E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

F***ing Birds!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright guys pretty stressed out right now and need some input from you guys. Seems like birds love sh**ing on my car, i did not realize a big shit on my hood and was left for a few days there so now when i took it off it left hugee stains on the hood, I flew to a detail center to get it detailed but that didnt help they also sand waxed it, still nothing. now i just dont know whaT to do? i was trying to avoid repainting my hood..
Old 06-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Senior Members

if you used wax and it didn't come off , i think your dealing with somethin else then bird crap. Happened to me too a couples of days ago and it came off with just plain water

Maybe try to claybar it
Old 06-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Originally Posted by IndyRedBeast
if you used wax and it didn't come off , i think your dealing with somethin else then bird crap. Happened to me too a couples of days ago and it came off with just plain water

Maybe try to claybar it
Bird crap is acidic so it can eat through the clear. You may want to get it corrected.

I am sure it did not go all the way through. Do you have any pics?
Old 06-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

I have a spot also that won't come off from cleaning with a detail spray. I can see my own rub marks in the paint now - ugh.

My plan...

Clay it
Buff it with a DA buffer and light polish - something that says swirl remover or similar
Buff it with a glaze type polish

check and repeat if necessary

If this doesn't do it, I will switch to an orange pad, a compound type polish then work my way back up with lighter polishes and then wax.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Senior Members

Either try NoQuarter's method which should work, depending how deep the clear coat is etched in or give Andrew, Big "A" Detailing, a call since you're in NY. He seems to know what he's doing. I've seen so many detailers claiming they can fix lots of paint defects but at the end, some defects got worse.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Before washing and claying and all that effort. Some breadcrumbs and Alka-Seltzer works wonders for bird problems
Old 06-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Before washing and claying and all that effort. Some breadcrumbs and Alka-Seltzer works wonders for bird problems
Would you care yo explain how you use these two ingredients?
Old 06-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I have a spot also that won't come off from cleaning with a detail spray. I can see my own rub marks in the paint now - ugh.

My plan...

Clay it
Buff it with a DA buffer and light polish - something that says swirl remover or similar
Buff it with a glaze type polish

check and repeat if necessary

If this doesn't do it, I will switch to an orange pad, a compound type polish then work my way back up with lighter polishes and then wax.
Would the cost of all this polish and pads not be the same as getting it blown over down the bodyshop?
Old 06-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i Olivine Green w/ Beige leather interior, 6 spd manual, premium package, comfort access, cold weather package, heated rear seats. 2005 Acura MDX Touring Sage Brush Pearl w/ NAV, running boards, roof rack 1993 325is Calypso Red w/ Parchment leather interior, 5 spd manual. (Sold Nov 06)

I had a bird poop on the hood of my car and he/she must have been eating red berries of some sort because it left a big red blotch after I washed it. Paint cleaner didn't take it out but Barkeepers Best Friend did. I just made a little paste with the powder and put the paste over the stain...let it set about 10 minutes, checked it, and it was gone.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Senior Members

Its an investment on a detailing kit and you can use it over and over again in maintaining your paint and etc....getting it resprayed is only good till the next bird poop.

Originally Posted by matttytn2
Would the cost of all this polish and pads not be the same as getting it blown over down the bodyshop?