mock-ups for the machine shop to use as a guide. i dropped them off this morning and ordered the CF wrap yesterday as well. we should be good to go by thursday or friday at the latest....i already have some ideas in mind for version 2.0....really excited about these new ideas.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

random updates:

here is a pic of my 166 wheel in matte army green lol......dont worry, thats the color of the self etching primer coats that go on before the gloss black and the final two-part clear coat

Attachment 131887

here are some shots of the new CF extensions....what do you guys think? .....oh by CF extensions i probably should have mentioned that CF = Cardboard Fiber right?

Attachment 131885

Attachment 131886

ok ok, just joking lol. thats mid-way through the process with auto-paint tape then later i used pin striping tape to get the lines right and make some cardboard mock-ups for the machine shop to use as a guide. i dropped them off this morning and ordered the CF wrap yesterday as well. we should be good to go by thursday or friday at the latest....i already have some ideas in mind for version 2.0....really excited about these new ideas.

chris, if you can, make me a set as well?

Quick Reply: #OperationV10