E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

#OperationV10

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

ok here are a few updates....

after another test fit of the spare project headlight....im not going to use the yellow accents in my headlights.

the color combo even after minimalizing the yellow accents was still too much to me...i dont want anything taking away from the satin metallic finish as it is the key design element. take a look...let me know your thoughts.

(yes, my RPI scoops are modeled after the air intakes on fighter jets, yes i know its dorky....yes it looks cool as shit, yes i designed it myself using Adobe photoshop and Illustrator...yes you can copy the idea because its so awesome lol....to me at least)

#OperationV10-photo-72-.jpg

#OperationV10-photo-76-.jpg

i really took my time with the front bumper trimming out all the key components first, making its less possible for lifting or any major issues later on...plus it looks a lot cleaner when completed. the brake air duct inlet, the lower air dam, the headlight surrounds, etc. also note that the bumper support bars are color matched matte metallic as well...very small but something that stands out in person

#OperationV10-photo-75-.jpg

i painted my grills gloss black when i first got the car....but the paint chipped. so i acquired another set of OEM grills (thanks MotorcityM3!) and wrapped them gloss black with vinyl (yes this can be done lol) and painted the slats matte black....looks amazing! youve gotta see it in person to really appreciate it.

#OperationV10-photo-73-.jpg

and here is a peek at the (near) final version. look at that HOOD! i love it so much lol !

#OperationV10-photo-74-.jpg
Old 03-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

I always wondered, do the parking sensors work under vinyl? I wish I had the know how and skill to do that I want to change the color of my car cause I'm bored... lol
Old 03-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Senior Members

nope. they work just fine. you've gotta get in there w/ the heat gun and make sure you get out any air pockets and make sure its all flush. but they still work 100%.

too bad youre not in the midwest or out in SoCal....id hook u up dude! before year's end im going to swap out the color one more time....probably something totally f#ckin crazy to really turn heads in LA....something thats kinda hard to do out there lol

Originally Posted by skunkd
I always wondered, do the parking sensors work under vinyl? I wish I had the know how and skill to do that I want to change the color of my car cause I'm bored... lol
Old 03-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Senior Members

I wanna do like Frozen Blue or just get that satin guard vinyl that turns any factory paint into a matte finish.

somethin like this
Old 03-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Senior Members

I f'in love it, don't you dare go with matte black this looks special you just to to customize it right with the right accents and rims. as far as the yellow in the lights go I'm glad you are tossing that idea it looks good by it self but doesn't match your car color I like the concept and while I still think your should try it I don't know what color to suggest trying. with that said nice wrapping. keep up the good work. I don't know if you already moved to socal but if you get there on time maybe you can get some ideas from mfest
Old 03-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Senior Members

I love the updates on the car, very tasteful
Old 03-22-2012, 02:59 AM
Members

damn dude that looks awesome. I thought you were going the LCI route for the heads and tails. I'm still searching for some myself.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:12 AM
Senior Members

F T M F W !

#OperationV10-photo-77-.jpg

(zoom in on the pic and look at the gloss grills, color matched bumper supports, i love it!)

#OperationV10-photo-78-.jpg

the rear bumper was a mofo to wrap...but luckily trimming out all the key curves & indents first was the easy way to get it done with a clean professional look while still retaining my sanity lol
Old 03-22-2012, 06:39 AM
Senior Members

Looks amazing your making my want to keep my m5 til it explodes instead of trading it in for a new car!!!! Damn I need to find a reputable vinyl shop around long island NY haha
Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

your attention to detail and patience with getting all this vinyl work done is trull exemplary my brother. That looks great.

Quick Reply: #OperationV10