E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

MY NEW M5 REPLICA - E60!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='445660' date='Jul 10 2007, 10:04 AM
Perhaps you are all right! But let's give the guy some credit, i think it looks nice! Not an actual M5 but in his defense he did state that they were m5 replica mods!
I agree with you on this. I'm sure there are a lot of posers out there that wouldn't admit it. From my standpoint, it just doesn't make much financial sense to do all this work (time and money spent) when it could have gone to the real deal. Had a buddy who spent $40k to get his 993 supercharged w/ all necessary parts rebuilt t get some 400-425bhp out of it - car costed him $50k. Had a lot of issues with driveability and went back to the shop 4 times in the past 6 months - once even breaking down on the freeway. Too much headache if you ask me.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone Waiting

Originally Posted by BMW ///M 525xi' post='431490' date='Jun 3 2007, 03:54 PM
Well, you asked for some replies on 'incorrect' things then i have 3 things to tell you on which i can see it are non ///M5's on the pics i see:

1. The real M5's have a trunklid finisher

2. Neither of your rims are exact copies of the OEM style 166's. I can still see it are replica's.

3. Ok detail or it could be a mod on the real M5's too, i know: but the front grill isn't correct either.

Otherwise very good copies indeed, what quad setup is that?
Bien vue mon frere
Old 07-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 535d M-Sport Individual. Moonstone with extended Platinum Leather, Professional Nav, Piano Black Trim, HUD plus other stuff like 20" Hartge Classic 2's!

I too really don't see the point of trying to make something look like something it clearly isn't and never will be.

An M5 is an M5, and unless you put an M5 engine, interior, suspension, body styling and exhaust on a non M5 - what's the point? Even if you did that... what's the point?

I think an individual look that not many other E60 drivers have would be more credible. Although i can afford an M5, i chose the 535d as i didn't want to commit to the finance payments! - but still put some wheels on and have a couple of Schnitzer bits on order to make it Individual to me. Modifying and tuning is all about being individual, not mindlessly copying a set format.

Although i think some of the cars owned by members on here are a bit too over-done (only my personal opinion), i still really admire them for being individual and imaginative. However, aping an M5 (not very well) is a waste of money! Try pressing the right hand pedal as hard as you can, and watch the guy who thinks he's racing an M5 laugh at the rapidly-decreasing-in-size E60 through his rear view mirror!

Lee
Old 07-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

This "replica" thing is how You see it! They make replicas of the cars like Porsche 550 Spyder. Is that right? It is if You not try to make people believe that it's original.

All those replicas a.k.a copys about vintage or high price super cars are same than wannabe M5. Fun for the owner but NOT original.

Would You take Your 550 Spyder or 427 S/C cobra to track and push it hard every weekend or keep it side of road ahead of Your house?

Maybe e60 M5 is not YET (never) at the same level, but some people like to have something to show!

I would put all that money to the engine and suspension performance. I like more go than show.

Just my 2cent.

Skaffa
Old 07-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Members

Could you please talk about prices?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, Nav, Logic 7, sport pkg, premium pkg, sport seats, Hoen fogs, rear LED tail lights, super white license bulbs, heated front and rear seats, M-tech front and rear bumper covers, M5 trunks spoiler and finisher. Desiring euro xenon headlights.

I don't care what anyone says, that car will turn heads ANYWERE! Also, if there's a twin-turbo six or V8 under the hood, he's gonna be dusting off a lot of opponents. What happens if he tweaks the motor with a chip, CAI, and/ or other mods? M5 speed at a 550i price. Let's not forget that insurance is cheaper for a 5er than a M5.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:40 AM
Senior Members

How much can you supply m5 mirrors for?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Senior Members

I have a question for some of the people making negative statements on this post.. Do you think it is ok to put lets say a Hamann badge on a 5er if all the owner has is a Hamann body kit and no engine mods ect. ?

It seems alot of people are not as opinionated with "badgeing" aftermarket companies like Hamann, ACS, Alpina, Dinon..
M-technik is also an aftermarket company just like AMG for MB and Hamann, ACS, Brabus the list goes on and on.

So why is it that people care SO much if somone puts an M badge on their car if they have a full M body kit?

all that aside I don't really care for "badgeing" myself I just want to know what you guys think... ???
Old 08-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Titanium Silver 545i - Steptronic, OEM BMW-Aero Kit, Remus Sport Exhaust System, Black Dakota Leather, Sport/Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear Sun Shades, Front and Rear Park Distance Control, Voice Command, Logic 7 Premium Sound, Active Steering, Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Shadowline Trim.

Originally Posted by sideeffects' post='456617' date='Aug 8 2007, 11:02 AM
I have a question for some of the people making negative statements on this post.. Do you think it is ok to put lets say a Hamann badge on a 5er if all the owner has is a Hamann body kit and no engine mods ect. ?

It seems alot of people are not as opinionated with "badgeing" aftermarket companies like Hamann, ACS, Alpina, Dinon..
M-technik is also an aftermarket company just like AMG for MB and Hamann, ACS, Brabus the list goes on and on.

So why is it that people care SO much if somone puts an M badge on their car if they have a full M body kit?

all that aside I don't really care for "badgeing" myself I just want to know what you guys think... ???
I think you are misinterpreting what the "M" badge stands for. BMW reserves this badge for performance tuned automobiles produced by their Motorsport division. The "M" badge was not meant to designate a specific item such as a rear deck spoiler or a body kit. Putting an "M" badge on a non-motorsport produced vehicle is like putting a Gucci label on a cheap replica.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Looks hot just don't let a new hyundai blow your doors it will make us all look bad.

Quick Reply: MY NEW M5 REPLICA - E60!!!