E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

bulgarian test of SL55 AMG Vs M6

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hopefully you can watch it, even without understanding... The SL was quicker from a roll, from a standstill, and in-gear. The presented stated (quite harshly) that the SMG gearbox was appaling, the fact that it shifted far slower than the SL55 AMG auto box (although he used S6??)... He also states that the Merc is a much better engineered car, much better in corners and in terms of stability , and so on...

To sum it up he states that the MERC beats the M6, like a watermelon crushing a cockroach (someone paid him money for that im sure )

Anyways a note they make is that the facelifted sl handles much better , and is also quicker in-gear and from a start than the old one ...

they state
0-100km/h

SL55 (500bhp) : 4.7s
SL55 (513bhp) : 4.4s
M6 (507bhp): 4.5s

thats it
look around minute 29:15 , they do a race with LC on the M6 and Hard start on the SL55 amg...

http://video.motoavangard.com/Merced...5_BMW%20M6.wmv

if you have problems , try accesing it from http://video.motoavangard.com/ or cut and paste shortcut and open with windows media player
Old 11-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Site isnt connecting.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Senior Members

works ok from UK ?
Old 11-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Now its working... it wasnt connecting earlier... 70MB dl from Bulgaria ... dang! we need faster satellite transmission... either that or the Fibers under the ocean are slow!
Old 11-02-2006, 01:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

Originally Posted by 700700' post='351378' date='Nov 1 2006, 11:23 PM
hopefully you can watch it, even without understanding... The SL was quicker from a roll, from a standstill, and in-gear. The presented stated (quite harshly) that the SMG gearbox was appaling, the fact that it shifted far slower than the SL55 AMG auto box (although he used S6??)... He also states that the Merc is a much better engineered car, much better in corners and in terms of stability , and so on...

To sum it up he states that the MERC beats the M6, like a watermelon crushing a cockroach (someone paid him money for that im sure )

Anyways a note they make is that the facelifted sl handles much better , and is also quicker in-gear and from a start than the old one ...

they state
0-100km/h

SL55 (500bhp) : 4.7s
SL55 (513bhp) : 4.4s
M6 (507bhp): 4.5s
thats it
look around minute 29:15 , they do a race with LC on the M6 and Hard start on the SL55 amg...

http://video.motoavangard.com/Merced...5_BMW%20M6.wmv

if you have problems , try accesing it from http://video.motoavangard.com/ or cut and paste shortcut and open with windows media player
Never quite worked out why you feel the need to post on a BMW BOARD about Mercedes being better.

Journos report what they're paid to report or don't you realise that????? I've driven many SL's & i'm not brand loyal, but i'd never take either the new or old SL55 over an M5 or M6. As for performance, it's too close to call, but i know for sure which one handles better & which one i'd rather be driving. As for the Merc slush box being quicker than S6, that's just plain funny. Took an SL55 owner (new model) round Spa in my M5 a couple of weeks ago & he wet himself at how quick the car felt & the speed of the gear changes.

That said, i'm on the look out for an SL65 at the moment, but the 1st thing i'll do with it assuming i get one, is change the brakes & springs to something worthy of a 600BHP+ monster. I'll also have the mapping tinkered with to lift her closer to 700BHP.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Senior Members

w8pmc:

Just disregard, he just likes to do this to stir up a little.

I just read this thread because I thought there was something objective or informative.
But it wasn?t IMO. I didn?t even bother to look at the movie after reading 700700?s words about the SMG etc.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cidair' post='351565' date='Nov 2 2006, 05:16 PM
w8pmc:

Just disregard, he just likes to do this to stir up a little.

I just read this thread because I thought there was something objective or informative.
But it wasn?t IMO. I didn?t even bother to look at the movie after reading 700700?s words about the SMG etc.
strangely, but signs of intelligence seem to evade you today. I am reporting on what the presenter said. hence my

(someone paid him money for that im sure )
and w8pmc, this topic was translated from a topic posted on, strangely enough, BMWworld bulgaria forums.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 M5 (very soon)

Originally Posted by 700700' post='351842' date='Nov 3 2006, 05:49 AM
strangely, but signs of intelligence seem to evade you today. I am reporting on what the presenter said. hence my
and w8pmc, this topic was translated from a topic posted on, strangely enough, BMWworld bulgaria forums.
The most useless test i ever saw, the guy in m6 didnt use LC, and i liked how he blows by and screams M6 whaaaaaat, the guy in m6 never even tried to race him, tests like this makes me sick.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:48 AM
Senior Members

Autobox quicker than the SMGIII?! That's a good one.
SL handling better than the M6?

Overall sports car rating sl as a better car...ROFL
Old 11-04-2006, 05:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

Originally Posted by 700700' post='351842' date='Nov 3 2006, 07:49 AM
Common sense suggests that even if the claims are true which most M5 owners know are not, then why post this to in your eyes the losing party.

I don't happen to mention in the gents toilets that my c0ck is bigger than the guy next to me, or expect the guy on the other side to inform me that his c0ck is bigger than mine. Does that make any sense to you??

No doubt those on the AMG or MB boards would love to hear your tale/that of the report you quote, however even if it was true & factual then it's not the done thing to wave your willy in front of other people. It's known in forum circles as being a TROLL.

As the actual E60 M5 owners will know, the AMG's you refer to are not very scary & if we believed they were better cars then i'm sure we's be driving them, but we decided they were not better & chose M5's. Many cars are slightly quicker off the line & in certain straight line tests, but the only car in the Merc camp that can handle is the ?350K SLR, the rest just wallow nicely & are certainly not involving driving machines. Not bothered what anyone writes as i've driven them all in different conditions & as far as i'm concerned, the M5 is the best performance saloon on the market bar none & most of the motoring world agree with me.

Quick Reply: bulgarian test of SL55 AMG Vs M6