E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

M5 AVAILABLE IN HOUSTON!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You had to know this would happen. Same will happen with the M6 and M3. There will be a few people who have to have the very first one and sign up on the list and pay 10k premium to the dealer. They create artificial demand which leads to dealers saying there is a 2 year wait, and all that crap. Now 3 months into the car being available they can be readily had at sticker or below. All you M6 guys just wait it out. There is not going to be a 2 year wait. If you want one you will get it.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by silver bullet' post='248690' date='Mar 2 2006, 12:25 PM
You had to know this would happen. Same will happen with the M6 and M3. There will be a few people who have to have the very first one and sign up on the list and pay 10k premium to the dealer. They create artificial demand which leads to dealers saying there is a 2 year wait, and all that crap. Now 3 months into the car being available they can be readily had at sticker or below. All you M6 guys just wait it out. There is not going to be a 2 year wait. If you want one you will get it.
What is the MSRP on the M6?
I came across it once and remember it being ridiculously high. I also remember a friend saying something like, "I would rather have a Porsche Turbo for that kind of money."
Old 03-02-2006, 06:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='248735' date='Mar 2 2006, 03:32 PM
What is the MSRP on the M6?
I came across it once and remember it being ridiculously high. I also remember a friend saying something like, "I would rather have a Porsche Turbo for that kind of money."

The sticker on the M6 is 97k. At least that is what I saw on the one at the Houston car show. I cannot believe that this car has been around forever and you still cannot "build your own" on bmwusa.com. All the momentum and hype of this car is gone. Everyone knows everything about it, and it has yet to even reach the states. NOt to mention every car affeciionado has seen the 911S with over 100 HP less than the M6 bury the M6 on the track in Top Gear. There is no real incentive to be excited about the M6 any longer. THey simply waited too long, and the hype is wasted sue to the ridiculous wait.

There was a bit of that with the M5 too. I was possibly looking at the M5, but the whole hassle and the dealer telling me there is a 2 year wait, and possibly a markup, etc I just said the hell with it and bought something else. I lvoe the m5, and will have one at some point. The wait, hype and hassle led to a somewhat anti climatic situation for me. We still have BMW's, and I am about to buy the wife an X5 so we love BMW. I was just disappointed in the M5/M6 release situation.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Originally Posted by silver bullet' post='248951' date='Mar 2 2006, 10:05 PM
The sticker on the M6 is 97k. At least that is what I saw on the one at the Houston car show. I cannot believe that this car has been around forever and you still cannot "build your own" on bmwusa.com. All the momentum and hype of this car is gone. Everyone knows everything about it, and it has yet to even reach the states. NOt to mention every car affeciionado has seen the 911S with over 100 HP less than the M6 bury the M6 on the track in Top Gear. There is no real incentive to be excited about the M6 any longer. THey simply waited too long, and the hype is wasted sue to the ridiculous wait.

There was a bit of that with the M5 too. I was possibly looking at the M5, but the whole hassle and the dealer telling me there is a 2 year wait, and possibly a markup, etc I just said the hell with it and bought something else. I lvoe the m5, and will have one at some point. The wait, hype and hassle led to a somewhat anti climatic situation for me. We still have BMW's, and I am about to buy the wife an X5 so we love BMW. I was just disappointed in the M5/M6 release situation.

In europe conversion from swiss frank to dollars for M6 is well over 100k USD .....
Old 03-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525d Touring; Black-Sapphire; Black Dakota Leather; Steptronic; Navigation System Business; Roofbars; Power Glass moonroof; Power seats with Driver memory, Heated front seats; PDC-Park Distance Control; Xenon Headlights with Adaptive Light Control; Radio Professional with 6 Disc CD-Charger in Glovebox;

Originally Posted by xexyus' post='249463' date='Mar 3 2006, 11:15 PM
In europe conversion from swiss frank to dollars for M6 is well over 100k USD .....

Well, yesterdays list price in Germany (before the new price list jumps out in March 15th) was 108.500 EUR, base price, without any Optionals.
At the last Friday exchange rates (0,84 EUR/USD), that brings us to USD 129k.

I've heard that since Porsche was able to protect itself againt the current low USD exchange rates, it might make sense to re-import new ones from USA to EU, specially if you are able to buy them tax free and with EU specifications. Can it also be done with BMW's??
Old 03-12-2006, 10:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

People are starting to buy the new m5s below MSRP now... those dealers that charging premium mark-ups should realize what's the reality now.