E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

BMW550iFreak's Licence is Suspended!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by E60ROCKS
I couldnt agree more with you, its pretty sad that he lost his license and potentially have a criminal record because he posted online. This shines a light on all online forums where anything implicating you post can be hurtful. It takes the fun out of being on here.
Will people please stop saying this?!?!?! He was convicted of a traffic offense, not attempted murder, relax - I know it may seem like a lifetime punishment to a 19 yo kid, but it's 6 months suspension and 12 months probation. In other words FAR less than if he HAD actually hurt someone.
When will we stop being pussies and take responsibility for your actions?
Old 08-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca
Will people please stop saying this?!?!?! He was convicted of a traffic offense, not attempted murder, relax - I know it may seem like a lifetime punishment to a 19 yo kid, but it's 6 months suspension and 12 months probation. In other words FAR less than if he HAD actually hurt someone.
+10000
Old 08-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Contributors

The way some of the people here have turned the story around (by making BMW550iFreak the victim) reminds me of the a thief who broke into an house, injured himself whilst doing so and then went out and sued the owner of the house because he was injured... So who is the victim??
Old 08-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Understand where you're coming from John but laws are different in Canada. Did you know that a DUI is a criminal offense there? Also, if you have a DUI in the States, they won't allow you to enter Canada.

Don't know if this member's conviction is considered criminal but who knows.

Not to say I don't think he deserved what happened though. Just clarifying the criminal aspect.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Understand where you're coming from John but laws are different in Canada. Did you know that a DUI is a criminal offense there? Also, if you have a DUI in the States, they won't allow you to enter Canada.

Don't know if this member's conviction is considered criminal but who knows.

Not to say I don't think he deserved what happened though. Just clarifying the criminal aspect.
I have had 2 dui's (10+yrs ago) and ive been to canada 5 times w no problem. The first time was 2 years after my dui
Old 08-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by skelevirus
I have had 2 dui's (10+yrs ago) and ive been to canada 5 times w no problem. The first time was 2 years after my dui
They just didn't know about your record but they would have denied you entry if it was known. I was going on a company trip to Canada and they sent everyone the link stating that specific fact. My coworker who had a DUI didn't want to take the chance of traveling with peers and managers and having issues at their Customs so he made up a reason not to go. hahaha

Not sure how they would find out but that's their law.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
They just didn't know about your record but they would have denied you entry if it was known. I was going on a company trip to Canada and they sent everyone the link stating that specific fact. My coworker who had a DUI didn't want to take the chance of traveling with peers and managers and having issues at their Customs so he made up a reason not to go. hahaha

Not sure how they would find out but that's their law.

Yes, he is right.... look at http://www.lawyers.ca/duilaws/ontario/dui.htm
Old 08-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by miguex
I guess im just lucky!!
Old 08-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by Tacklebury
Well, firstly I?ve not bothered reading the first 8 pages, I can guess what?s written about our friend 550i.

I think it?s pretty sad that by posting on a forum he has now lost his license, this has far reaching implications for EVERY member of EVERY forum on the net.

For sure his driving and attitude were bad, even dangerous at times and something had to happen.

Anyone that reads M5board will know the story of the young lad asking about 160+ mph gear changes in S5 in his M5. Sadly an hour or so after posting he and 3 friends were dead. Their M5 ripped to pieces on some airfield in the states.

If we have prevented 550i doing a similar thing then so be it, but it?s a sad day when an open forum has the power to remove someone?s license.

I wouldn't be happy about this story chaps, we've all lost something from this.

Keep safe, don't drive like a tit, and if you do, DON'T POST IT ON THE NET!!!!

Tack.
Ok, I didn't bother reading your post, but I can imagine what was said in it

Originally Posted by E60ROCKS
I couldnt agree more with you, its pretty sad that he lost his license and potentially have a criminal record because he posted online. This shines a light on all online forums where anything implicating you post can be hurtful. It takes the fun out of being on here.
Dude, what are you talking about?! There are many threads where people have said ALL KINDS OF THINGS. The difference is, NONE of us - NONE - have taken an M5 to a residential area and gunned it to 140 km/h where kids are playing, people are walking with their babies... shit, even if he hurts a squirrel this way, it is still a waste of life. So quit wining about "implicating evidence on the forums" - he was convicted BECAUSE OF EYE WITNESS TESTIMONY.

YE!

Originally Posted by skelevirus
This reminded me of that South Park episode where Kartman went "I am above the law"
Old 08-19-2010, 03:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E60 SMG Interlagos Blue Silverstone II Full Merino Perforated w/ Individual Piano Black Trim All options except for fold down rear seats 1330 miles 02/12/10 2008 E92 DCT M3 Arctic White Silver Novillo Extended w/ Carbon Fiber Trim Pretty much all options 10k miles 09/09 135 E82 Black Sapphire Metallic Coral Red w/ Gloss Black Trim Pretty much all options 7k miles 09/09

Wow ... all the comments by v_therussian, above, RIGHT ON!!

E60ROCKS - you are "sad" because he lost his license for a relatively forgettable short time? Lost because of a "post?"
1) Even he and his family BENEFIT from the suspension, if for no other reason than the car won't incur costly repairs for the next 6 months. Let alone the benefit to others by not being subject to almost certain personal and property injury.
2) He was arrested for his CONDUCT - violation of the law. The conduct was noted and complained about by neighbors.

Tacklebury - as to "I think it?s pretty sad that by posting on a forum he has now lost his license, this has far reaching implications for EVERY member of EVERY forum on the net' -
He WANTED as many people to know what he did and that what he did violated laws and put people in danger. His first forum post in a thread he started emphasized how cool he felt because was able to upset someone on the street. That was the first in repeated efforts to ensure that his illegal conduct was made as public and highlighted as HE could possibly make it.
Whether or not he fully realized their full impact he wanted, sought out and virtually guaranteed the consequences.

Quick Reply: BMW550iFreak's Licence is Suspended!!!