E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

ASR exhaust appreciation

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch. Time for RPI GTS
Old 02-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

i wud honestly choose ASR any day over RPI.... 3 inches pipe through out w/ great built quality, i've compared em side by side and ASR def has a better built quality but then again it is more expensive also...
Old 02-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by Shezmon
i wud honestly choose ASR any day over RPI.... 3 inches pipe through out w/ great built quality, i've compared em side by side and ASR def has a better built quality but then again it is more expensive also...
3 inch piping doesn't necessarily equate to power gains. It's about Exhaust Gas Velocity (EGT) and I believe that's why RPI decided to go with a slightly smaller diameter.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Members

I have not seen an ASR system in person so I can't comment about comparing the two in terms of build quality but my RPI system is awesome. What exactly were you comparing? What I can say (based on what I've seen on M5 Forums) is that RPI is cheaper in price, has the same power gains from dynos reported by members, and will be delivered within a week as opposed to over half a year / never for ASR
Old 02-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by AngelSlayer
I have not seen an ASR system in person so I can't comment about comparing the two in terms of build quality but my RPI system is awesome. What exactly were you comparing? What I can say (based on what I've seen on M5 Forums) is that RPI is cheaper in price, has the same power gains from dynos reported by members, and will be delivered within a week as opposed to over half a year / never for ASR

just wondering where you get your hartge front lip from ?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

Originally Posted by doorow_88
just wondering where you get your hartge front lip from ?
exactly tell him that.. lol
Old 03-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Members

exactly tell him that.. lol

Doorow, world wide (like Canada) I'm not sure. You may want to check out Hartge's website (http://www.hartge.de/) and see if they have a distributor in Canada? The last I heard, they no longer import into the US. I got mine used via a local shop I use here in California. I do believe there are replica hartge front lips as well that sometimes show up on Ebay.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AngelSlayer

Doorow, world wide (like Canada) I'm not sure. You may want to check out Hartge's website (http://www.hartge.de/) and see if they have a distributor in Canada? The last I heard, they no longer import into the US. I got mine used via a local shop I use here in California. I do believe there are replica hartge front lips as well that sometimes show up on Ebay.
There are a few companies that make replicas for hartge and are available in the US. I have a few buddies w/ them on. I believe the website that offers it is called revozsport. GL.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Members

There are a few companies that make replicas for hartge and are available in the US. I have a few buddies w/ them on. I believe the website that offers it is called revozsport. GL.
Yeah, I would go for the replicas, especially for lips (as long as the fitment works). Too many accidents with the lips and doesn't make sense to spend a fortune on them in my opinion.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:45 PM
Members

thanks , i'll check with them .