E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Considering an M5

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
I do it all the time.

Have you done any launches in your car yet, Kevin? Please tell me you have. And please tell me you know about this feature!
Is there such thing on our cars? I know about the Launch control, have i done it yet? Hell no :thumbsdown: Will i do it ever... Most definitely C i've only had the damn thing for a couple months.
Just tell me how do you rev up with smg without pushing the car forward when in motion...?
Dun tell me that you throw it in Neutral and put in back in the gear ... dats just lame.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by Shezmon
Is there such thing on our cars? I know about the Launch control, have i done it yet? Hell no :thumbsdown: Will i do it ever... Most definitely C i've only had the damn thing for a couple months.
Just tell me how do you rev up with smg without pushing the car forward when in motion...?
Dun tell me that you throw it in Neutral and put in back in the gear ... dats just lame.
You've had the car for a couple of months and you haven't done a launch???? What the hell is wrong with you?!?!?! You have an 06. That thing is broken in. Stop being a pussy and do it already!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
You've had the car for a couple of months and you haven't done a launch???? What the hell is wrong with you?!?!?! You have an 06. That thing is broken in. Stop being a pussy and do it already!
What he said. Launch is addictive and awesome!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

BTW...back on topic. Sounds like a good deal for $51K with the DINAN mods and CPOed.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by za3879
He was asking 56k, now he's down to 51k, so I think I can get em at 50 or 49 maybe. I just wanted to make sure its not too much mileage, etc.
How can I make sure the clutch is still in relatively good shape? I heard that SMG clutch replacement is a deadly cost. I replaced my 545's at 1800, so I'm guessing the M's is double?
It's $3K from what I know. $1800 is cheap for replacing the clutch!!

Originally Posted by Shezmon
Is there such thing on our cars? I know about the Launch control, have i done it yet? Hell no Will i do it ever... Most definitely C i've only had the damn thing for a couple months.
Yes. Where the hell have you been?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fttRPS023uk

Originally Posted by providenceleaf
BTW...back on topic. Sounds like a good deal for $51K with the DINAN mods and CPOed.
Definitely a good deal! U sell all the Dinan parts and then buy RPi!! LOL. I just love the intake boxes. It looks so nice. I offered the guy 49K but he turned me down. Seemed like he was really set on $52K at the time. I just didnt like the color. The rest, I LOVE!!!! BUY IT BUY IT!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i AW - every option

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
It's $3K from what I know. $1800 is cheap for replacing the clutch!!

Yes. Where the hell have you been?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fttRPS023uk

Definitely a good deal! U sell all the Dinan parts and then buy RPi!! LOL. I just love the intake boxes. It looks so nice. I offered the guy 49K but he turned me down. Seemed like he was really set on $52K at the time. I just didnt like the color. The rest, I LOVE!!!! BUY IT BUY IT!
A) I got the parts from Trinity, thus cheaper
The tech at my local BMW Dealership and the SA hook me up pretty good
C) That launch control is bad ass. I'm glad you posted it. I always wondered how in an SMG.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by za3879
I've gone back and forth looking for ways to get more juice out of 545, but I think I'm just going to buckle and get an M and call it a day.
I came across a black on black 08 M5 with 38k on it. Its SMG (i prefer 6MT), but my wife wants to be able to drive it (shitty, I know haha).
It apparently has some Dinan work done to it also, and its CPO'd to 6/100. Its dated 7/07. The specs are as follows, and the cost is about 50K.
What do you guys think?

NAVIGATION HEADSUP DISPLAY COMFORT ACCESS ACTIVE MULTI FUNCTION FRONT SEATS SOFT CLOSE DOORS ALUMINUM INTERIOR TRIM REAR SUNSHADES REAL TIME TRAFFIC INFO iPODUSB ADAPTER PARK DISTANCE CONTROL FLAT BLACK KIDNEY GRILLS FLAT BLACK SIDE VENTS POWDER COATED FACTORY BLACK WHEELS DINAN UPGRADES INCLUDE HIGH FLOW MASS AIR METER INTAKE ASSEMBLIES $1999 FREE FLOW EXHAUST W BLACK TIPS $2999 HIGH FLOW MIDSECTION EXHAUST RESONATORS $2399 STAGE 3 ENGINE SOFTWARE $1099 DINAN SIGNATURE BADGE

Make sure you get an extendend warranty. The M5 can be the best car you will ever own or the worst car you will ever own. With that said, I have the Gen 1, 2 and 4 M5s and love each one of them to death.

If you end up buying this car and decide to sell off the Dinan parts, specially the intake boxes, I call dibs on the Dinan parts. Please contact me, consider them sold. Thanks!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Banned

My Ride: A Car

My boy told me he saw a guy purchase a black on black 08 M5 with 38K miles with a shit load of Dinan mods and black wheels at an auction. He confirmed that it is this car. He purchased it at the auction for $47K. Plus misc fees, his cost is around $48K. You can now work ur way down!!! Just make sure the guy makes about $1G. hehehe
Old 07-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

At $50K, it's a good deal. Do it already, you will love it.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

The specs sound great on this car. Get it and post some pics!

If you end up keeping the Dinan stuff, get the throttle bodies and diff to round out the performance mods.