E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

E60 M5

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Gentlemen and Ladies. New here to this forum. I'm currently on the search for a M5. I found one for 28k with 83k miles on it. I'm just wondering does is it seem worth it to entertain the sale or should i keep moving along? There car is "fully loaded." I'm wondering if I was to purchase this car what things should I be worried about replacing? All help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Deaon
Old 11-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

Go for it, you wont regret it
Old 11-28-2010, 06:43 AM
Members

So you wouldnt fear a 2006 M5 with 83k miles on it?
Old 11-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 M5-SMG Silver Gray/Silverstone/Olive Ash wood/Carbon Fiber custom pieces Sport Seats, Comfort Access, Heads-Up display HRE 891Rs - 20x9 - 20x10 - Brushed Aluminum w/ PS2s Supersprint Exhaust + X Pipe Dinan Front BBK Dinan Stage 3 Software Dinan Intake RPI scoops Evosport Pulley M Sprint Booster CFs removed Hartge Front Spoiler/Rear Diffuser Carbon Fiber Side grilles/Kidney Grilles/Roundels/Rear Spoiler PIAA Angel Eye Upgrade Hardwired V1

I would until you got any service / repairs that have been done on the car. SMG is going to be the one of the main things. It is very smart to have an extended warranty on a car like this as well. SMG alone could cost you 6-8k in $$ if it needed to be replaced.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:55 AM
Members

how do i know if it need to be replaed? I dont even know what SMG is lol. I'm in a E90 335xi right now.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Senior Members

Just check the BMW service records. If the car has had alot of repairs during the 4 years stay away. Test drive it first to see if you like the SMG. At first it's going to be sluggish but after some learning time it's just as smooth as an automatic and is way more fun!
Old 11-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

to the forum!

SMG = http://lmgtfy.com/?q=SMG+BMW or http://lmgtfy.com/?q=SMG+BMW+M5

Originally Posted by lopealle
how do i know if it need to be replaed? I dont even know what SMG is lol. I'm in a E90 335xi right now.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Members

I also found another for $31k with 57k miles on it. I'm wondering if i can talk them dow to 28500-29k. I have 3 months left on my lease maybe I can get them to break that for me just to make a sale. What you guys think? This is the description:

AIR CONDITIONING,ANTI-LOCK BRAKES,DRIVER'S SIDE AIR BAG,PASSENGER SIDE AIR BAG,POWER STEERING,SIDE AIR BAG,TILT STEERING,AIR CONDITIONING,ALLOY WHEELS,ANTI-LOCK BRAKES,BLUETOOTH PHONE SYSTEM,CD PLAYER,CLIMATE CONTROL,COMFORT ACCESS - ALLOWS USER TO UNLOCK AND ENTER THE CAR AND START/STOP THE ENGINE WITHOUT USING THE KEY.,CRUISE CONTROL,DRIVER AIRBAG,FOG LIGHTS,FOLD DOWN REAR SEATS,HEAD UP DISPLAY,HEATED MIRRORS,HEATED SEATS,LEATHER SEATS,M MULTIFUNCTION SEATS WITH ACTIVE WIDTH ADJUSTMENT - INCLUDES: 18-WAY HEATED FRONT POWER SPORT SEATS; ACTIVE BACKREST WIDTH; ACTIVE HEAD RESTRAINTS,NAVIGATION,PASSENGER AIRBAG,POWER DRIVERS SEAT,POWER LOCKS,POWER MIRRORS,POWER PASSENGER SEAT,POWER REAR SUNSHADE WITH REAR MANUAL SIDE WINDOW SHADES,POWER SEATS,POWER TILT/TELESCOPIC STEERING WHEEL,POWER WINDOWS,RAIN SENSOR,REAR DEFROSTER,REAR DOOR MOUNTED SIDE IMPACT AIRBAG,REAR SEAT HEATING,REMOTE KEYS,SECURITY SYSTEM,SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO,SUN ROOF,TRACTION CONTROL,VARIABLE WIPERS.

Sounds like a good deal?
Old 11-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Contributors

57K miles,sounds better. If its a 2006 check the maintnence history on this car, if the SMG has not been replaced yet, you are looking to pay another $4k anytime in the future. Especially for 06 models.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Members

Do you think the dealer has replaced it already or the original would be in there? I apologize if my questions seem a little retarded lol. I'm not really good at buying cars lol. Also do you think I could get them to budge being that the factory wheels are not on the car? Unless those are a different type of M5 wheels.

Quick Reply: E60 M5