E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Looking for m5's

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Told myself I wouldn't get one but I find myself continuing to look for them. Not sure how much I could get for my current car, so I'm thinking of just buying a m5 then selling my 5 later, swapping some parts to make current one look more stock like the tails. Already have LCI on the way.

What should I look for? I located a 06 with 30k miles with warranty for 34k. I can take my buddy with me to knock down the price more. I figure the GAS is gonna suck with the m5, so I calculate my cost on gas per month will double. Any other things to look out for?
Old 03-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

besides the regular checks, try to get the one with the production date in 06 and not 05. Also check the body paint with the paint meter at a good body shop. get the service history on it from the dealership it has been serviced at, make sure that the clutch and smg pump has been changed, or else it might go soon. Alot of us with M5's have changed the Smg Clutch and pump atleast once and some people even twice within 50k miles.. GL..
Old 03-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Told myself I wouldn't get one but I find myself continuing to look for them. Not sure how much I could get for my current car, so I'm thinking of just buying a m5 then selling my 5 later, swapping some parts to make current one look more stock like the tails. Already have LCI on the way.

What should I look for? I located a 06 with 30k miles with warranty for 34k. I can take my buddy with me to knock down the price more. I figure the GAS is gonna suck with the m5, so I calculate my cost on gas per month will double. Any other things to look out for?
If you are getting a M5 look at 2007+. I wouldn't take the risk on 2006 models. Yes MPG sucks, but once you get into the car you won't car
Old 03-26-2011, 07:49 AM
Members

extended warranty.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

I'd try and get an 08 if I were you...The prices aren't that bad and plus you'll get all the LCI features...
Old 03-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skeeter
I'd try and get an 08 if I were you...The prices aren't that bad and plus you'll get all the LCI features...
Yea I might have to keep an eye out for a 08
Old 03-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Contributors

I remember this from a few months ago, but aren't you trying to save for a house? I'd get the house before you get the M... don't get me wrong, I actually was shopping for an M too, but a wise member here said to me, It doesn't make sense to have an M when you don't even have a garage of your own to park it. Since reading about you looking to buy a house, and receiving advise from a fellow member, I've saved up 20k in the bank and hopefully 30k by the end of this year. Granted 30k is MAYBE a third of a down payment for a damn fixer upper here in LA, I'm mothaF-ing motivated to buy me an M, but I need to get the garage/house first. I think you mentioned you can buy a 3 bedroom house for $100k in Texas? You guys are so lucky since my down payment will probably be the same price as a WHOLE house there!! FML..

If you already bought your house...get the 08+ LCI if you say F it and do it.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
I remember this from a few months ago, but aren't you trying to save for a house? I'd get the house before you get the M... don't get me wrong, I actually was shopping for an M too, but a wise member here said to me, It doesn't make sense to have an M when you don't even have a garage of your own to park it. Since reading about you looking to buy a house, and receiving advise from a fellow member, I've saved up 20k in the bank and hopefully 30k by the end of this year. Granted 30k is MAYBE a third of a down payment for a damn fixer upper here in LA, I'm mothaF-ing motivated to buy me an M, but I need to get the garage/house first. I think you mentioned you can buy a 3 bedroom house for $100k in Texas? You guys are so lucky since my down payment will probably be the same price as a WHOLE house there!! FML..

If you already bought your house...get the 08+ LCI if you say F it and do it.
Move to Texas man.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

I'm gonna move to Texas! No snow, no allergies, no BS tickets, and HUGE HOUSES!!!

EDIT: Totally forgot to voice my opinions. Get the LCI. Interior and exterior looks far more superior. If you get pre-LCI, it's like sitting in the same car again.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
I'm gonna move to Texas! No snow, no allergies, no BS tickets, and HUGE HOUSES!!!

EDIT: Totally forgot to voice my opinions. Get the LCI. Interior and exterior looks far more superior. If you get pre-LCI, it's like sitting in the same car again.
So sounds like its 08+ or better, may have to save a bit longer, but m5 this year for sure