E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

need some help with some mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 02:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After replacing my stock exhaust to dinan exhaust(got it for free thanks to my friend ), i have an itch to do more mods to it. I was thinking of doing the RPI air ram kit with the block off plates. Not sure if it really works but not an expensive mod so im gonna go along with it. i was also thinking of doing the RPI st pully kit. was wondering if there were any problems doing this mod down the line. Also if there are any other mods i can do that are not too pricy let me know. Im gonna do the carbon fiber wrap for the interior since i have the wood trim which i hate, probably gonna do the roof as well. last mod which i think is the most important one are the wheels. I could have gotten my friends dinan wheels but i passed on them since i dont like the design and they were 19s. I was thinking of getting the 20" AC Schnitzer type V wheels and was wondering if anyone has or could find a pic of them on silver grey M5. please if you have any suggestions on other wheels let me know
Old 03-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Senior Members

Sounds like a good starting point. Be sure to take some pictures.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Contributors

get the RPi/ESS Tune. I just got it a few days ago and all i can say is
Old 03-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Contributors

https://5series.net/forums/topic/955...ss-tune-today/
Old 03-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pokerjunkie
After replacing my stock exhaust to dinan exhaust(got it for free thanks to my friend ), i have an itch to do more mods to it. I was thinking of doing the RPI air ram kit with the block off plates. Not sure if it really works but not an expensive mod so im gonna go along with it. i was also thinking of doing the RPI st pully kit. was wondering if there were any problems doing this mod down the line. Also if there are any other mods i can do that are not too pricy let me know. Im gonna do the carbon fiber wrap for the interior since i have the wood trim which i hate, probably gonna do the roof as well. last mod which i think is the most important one are the wheels. I could have gotten my friends dinan wheels but i passed on them since i dont like the design and they were 19s. I was thinking of getting the 20" AC Schnitzer type V wheels and was wondering if anyone has or could find a pic of them on silver grey M5. please if you have any suggestions on other wheels let me know
Sound like my car :-) both wheel and mods. Let me dig some old pics with ACS Type V.

Edit: ops!!! check out my avatar

I have basically full RPI Stage 2 plus 100-shot nitrous (RPI headers, full GT exhaust, pulley, oilcooler, ecu remapped, ram-air scoop/bmc filter). Hope i didn't miss anything.

For other mods, I have
-ACS Type V 20x9 and 20x10 (255/35/20 and 285/30/20)
-KWv3 coilover
-Vorsteiner: Double-sided CF, decklid.
-Carbon interior trim
-ACS relica front splitter and rear diffusor (perfect fitment after $$$$)
-RPI Custom 100-shot nitrous direct-port

For best bang for a buck mods, get ram-air scoop/filter, pulley, and ecu. To make it robust and practical, get the oilcooler. The oilcooler will help a lot in the real world performance. You might have a good dyno number, if you can't repeat over and over, it useless. I went to the Fomosa track and did 40+ quarter miles pulls within in 2.5 hrs with good buddied who is my twin M5 and did 40+ pulls in the same period of time. People tend to overlook the cooling system, but it paid dividend with good invest on the mods.

Hope this help ;-)
Old 03-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Members

I will defenitely get the rpi scoops, filters, block off plates, pulley and probably the ess tune. Im still not sure on the wheels since im very picky about the wheels. the acs type V looked really good on the e92 m3 but kind of doesnt do it for me on the m5. Any suggestions are welcomed, thanks for the input guys