E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

It's mod time!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 06:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jon good to see you again! Hope you've been well!

I've gone down a similar line to you. I went full CF with the vents and grills, CA custom made some side vents so that the entire piece is CF rather than just the 2 blades. Looks great.

I have the pulleys and scoops and they make a decent gain. I DID have the CA tune, but quite a bit of trouble. I won;t go into it here as the guys at CA are good friends. HOwever I went for the DMS remap in Southampton and that was awsome, worked a treat and they really put in the effort to to make it a custom tune. Came out at 540bhp with scoops and pulleys.

As for the exhaust I would HIGHLY recomend the supersprint system. I only came back from Italy yesterday after leaving the car there for 3 weeks while the built the worlds first right hand drve header system. I now have the FULL supersprint system headers all the way back. It is simply amazing, the power is imense, kicking in at 6000 rpm, and the entire bhp graph and torque graph is WAY higher though out the entire rev range. The sound.... is just perfect! Did a few tunnel runs and it's incredible. Not sure what the selling price will be yet, but it's the only company that now make right hand drive headers, worth every penny.

I had to put the car back to standard before taking it there, so took all the bolt ons off which dropped the power to 492bhp due to the remap being set up for the bolt ons. Now Supersprint have finished its up to 547bhp at 6000rpm. Next week will get the scoops, pulleys and remap done. I'm told it should be close to 600bhp. LEt me know if you want to meet up and have look/listen some time, I still owe you for the tyre experiment!

Mark.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Haha!! That was a funny day!

That's a lot of stuff done!! Would definitely be good to see you mate. Catch up etc, and hear and see your beast!! Have you still got my phone number? End in 430 Is your still the one that ends in 564?

Good to see you're still on here!!
Old 05-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Jon M5
Haha!! That was a funny day!

That's a lot of stuff done!! Would definitely be good to see you mate. Catch up etc, and hear and see your beast!! Have you still got my phone number? End in 430 Is your still the one that ends in 564?

Good to see you're still on here!!
Yeah thats my number. Lost phone a few times since we met so don;t have yours any more! Drop me a text, more than happy to head down your way Tuesday sometime for a meet if you're about.
Mark.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

I am about on Tuesday bud yeah. Be good to have a catch up. I'll text you my number in the morning. Bit late now!! 3am....
Old 05-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stormster
Hey Jon good to see you again! Hope you've been well!

I've gone down a similar line to you. I went full CF with the vents and grills, CA custom made some side vents so that the entire piece is CF rather than just the 2 blades. Looks great.

I have the pulleys and scoops and they make a decent gain. I DID have the CA tune, but quite a bit of trouble. I won;t go into it here as the guys at CA are good friends. HOwever I went for the DMS remap in Southampton and that was awsome, worked a treat and they really put in the effort to to make it a custom tune. Came out at 540bhp with scoops and pulleys.

As for the exhaust I would HIGHLY recomend the supersprint system. I only came back from Italy yesterday after leaving the car there for 3 weeks while the built the worlds first right hand drve header system. I now have the FULL supersprint system headers all the way back. It is simply amazing, the power is imense, kicking in at 6000 rpm, and the entire bhp graph and torque graph is WAY higher though out the entire rev range. The sound.... is just perfect! Did a few tunnel runs and it's incredible. Not sure what the selling price will be yet, but it's the only company that now make right hand drive headers, worth every penny.

I had to put the car back to standard before taking it there, so took all the bolt ons off which dropped the power to 492bhp due to the remap being set up for the bolt ons. Now Supersprint have finished its up to 547bhp at 6000rpm. Next week will get the scoops, pulleys and remap done. I'm told it should be close to 600bhp. LEt me know if you want to meet up and have look/listen some time, I still owe you for the tyre experiment!

Mark.
Hey Mark, What are the pricing points on the Supersprint Exhaust system? Do you know?

Aartsy
Old 05-31-2010, 06:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Aartsy19
Hey Mark, What are the pricing points on the Supersprint Exhaust system? Do you know?

Aartsy
Not sure what the exact costing is going to be, but whatever it is it will be worth it! You can email them direct on alessandro.gilli@supersprint.com their website has some pricing info but it is all left hand drive models. Still I wouldn't imagine the selling price would be any different.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Members

Great to meet up again today Jon. As discussed dyno results with the full Supersprint system.

The biggest difference being where the power comes in, look at standard, 3000rpm = 200bhp, Supersprint 3000rpm - 420bhp! Not to mention delivery of top end power at 6000rpm instead of 8000!

Whatever the cost it's worth it! Email Alessandro for price details. alessandro.gilli@supersprint.com
Old 06-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stormster
Great to meet up again today Jon. As discussed dyno results with the full Supersprint system.

The biggest difference being where the power comes in, look at standard, 3000rpm = 200bhp, Supersprint 3000rpm - 420bhp! Not to mention delivery of top end power at 6000rpm instead of 8000!

Whatever the cost it's worth it! Email Alessandro for price details. alessandro.gilli@supersprint.com
No offense, but I think you may need to double check your math, Stormster.

HP = Torque * RPM / 5252

420 hp * 5252 / 3000 = 735 lb/ft of torque

There's no way even two M5's superglued together are making 735 lb/ft of torque at 3000 RPM. Maybe 3 M5's, but just barely.

From the looks of your graph, power peak has not changed, it remains at about 7700RPM. Peak torque looks to be at about 6200RPM.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Senior Members

Good to see you too Mark. I will let you know about the supercar meet on Sunday in the week. Take care mate. Car sounds awesome by the way