E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

EBC Yellowstuff

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 03:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='927029' date='Jun 29 2009, 02:29 PM
I don't normally drive my car at 100%, but I do take it places where I can open it up almost weekly in the summertime. Plus, I drive in the rain and snow and cold as well. So yes, I will check out the Stoptech and Pagid products. But I'm entering a situation where I don't know if I should just get some interim pads for now to improve the braking now and start putting together the lines, rotors and pads for a future upgrade; or maybe I should just wait a little while and change only the rotors and the pads - the thing about doing the brake lines is kinda not really worth it for me, bc I know I'll be getting another car sooner than the new lines can be cost-effective...

Any detailed opinions on Pagid and Stoptech? Do their pads eat up rotors?
v similar here except my car is much slower than yours and might be just 1 agressive driving per month. I was quite happy with redstuff after tested in keith's car. for me, I am going to check to make sure there is still enough serviceable life on the rotor, if so, will replace the stock pads with redstuff for now and then look into rotor and pad combination after.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Red stuff are only just above "average" at best on my car on the track, I know then M5 has larger discs but im pretty sure you would burn them up just the same on track with an M5, on the road they are more than adequate, as I suspect they would be on the M5.

Might try the yellows next time round
Old 06-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='927321' date='Jun 29 2009, 11:43 PM
Red stuff are only just above "average" at best on my car on the track, I know then M5 has larger discs but im pretty sure you would burn them up just the same on track with an M5, on the road they are more than adequate, as I suspect they would be on the M5.

Might try the yellows next time round
agreed. red stuff is more a stop gap solution for me before I change the rotor and pads together. more importantly, I want to check to see if the stock rotor size is good enough or not so I can decide whether to upgrade to BBK or not. I dont want to increase the unsprung and inertia weight unless I have to.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Not to introduce a new level of confusion, but I spoke to a rep from Pagid and he said that Pagid makes an exclusive pad for Bavarian Autosports, called the red pad, or smth like that - as per his recommendation, its an excellent pad. Anyone have any experience with that one?
Old 06-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='928209' date='Jun 30 2009, 01:13 PM
Not to introduce a new level of confusion, but I spoke to a rep from Pagid and he said that Pagid makes an exclusive pad for Bavarian Autosports, called the red pad, or smth like that - as per his recommendation, its an excellent pad. Anyone have any experience with that one?
hmm, interesting, I might consider this instead as a stop gap. thx for the info.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kcleung' post='928322' date='Jun 30 2009, 02:51 AM
hmm, interesting, I might consider this instead as a stop gap. thx for the info.
I think those might be a little more than just a stopgap - these are Pagid-made pads with borderline race stopping power and won't eat up the rotors - per Pagid's rep's words, at least. I'd say I really am pretty set on these - they are 80 bucks for fronts and 55 for rears - pretty resonable, IMO.

So for me it'll probably be the stoptech slotted rotors and stoptech steel lines and these Pagid-made pads. For now, its the best performance and quality for the price I've found.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='928382' date='Jun 30 2009, 04:38 PM
I think those might be a little more than just a stopgap - these are Pagid-made pads with borderline race stopping power and won't eat up the rotors - per Pagid's rep's words, at least. I'd say I really am pretty set on these - they are 80 bucks for fronts and 55 for rears - pretty resonable, IMO.

So for me it'll probably be the stoptech slotted rotors and stoptech steel lines and these Pagid-made pads. For now, its the best performance and quality for the price I've found.
Ic ic, seems the description on the web site is on the conservative side. Now I just need to find ways to ship to hk
Old 06-30-2009, 01:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kcleung' post='928387' date='Jun 30 2009, 04:56 AM
Ic ic, seems the description on the web site is on the conservative side. Now I just need to find ways to ship to hk
I'll re-ship them to you, if you want - if you trust me, of course LOL

But I still wanna know whether these are really as good as the rep said they are - really wish someone who's used them would show up here...
Old 06-30-2009, 03:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

The EBC Red Stuff are good don't get me wrong, its just when your braking super hard and late on track they can start to fade just a little. On the road they are more than adequate for me anyways.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='928392' date='Jun 30 2009, 05:12 PM
I'll re-ship them to you, if you want - if you trust me, of course LOL

But I still wanna know whether these are really as good as the rep said they are - really wish someone who's used them would show up here...
actually, I might take you up on this but let me try some of my friends in the us first

Quick Reply: EBC Yellowstuff