E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

lowering springs for M5

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up my new M5 and parked it right next to my soon to return 550i and realize the M5 seems to sit higher than the 550. The 550 looks good on aftermarket wheels without lowering it. I want to know if most people lower their M5if they change the rims and what brand of springs do most people use. I prefer comfort since this is my work car and I don't race. Any suggestion and what size of rims and tire should I get?
Any input would be appreciated.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by ninjaboy
I just picked up my new M5 and parked it right next to my soon to return 550i and realize the M5 seems to sit higher than the 550. The 550 looks good on aftermarket wheels without lowering it. I want to know if most people lower their M5if they change the rims and what brand of springs do most people use. I prefer comfort since this is my work car and I don't race. Any suggestion and what size of rims and tire should I get?
Any input would be appreciated.
I have 20" on mine and it looks great. For comfort reasons most people get the Eibach Pro Kit. It really fixes the gap in the front wheel well. The H&R's lower about the same, but the ride is a little harsh compared to the Eibachs.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I prefer comfort since this is my work car and I don't race.
Give the M5 back and keep your 550.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Members

what are the price difference between the eibach and the H&R? Eurocarfan, I like your Neez wheels, that's the one I might want to put on my car.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

what are the price difference between the eibach and the H&R? Eurocarfan, I like your Neez wheels, that's the one I might want to put on my car.

Not much depending on where you buy them. I've seen Eibach's as low as $279 + shipping and I've seen H&R's as low as $299 + shipping.

In this case price should be a non-factor. You should ask yourself do you want a close to stock ride or do you want an even stiffer ride than you have now.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Members

I put my 20's on stock springs and everyone and their moms called my car a 4x4
Old 04-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Thanks for the compliment on my wheels. You might want to check M5Board to see if anyone's selling a used set. There was a set up for sale a few months ago but not sure if it sold. They're not cheap though, one of the more expensive wheels out there as they retail for about $9K a set for 20s. I was just lucky to find a used set or I would still be drooling at pictures of them. hahaha
Old 04-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

I got the Eibach springs and couldn't be happier. The ride feels just like stock

Also, if you are in the market for wheels, mine are for sale
Old 04-20-2010, 03:19 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BMWPower06
I got the Eibach springs and couldn't be happier. The ride feels just like stock

Also, if you are in the market for wheels, mine are for sale
Thanks everyone, i guess I might go with the Eibach then, and thanks for the offer on the wheels, I think I prefer a 1 piece this time since I had a set of Iforged that I just sold in the forum and just don't really want to clean the lip every other day again.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

i love the stock M5 rims.. nothing beats it IMO...

Quick Reply: lowering springs for M5